KDM Honda Legend

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
KDM Honda Legend

So the Legend is offered in Korea with the JDM/Sport Hybrid frontend, but with P-AWS, optional base wheels, LHD, and no Hybrid badges. Apparently someone at Honda thought the RLX P-AWS frontend wasn't bling enough for the Asian market

????? - Honda Korea (gallery)

Last edited by silverTL6; 05-24-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
I prefer that Sport Hybrid front end. Is it me or did it look like the Koren version also has additional DRL on the small strip in the lower section of the bumper? I dont recall the US Sport Hybrid having this. It's just longer amber strips with the small LED foglight right? If so, yet another small tweak that I like better than the US version.

Looks like it also gets the nicer interior wood design of the Hybrid versus the one we have now in the US PAWS version. And whats with that under-panel storage space in the trunk? Do we have that in our US PAWS?? If so, I had no idea. If not, then just one more example of US versions of Acura vehicles getting the shaft versus their international counterparts...
Old 05-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
I prefer that Sport Hybrid front end.
ha ha ha ha ha.... :-)

Another one of our differences of opinion.

I've always felt the original nose looked cleaner, without the extra chrome and fog lights.

Modern fog lights, even the good LED on the Legend, don't really do enough good to worry about, although they've become cheap enough you can't really complain if they are a part of a package.

The chrome strips that they added to make the fog lights look like they fit in, to me they just complicate what was a previously smoother design.

Better go poke around your rear compartment to see if you're missing anything else back there. LOL....
Old 05-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

^ LOL. Yea im gonna feel pretty silly if that extra storage space has been back there hidden all this time!

Maybe if I look hard enough I'll find a hidden rear HVAC/Radio armrest console!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by George Knighton
ha ha
The chrome strips that they added to make the fog lights look like they fit in, to me they just complicate what was a previously smoother design.
I actually agree with you on the additional "thin" chrome strips. It does make the front a bit busy. I do prefer the cleaner look of the US PAWS...like this...

I should should have been more clear in stating that the component I do like of the KDM PAWS is the single longer white LED strip, that appears to be acting like an additional DRL (not the LED foglight, I could care less about those). Very much like the ones the TLX prototype had that never made it to production. I thought those were very sexy.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
^ LOL. Yea im gonna feel pretty silly if that extra storage space has been back there hidden all this time!

Maybe if I look hard enough I'll find a hidden rear HVAC/Radio armrest console!
Unless you install the spare tire kit. Then you get a replacement foam insert that takes away all the under panel storage space (so the spare tire can fit under it).
Old 05-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
I actually agree with you on the additional "thin" chrome strips. It does make the front a bit busy. I do prefer the cleaner look of the US PAWS...like this...

I should should have been more clear in stating that the component I do like of the KDM PAWS is the single longer white LED strip, that appears to be acting like an additional DRL (not the LED foglight, I could care less about those). Very much like the ones the TLX prototype had that never made it to production. I thought those were very sexy.
But it is very clean! Nice work! Makes me happy.