Can anyone provide alignment specs for 2020 RDX A-spec?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone provide alignment specs for 2020 RDX A-spec?

Mine is days old and I don't like the way it's handling.
The car wanders back and forth on the highway. It's evident even when lane keeping assist is on. It goes to the right then bounces over to the left then right, then left whether it's me steering or it steering.
I'd like to know what the factory toe, caster etc, specs are for the 20" wheels please.

Anyone else experience the same?
Old 09-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Advanced

My alignment guy says they won't be available to him until the spring for the 2020, but that
the 2019 should work. In any case, he fixed my problem. It drives wonderfully now as it should.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,711 Likes on 6,718 Posts
Can you upload the alignment sheet for others?
Old 09-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Advanced

Sure, I'll post in a little while.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Uploaded good alignment values

This is "Alignment Guy" in Gainesville. This is all he does. Anyway, I guess you would be wondering what the before values were and
I'm sorry but I don't have that printout. I can tell you that about four of the boxes above were red. He said toe was out slightly. He also found
the right front tire had 38 lbs in it vs the others at about 36.5. I had not measured quite that much with my gauge, but he let some air out of that tire too.
I'm here to tell you that these small changes made all the difference in the world. I thought I'd bought a bazillion dollar car that just didn't drive well,
but it turns out that it drives very smoothly when adjusted to spec. Thank God; which I did and also the "Alignment Guy". He asked for $20 and I gave him $40.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Advanced

I spoke with Grady the "Alignment Guy" this morning to thank him profusely and I asked him if he
had the numbers from prior to making the changes. He didn't save them, but he mentioned
that the issue was not positive toe, but rather negative toe and the change he made was to bring
it more into the positive. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:38 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Wait...he wanted $20 for an alignment?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Advanced

He wanted $20 to check the alignment. All I wanted from him was the report and the 2020 RDX specifications.
He said he only had the 2019, but he felt that would work.
He is the one who suggested that he could adjust it pretty quickly. He then said "$20" which I felt
was not fair so I gave him $40. He is rated 5 star on google reviews - Hope the url is ok on this web site.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...39.m7E7B2TXi-k

Hey EFR, thanks for at least posting something...anything. I joined three Acura forums and not one replied to my request for
help with this. I would have been happy if someone just were friendly and said the obvious - "Hey, welcome to the forum ! You might want to
take it to your Acura service center and have them check the alignment" . Oh well; but yes that is what he charged me.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Next time, pay him a little more and have him dial in the toe exactly to zero. or .08 in the rear.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:14 PM
Advanced

You're welcome.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:37 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

That's great. I think alignment is too often overlooked in our efforts to maintain a car, and it sounds like you have a great and fair guy. Totally get the extras cash you gave him. There have been several times I have gave someone more that than they wanted because I felt like they were ...cheating...themselves. I've had my RDX one year now, but only have 2800 miles on it...but you serve as a good reminder I should get the alignment checked. Who knows how it was at delivery. My LR3 (all LR3's that year did) had known alignment issues at delivery. I was unaware of that issue, and the rear tires were worn to nothing on the inside of the treads, which were tough to see just walking around the car, within 20,000 miles. Anyway, outside of a couple infotainment hiccups, as you will see across this board on the RDX, it's been a pleasure to drive. Very sporty handling for an SUV---especially compared to my 'marshmallow on wheels' LR3.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EFR
That's great. I think alignment is too often overlooked in our efforts to maintain a car, and it sounds like you have a great and fair guy. Totally get the extras cash you gave him. There have been several times I have gave someone more that than they wanted because I felt like they were ...cheating...themselves. I've had my RDX one year now, but only have 2800 miles on it...but you serve as a good reminder I should get the alignment checked. Who knows how it was at delivery. My LR3 (all LR3's that year did) had known alignment issues at delivery. I was unaware of that issue, and the rear tires were worn to nothing on the inside of the treads, which were tough to see just walking around the car, within 20,000 miles. Anyway, outside of a couple infotainment hiccups, as you will see across this board on the RDX, it's been a pleasure to drive. Very sporty handling for an SUV---especially compared to my 'marshmallow on wheels' LR3.
I had to google LR3, (Land Rover). I came from a Wrangler Rubicon, so I suppose I should have known that. I work from home, so I should also not be putting many miles on mine.
Frankly, I've only been able to enjoy the vehicle for about an hour. I was so distraught about the terrible handling. When I drove it from the alignment shop last night, I was in heaven with such relief.
The mediator might have had a point about trying for 0, but it drives so well ; I wouldn't touch it. Alignment Guy may have aligned with some experience or feel involved or it might have been just luck that
those numbers work so well. I'm a big believer in the adage - "if it works, don't mess with it". I can get by with the infotainment hiccups. There's plenty off neat features to be excited about and I love how it drives now.
But, I will not soon get over that the sales rep and sales manager told me the car had android auto. After a tiny bit of research that I should have done beforehand; it is a very well known issue with the RDX..not having it.
Lots of people mad about that.
So yeah the sales mgr knew. But, maybe they might indeed actually push out an app one day. I'm pessimistic that they will release it in the 2021 model and it won't be backward compatible. That is my expectation.
Thanks for your input.
Since you own one. Let me ask a couple operational questions if you have time.
- Re: the left mirror that looks downward when the vehicle is in reverse. Is there any setting somewhere to tell it not to do that? I wouldn't mind so much but it doesn't
return to where I thought I stored the setting. I don't like how it looks down at the left rear wheel anyway. Engineering gone excessive.
- Is there a way to change the default feature where the motor shuts off when sitting? I know I can turn it off, but I'd like it to be off permanently.
thx
Old 09-17-2019, 02:46 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

I'm usually the one asking questions---but-
On the drivers side armrest, all the way in the front by your fingertips is a slider switch marked L R. If that switch is to the left (L) it makes the left mirror go down and vice-versa of course for the right (R). If you center it, neither mirror moves.
As for the Auto Off feature, I suspect most would wish that that had an option of being disabled, but the best you can do I believe, is push that button on the center dash/console with A and a circle with an arrow around it every time you start the vehicle. There are a variety of other ways to keep the engine from stopping which have to do with where the AC is set, playing the brake pedal a little lightly at a light, and others I don't recall. Me, I don't like it, but it is the way it is.
I get it about Android. I am an Apple user, so it doesn't matter to me, but it's hard to imagine a year plus since the car came out it still doesn't exist.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

nah i just think most alignment shops are lazy and go with the adage of "good enough" because it's in the green. I pay my alignment guy $100 for alignments because he is extremely particular about zeroing out the toe and other aspects, not just leaving it in the green.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EFR
I'm usually the one asking questions---but-
On the drivers side armrest, all the way in the front by your fingertips is a slider switch marked L R. If that switch is to the left (L) it makes the left mirror go down and vice-versa of course for the right (R). If you center it, neither mirror moves.
As for the Auto Off feature, I suspect most would wish that that had an option of being disabled, but the best you can do I believe, is push that button on the center dash/console with A and a circle with an arrow around it every time you start the vehicle. There are a variety of other ways to keep the engine from stopping which have to do with where the AC is set, playing the brake pedal a little lightly at a light, and others I don't recall. Me, I don't like it, but it is the way it is.
I get it about Android. I am an Apple user, so it doesn't matter to me, but it's hard to imagine a year plus since the car came out it still doesn't exist.
Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll definitely do the mirror switch. Maybe I'll get used to the motor going off. It is just sort of weird that it does that little jerk think when you first start back up.
Yeah, it's hokey about the lack of Android, but at least they should have been truthful about it.
Thanks again for the information.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thoiboi
nah i just think most alignment shops are lazy and go with the adage of "good enough" because it's in the green. I pay my alignment guy $100 for alignments because he is extremely particular about zeroing out the toe and other aspects, not just leaving it in the green.
Yep it's entirely possible he was in a hurry as I was the last customer of the day.
I'm still very grateful he got it driving nicely even if less than perfect.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Regarding the "red" caster value. Can that be adjusted ? I got the impression it could not be adjusted.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:18 AM
6th Gear

Same Exact problem

Originally Posted by Jeff_mdx
My alignment guy says they won't be available to him until the spring for the 2020, but that
the 2019 should work. In any case, he fixed my problem. It drives wonderfully now as it should.
2020 RDX A Spec with 7400 miles purchased 2 weeks ago, certified pre owned, , Having the exact same problem, going to the dealer in 5 days. Any tips or suggestions? Dealer service manager already said on the phone "that may be just how the car drives "