How to make my RDX NOT look for an Apple phone!

Old 07-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
How to make my RDX NOT look for an Apple phone!

I have been looking but can't find an answer to this: Every time I get into my 2019 RDX now voice commands won't work. This started after the car was maybe two months old. I have now figured out it rejects the commands because my phone is "not ios compatable". NSS! I have an Android phone! The fix is to go into the system menu and turn off Apple car play or whatever Apple thing is in there. I have never and will never use Apple phones or computers so I really want to stop this thing from trying to connect to one. It seemed find the first month or two but then defaulted to this craziness. I have gone into the system on the car and disabled Apple connection but it seems to come right back the next time I start the car.
I know you Apple fans would never notice this but remember, the majority of phones are NOT Apple! I think Apple must pay off someone at the car companies to make this BS happen! :-)

Anyone seen this or know a way to stop Apple from high jacking my system?
Old 07-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Long press on the talk button is for siri, short press for the RDX system. Try shortening the length of your press.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
Long press on the talk button is for siri, short press for the RDX system. Try shortening the length of your press.
Thanks for the tip. This could be it...I started holding the button down too long. On my CR-V that wasn't an issue...guess I was just too use to the "old car". :-)

Search this Thread