Eibach lowering springs now available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:39 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Padre Dave
Of course they will work! Our cars have the same suspension and these don't interfere with any of our Dynamic Driving Mode (the large dial in the middle of our center console so I can't see why they won't work. Graham Rahal site said there are only 75 sets but I wonder if there are that many who will invest the money for the springs, the installation (figure an hour labor for each corner) plus the alignment. Eichbach must have mede a deal with Rahal to distribute the springs. They have free shipping, Rahal charges $50 for shipping.

If you have the resources, go for it. If there are enough of enthusiast drivers of RDXs, the supply will go up.
What was the rough install cost? Did you get the alignment done immediately or are you waiting?
Old 07-17-2020, 07:33 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBot
Your RDX with the springs make me drool. Awesome setup. I want it very badly for my Advanced but no word on whether the springs will work with that model.
There was a member that had a ZDX with the old magnetic active damper system (ADS) and he lowered his ride with springs about the same amount as Eibach. He said the ride was rough afterwards in Comfort mode feeling like Sport+ and Sport mode feeling like Sport++. I think he ended up removing them because it was too stiff for everyday driving. The RDX electronic dampers are different from the magnetic struts/shocks and you "might" not get the stiffer ride compared the base/tech/Aspec RDX. Eibach springs killed my OEM struts/shocks after around 80,000 miles on my 08 RDX; but, regular old KYB struts/shocks replacements wasn't that much. Having to replace the RDX electronic dampers in +80,000 miles would be +$1500 for parts/labor/alignment.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:29 AM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ncsustash
What was the rough install cost? Did you get the alignment done immediately or are you waiting?
My tech charged me for 3.5 hours and did an alignment which came out to around $700. Well worth the cost to me.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:46 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
My tech charged me for 3.5 hours and did an alignment which came out to around $700. Well worth the cost to me.
Any issues with rear camber?

I've always had an issue with my rear camber being off when lowered on my 1st Gen RDX and with my 06 TSX with ASpec+Progress RSB suspension. Even my 11 MDX Adv rear camber was always off, never in the green. Couldn't find adjustable camber kit like I did for my TSX available for my 1st Gen RDX. I just rotated the RDX tires every 5,000 miles on the M.I.D. oil change schedule to even out the wear.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:21 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Any issues with rear camber?

I've always had an issue with my rear camber being off when lowered on my 1st Gen RDX and with my 06 TSX with ASpec+Progress RSB suspension. Even my 11 MDX Adv rear camber was always off, never in the green. Couldn't find adjustable camber kit like I did for my TSX available for my 1st Gen RDX. I just rotated the RDX tires every 5,000 miles on the M.I.D. oil change schedule to even out the wear.
Yeah, I had to buy adjustable rear control arms for my Mazdaspeed 3 as well. My tech didn’t indicate any issues with camber, front or rear. I rotate my tires (free at Discount Tire) every 4-6K miles.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 279 Posts
Yeah, I had to buy adjustable rear control arms for my Mazdaspeed 3 as well. My tech didn’t indicate any issues with camber, front or rear. I rotate my tires (free at Discount Tire) every 4-6K miles.
Do you mind showing the alignment numbers? I would like to see front camber change after the lowering spring. Do you happen to know if the front camber is adjustable on our cars?
Old 07-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I wish someone would make sway bar upgrade! that is always the first mood I do on my cars.
The following users liked this post:
Padre Dave (07-21-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 200 Posts
Am I correct in understanding that only Graham Rahal Performance has the springs right now? They bought the first run and are the only distributors for now but they'll be available through other vendors later? If I can get it from my local Vancouver shop I can avoid the shipping and duty (I've been quoted $375CAD which is basically par for the exchange rate).
Old 07-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
There was a member that had a ZDX with the old magnetic active damper system (ADS) and he lowered his ride with springs about the same amount as Eibach. He said the ride was rough afterwards in Comfort mode feeling like Sport+ and Sport mode feeling like Sport++. I think he ended up removing them because it was too stiff for everyday driving. The RDX electronic dampers are different from the magnetic struts/shocks and you "might" not get the stiffer ride compared the base/tech/Aspec RDX. Eibach springs killed my OEM struts/shocks after around 80,000 miles on my 08 RDX; but, regular old KYB struts/shocks replacements wasn't that much. Having to replace the RDX electronic dampers in +80,000 miles would be +$1500 for parts/labor/alignment.

Hmmm....I never considered this. So adding these lowering springs to my active dampers could provide a much harsher ride and in the end actually destroy things? Is that the case for all lowering springs?
Old 07-18-2020, 11:31 PM
Racer

Talking

Hmmm....I never considered this. So adding these lowering springs to my active dampers could provide a much harsher ride and in the end actually destroy things? Is that the case for all lowering springs?
I don’t find the ride rough at all. The stance is much improved and there is no body roll....though I am sure if I really pushed it at higher speed....I am not much of a dare-devil. I feel the difference between Comfort and Sport. Sport + is just throttle response and the increase in steering effort.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 58 Posts
Padre Dave, is there any bottoming out with these springs? There was someone on the Facebook group that claimed there was some suspension sounds after install... I doubt a minor lowering would cause any issues but thought it would be good to check with those of you who have had them installed already.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by WunderWagen
Padre Dave, is there any bottoming out with these springs? There was someone on the Facebook group that claimed there was some suspension sounds after install... I doubt a minor lowering would cause any issues but thought it would be good to check with those of you who have had them installed already.
No bottoming out for me. The day of installation, I did hear one “settling” noise, but no sounds since. Riding good.....
Old 07-21-2020, 11:10 PM
Racer

Now the springs are part of my “normal”. I really like the stance. The RDX sits lower than my wife’s Mazda CX-9. The car seems now to be more stable in turns. My butt dyno feels a real difference in the 2 traffic circles I negotiate every day I head into town....I like to take it at some speed....before the springs there was some body roll....not much, but some. Now it is so much quicker....I corner at greater speed with a big smile on my face.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:35 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Actually looks really good. I'd imagine the stock struts won't last very long on bad roads (ie: NYC area). What would steer me clear from these is that the A-Spec with factory tires/wheels already rides pretty poorly for a crossover. Lowered springs without the correct dampening would only make this worse. Looks good, I'd rather not after having dealt with highly modded cars in my past.

Who knows though, maybe down the road ... a lowered stance may make 18" wheels with larger sidewall tires look acceptable.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by leomio85
Actually looks really good. I'd imagine the stock struts won't last very long on bad roads (ie: NYC area). What would steer me clear from these is that the A-Spec with factory tires/wheels already rides pretty poorly for a crossover. Lowered springs without the correct dampening would only make this worse. Looks good, I'd rather not after having dealt with highly modded cars in my past.

Who knows though, maybe down the road ... a lowered stance may make 18" wheels with larger sidewall tires look acceptable.
I’ve lowered a couple of cars in my history, and this vehicle is not a rough riding vehicle compared to my last Mazdaspeed 3 that was also lowered and chassis braced, and motor mounts stiffened....THAT was a rough riding car! This vehicle (and yes, I iwn an A-Spec with some nice slightly oversized Michelin tires and on stock wheels. No bottoming out, no shaking dental fillings loose...actually a pretty nice vehicle that is very much better than it was stock. I am just saying.....your mileage may vary.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:12 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85

is anyone on here running 18s?
Old 09-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
So how's are the lowering springs working out for everyone?

​​​​​​PRL Motorsports has them listed and labeled as having been tested with factory dampers so my Advanced model sounds like it should be okay with these springs.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:55 PM
Racer

So how's are the lowering springs working out for everyone?

​​​​​​PRL Motorsports has them listed and labeled as having been tested with factory dampers so my Advanced model sounds like it should be okay with these springs.
All is well. They do make a few noises but I can’t see how that is any problem.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone know when another (or if) another production run happens on the springs? Only Graham Rahal has any stock (he got the exclusive) and I'm in Canada and wanting to buy in Canada to minimize my fees. I emailed Eibach and never got an answer.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:22 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Padre Dave do you think your options for outdoor activities would be compromised by lower with these springs? Have you test your clearance any by hitting camping spots/hills or anything mildly different than the usual asphalt roads?
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by xerious3d
@Padre Dave do you think your options for outdoor activities would be compromised by lower with these springs? Have you test your clearance any by hitting camping spots/hills or anything mildly different than the usual asphalt roads?
Well, I get what you are asking, but have to laugh because my idea of camping is a Motel 6! I did my share of off-road stuff when I was a Paramedic over 45 years ago, but I do have more than a few dirt roads in my area. I doubt that the lowering would interfere with clearance to go to a campsite in a State Park. The drop is not very drastic at all. If you look at mine, it is noticeable but no one but fellow RDXers ever stop and ask questions. If you are in the area, come by and we can go 10 feet off road and see what happens.

That is likely not much help, but I did my best.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Finally got my springs installed and I'm impressed by how well they work. I was ready for more choppiness but the ride is nearly the same as stock - it's a bit more bouncy over multiple long duration bumps but otherwise the car feels more planted and feels like it rolls less. So far, in my very limited mileage I'm pretty pleased with how well tuned they are.
The following 2 users liked this post by supafamous:
Padre Dave (01-06-2021), Phteven12 (01-31-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Racer

Has anyone else lowered theirs? I like the look of the bags, but I’ve never wanted it on the ground. Now that I have a couple hundred miles on my car, I wish it was lowered another ˝”. This set up is great, but I like a little lower. I am not going to do anything to lower mine further, but will wait for other suspension mods as they come out. With the K-Tuner Stage 2, K&N.....I’d maybe like to make the exhaust just a LITTLE louder......but no drone! Otherwise, I believe I am done. Oh, I am sure I will find a set of killer wheels I just “got to have”....and I am an adult and disciplined,,,,,,but might get them anyway......What can I say?
Old 02-03-2021, 11:14 PM
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 58 Posts
Padre, another option if you want to go lower is a coil over kit. SF Racing makes one apparently.

https://www.sfracing-usa.com/product...ra-rdx-tc1-tc2
Old 02-03-2021, 11:17 PM
Racer

Padre, another option if you want to go lower is a coil over kit. SF Racing makes one apparently.

Yeah, I thought about that and maybe if I decide to autocross or do a bunch of track days. It is on the “Dreams” file.....
Old 02-05-2021, 07:26 AM
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts
Haven't installed my Eibach springs yet, not sure what I'm waiting for. For the exhaust side I've picked up an RV6-P catted downpipe with ceramic coating that needs to be installed as well, which I'm hoping makes a touch of sound but as you stated no drone or anything like that. GRP intercooler lays in waiting as well, but I'm thinking that will be a mostly cosmetic piece until the MHI stage 2 or PRL P600 turbo upgrade are purchased and installed.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

At that price I can't imagine the damping is particularly good - that price point is very much entry level for a coilover. I'd be pretty keen on swapping out the shocks for Koni Sports or some Bilstein's as I don't find the RDX dampers to be that good anyways, if I can get another half inch of lowering out of then even better!
Old 03-25-2021, 07:07 PM
4th Gear

Before and After Eibachs

Eibachs installed

Eibachs installed

Stock height

Stock height
Old 03-25-2021, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts
That's an odd looking RDX
The following 2 users liked this post by NBPDC505:
2k5_AcuraTL (06-28-2021), JB in AZ (03-26-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 10:11 PM
4th Gear

My bad, posted in the wrong post and don't know how to delete!
Old 07-19-2021, 12:49 PM
4th Gear

Is it confirmed that these will work on a FWD A spec...??
Old 07-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Chasnjr
Is it confirmed that these will work on a FWD A spec...??
I sure hope so….I’ve had them on my FWD A-Spec for about a year now.
2k5_AcuraTL (08-24-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

Eibach Springs on Base RDX

I’ve installed these springs on my base model ‘21 RDX the look is nice I’ve put some new wheels on as well. I do hear some noise when I do go over minor bumps from either front side tire, some “clack-clack” noises. Lol. Is this normal!? First time I drop my car and wanted to make sure.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 PM
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by FLORDX
I’ve installed these springs on my base model ‘21 RDX the look is nice I’ve put some new wheels on as well. I do hear some noise when I do go over minor bumps from either front side tire, some “clack-clack” noises. Lol. Is this normal!? First time I drop my car and wanted to make sure.
i just got mine on last week and have been driving over bumps, highway & around town & no noise like the others have been hearing.

EFR (11-15-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Racer

I've had mine on for over a year, and on the rare times I have my FLAC music down, I have heard some clacking sound that are obviously from the springs. I've taken all kinds of corners at speed and have experienced no instability with the noise. It's just a noise....don't want to hear it? Put some awesome FLAC music files on your USB drive, select USB as the source and crank it up! I can't go higher than 12, but there is no distortion even there. I went to too many hard rock concerts in the 1970's while in the Air Force in Tucson, and you combine that with 20 years of ambulance driving as a Paramedic and .....I'm amazed I hear as well as I do!
The following 2 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
EFR (11-15-2021), Funz51 (11-11-2021)
Old 01-18-2022, 11:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 279 Posts
For those of you with noise issue, this might be helpful:
The following 5 users liked this post by sonyfever:
19 RDX A-Spec (10-19-2022), gordonary (01-20-2022), NBPDC505 (01-19-2022), Padre Dave (01-23-2022), Type X (01-19-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 07:20 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys. Bring this thread back. Does anyone know for sure if the eibachs will fit the tech package. 🤔 @FLORDX was able to fit them in his base model. So it should fit a tech right?
Old 07-05-2022, 09:17 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by official.p
Hi guys. Bring this thread back. Does anyone know for sure if the eibachs will fit the tech package. 🤔 @FLORDX was able to fit them in his base model. So it should fit a tech right?
It fits the A-Spec, and all of the other models as well
official.p (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 07:01 PM
Racer

That includes FWD and AWD….springs are springs in this case. Same car, one set of lowering springs…..
official.p (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 07:03 PM
Racer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sonyfever
For those of you with noise issue, this might be helpful:
https://youtu.be/nKNubu7l_RE
When you order the sleeves make sure you have “Proof of Purchase”. I bought an early set in 2020 and couldn’t find a receipt. After multiple emails which were unsuccessful, I finally copied my posts from this thread from 2 years ago. The sleeves are on the way….
official.p (07-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Eibach lowering springs now available!