genre selection not working?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 AM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
genre selection not working?

Got a new '19 RDX Advanced and love it.

I've loaded up a big USB full of FLACs, and they play well when selecting folders, artists, albums. However, when I try to play by genre, I get a "no genres found." I've been meticulous getting all of the FLAC metadata set, so I don't think it's an issue with the FLAC files themselves.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I have not noticed there was a genre selection from the music library selection criteria. But I too have a large number of files and decided to reduce the number of folders on the USB drive by genre instead of by usual "Artist - Album". This was to reduce the initial indexing time it takes when swapping out USB drives of which I currently have three. The file names are by "Artist - Album - Disc# - Track# - Track/Song name" for the FLAC files, but they are put in genre folder based on the genre metadata.

Now I can just select the Folder from the music library main menu or select "Play All" on that folder to play the songs for that genre, i.e Blues, Jazz, Rock, etc.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Eiffel - I'm doing something similar. Although I store them in a flat structure in the root directory, I've made playlists for both genres and decades.

I love that I can hit the voice button and say "play playlist rock" or "play playlist nineties" and hear music within seconds.
The following users liked this post:
DHood (10-24-2018)