The Homer Simpson RLX-SH

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts
The Homer Simpson RLX-SH

I wasn’t a big Simpsons fan. I watched the program as I could. I remember one episode, where Homer's half brother lets Homer design a car, The Homer | Simpsons Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I was thinking what I would do if I could re-design the RLX-SH.

I’d twin turbo charge the ICE, the goal being 375hp at the crank. I don’t think the engine would need much beefing up to handle the horse power. Then I’d add 300 horse power in electric motors. One hundred horse power up front to work with the ICE and one hundred horse power at each rear wheel. I’d want a larger higher output battery to drive the electric motors. I’d tweak the SH-AWD system so it performed more like the 3G TL SH-AWD system. Tweak the overall suspension to handle the horse power and better road handling. I’d still want the comfort ride available.

Homer Simpson’s car was an unmitigated disaster. I suspect mine would be too. The final price would ensure no one bought the car.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
LOL! A larger battery would add weight, which would impact performance and reduce trunk space and, possibly, passenger room. The RLX Sport Hybrid is already quite heavy. However, if there are smaller, higher-output batteries that can get the job done without weighing the car down, sign me up!