So not happy

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So not happy

was Excited to finally upgrade from the Honda’s I’ve had my whole life and I’m disappointed in my 2019 Acura RDX. It only has 3000 miles on it and i wish they would just recall it. I commented on another thread: had brake squeaking issues took two trips to the dealer to finally fix and i still get a squeak here and there. Fine if it was a Hyundai but it’s a 40k plus car. Never had any problem with my Honda’s. Also today for the first time the tailgate opened by itself as i was exciting the vehicle. Hadn’t even used it all day. Third issue, driving along the highway minding my business no one aroundand all a sudden the brake warning on the screen came on. That happened twice. Granted idk if i cleaned the dash and maybe wiped the sensor or something? Fourth issue is the infotainment not sure if it’s the siris xm but sometimes it just says it’s unavailable like if I’m trying to change the channel from what it’s on. Actually i was able to switch from xm to the fm radio and same thing i couldn’t change the channel. If Honda had a moon roof and maybe a little more power in their crvs i would have already been at the dealer trading in my rdx. Not happy with the “upgrade” from my Honda’s if i could i would go back to my ten year old crv and just pay a few grand for a good tune up.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Bummer, you can always sell it.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Have you been back to your dealer to review your concerns or opened a ticket up directly with Acura? I agree with @thoiboi ...if you are that unhappy then sell it and move on. We already have enough threads on this forum related to the same issues you wrote about above. Why does everyone feel compelled that, when they have an issue, they create a new thread versus contributing to existing threads that talk about the exact same thing??? Sorry...off my soap box now. The SEARCH function and perusing this forum first is your friend.
The following 4 users liked this post by securityguy:
DHood (12-28-2018), Granz007 (12-28-2018), GW208 (12-28-2018), MarineOne (12-28-2018)
Old 01-01-2019, 10:48 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy New Year to all. with all due respect this is a classic combination of inexperience and just being plain negative. In my humble opinion.

Squeaky brakes were fixed albeit two trips and BTW, brake issues are as common as freckles
Sat radio's have issues since it is a satellite orbiting the earth about 3k miles away
brake warning you said you may have hit on your own
rear lift gate opening up is serious and should be checked out

be well,
tkh
Old 01-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
@Granz007, I was very pleased with the nine Hondas I previously owned and decided to move upscale a bit by purchasing my first Acura. Unfortunately, my 2019 RDX had so many problems that I was willing to dump it at a $5,000 loss after 3.5 months and went back to a Honda Ridgeline. I really wanted and tried to love the RDX, but it just didn't happen. The RDX is a great vehicle on paper. Hopefully, Acura will get the issues resolved before it's too late. As the brand's best-selling model by far, their reputation and potential existence relies on its success.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by zroger73
@Granz007, I was very pleased with the nine Hondas I previously owned and decided to move upscale a bit by purchasing my first Acura. Unfortunately, my 2019 RDX had so many problems that I was willing to dump it at a $5,000 loss after 3.5 months and went back to a Honda Ridgeline. I really wanted and tried to love the RDX, but it just didn't happen. The RDX is a great vehicle on paper. Hopefully, Acura will get the issues resolved before it's too late. As the brand's best-selling model by far, their reputation and potential existence relies on its success.
I'm sorry you were so unhappy that you took a loss. Unfortunately, I'm considering the same move. While the car has several positive qualities, the infotainment system is so full of bugs, I don't think they will ever get a handle on it. If they cannot satisfactorily fix the radio, I fear the value of our cars will decline when the word gets out.

The recent software fix, repaired 1 of my problems, but created other issues. For instance, if my iPhone is paired, I can no longer use SIRI even simply picking up the phone without going through the radio. The dealership just scratches their heads. They cannot fix it. Moreover, while I like my local dealer, and they try very hard to help, Honda America is a dreadful organization. Client Relations is worthless, usually offering incorrect information and having absolutely no answers. I'll provide an example. When the update was due, I asked if I could get a copy of the list of fixes just like any software update for computers, etc. I was told that I was asking for proprietary information and was not releasable. Therefore, if I decide to "dump" mine, I will not replace it with a Honda America vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
Cazman (01-09-2019)