Post up your HUD pictures (Demo video inside).

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015 | 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ My guess is different design teams. very common in large companies when different teams make up the whole of a single product. you see it happen all the time in large software companies. it usually takes some pain (bad press, loss of sales / market lead, customer complaints, etc) for them to realize that they have to unify the direction and/or design principles to create a product that has more consistency and unification in how the product is used, consumed, etc.

Sometimes it's also the result of a product feature coming about as a result of an acquisition of a smaller company that brings the feature with them. In an effort to quickly go-to-market with the new feature, there is not enough time for the team from the newly acquired company to fully integrate their existing products (now to be a feature) into the whole of the main product. What you end up with is a product that seems "disjointed".

And then other times it's just poor overall product management, with no one at the helm really ensuring that principles and design guidelines are being followed across the entire product.

I think we'll see more improvements over the next couple years as Acura is definitely making better moves and better decisions as of late. I think with the recent success shown in their Q4 sales/earnings report, there is a "renaissance" of sorts going on at Acura and an excitement that I think is slowly starting to show itself both in the market and in their products.
Old 01-06-2015 | 06:51 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by holografique
Question: with the HUD essentially replicating the MID information, what do you see in the MID? Is it always displaying a duplicate of the HUD?
Sometimes, but not always.

The vectoring icon and tachometer don't show in the MID.

But if you select to have ACC/LKAS in the HUD, it is also in the MID.