Samsung S9+, 2020 RDX, Bluetooth audio playing but no sound?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019 | 08:50 PM
10th Gear

Samsung S9+, 2020 RDX, Bluetooth audio playing but no sound?

Hi, all.

Owner of a new 2020 RDX. I have successfully paired my Samsung S9+ to it and have had no issues at all with Bluetooth calls; however, when I go to the "Bluetooth Audio" function in the system and then (from my phone) try to play something (anything) from it, what I get is an indication on the Acura screen that the song is playing (i.e. I can see the correct song listing and see the progress of it), but there is no sound. I can turn all volumes up (both in the car and on the phone), and still no change.

I have done / verified all of the following with no change:

- Unpaired / re-paired the devices
- Ensured that the only Bluetooth device paired with the phone at the time was the car
- Verified that I do get sound when I instead try to play to a Bluetooth headset. Works fine going to any of 3-4 different devices.
- Rebooted the phone a few times
- Restarted the car (duh)
- Tried different file formats; MP3, WMA, etc.
- Tried playing both my own local files off of the phone and streaming from Spotify

Any thoughts on more stuff I can try? It feels like a problem with the infotainment system since I can play to my Bluetooth headsets with no problem, but I'll entertain other thoughts too.

Thank you,

Mark
Old 07-29-2019 | 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Don't have an S9+ but have you tried clicking on the paired device on your Bluetooth settings on your phone and making sure "Media Audio" is checked. Could also check on the RDX bluetooth settings that media is allowed on your phone:

Additionally, if you go to the Developer options on the phone, you can try changing the AVCRP version to see if that would help. You would have to pair/unpair each time you change the AVCRP version:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...vrcp-selector/
Old 07-29-2019 | 12:06 PM
Advanced

I have a Galaxy S9 and never have had any issues with bluetooth music streaming, make sure your bluetooth setting is seleted for both calls and audio.
Old 07-29-2019 | 03:51 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Phil Onyschuk
I have a Galaxy S9 and never have had any issues with bluetooth music streaming, make sure your bluetooth setting is seleted for both calls and audio.
Yeah, it is. I left that part out.

This worked just fine for me in my 2009 F150. Not sure what could be going wrong in this case. Odd.

Mark
The following users liked this post:
RDX-Rick (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019 | 05:51 PM
Instructor

S9 as well and no problems streaming spotify over bluetooth. Try different phones and different audio sources and narrow it down from there.
Old 07-29-2019 | 07:20 PM
10th Gear

Well, I must say....I don't understand this at all. Very odd.

This evening I paired a friend's iPhone with my car just to test it out.

Worked fine. Immediately.

So...definitely a problem with my S9+, eh?

Unpaired the iPhone. Set my S9+ back as the connected phone,

and that worked fine too. Immediately.

I made no changes in how my phone was set up or in how the two were paired, but suddenly now it works fine.

Guess I'll just see how it goes from here, but I'm guessing it'll continue to be okay. I have no clue why temporarily pairing with my friend's iPhone would have made a difference though.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Mark
The following users liked this post:
Padre Dave (08-05-2019)
Old 01-07-2020 | 01:54 PM
1st Gear

SOLVED YAY. Spent ages trying to work out why my audible book wouldn't play on the car (SYNC ON FORD) bluetooth system and checked loads of online posts. Audible was running on phone with no sound as it clearly thought the sound was going through the sound system on the car but it wasn't. After all that time wasted found that I just had to press the aux button on the car sound system until it found audible, it took seconds to sort once I knew where to look and that I had to press it until it found the source I wanted to play.Couldn't work it out as the phone (Samsung Galaxy s9+) was already connected via bluetooth and thought it would play automatically and it didn't occur to me to press the aux button, and even then, more than once until it found the right source. That's 3 hours I won't get back lol