CarPlay Audio Cutting in/out

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024 | 12:21 PM
Advanced

CarPlay Audio Cutting in/out

The past couple of months I've been experiencing random audio cut outs that occur for half a second. The audio basically goes silent during this. Sometimes it will happen once and then the rest of the drive it's fine. Other times it will happen every other minute. It's not limited to just any app. I typically use Spotify for music, but I've tried YouTube Music, Apple Music, and playing YouTube videos. It happens with any of these sources. I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue since it started and I've made zero progress. My phone is an iPhone 15 Pro.

What I've tried:
- Changing the USB-C to USB-A Cable. I purchased probably a half a dozen cables of varying quality and all produce the same result.
- Turning Wifi/BT off/on while connected and/or prior to connecting
- Completely Resetting my iPhone
- Completely Resetting the Acura Infotainment computer
- Ensuring I have good cell coverage by performing speed

At this point I'm almost ready to move back to Android as I've experienced less issues with Android Auto. My 2020 A-Spec is out warranty at this point, but I wonder if I can have Acura replace my system by referencing one of the TSB's.

Anyone else have this issue and does anyone know if Acura would do anything with an out of warranty vehicle?

Thanks!

Last edited by lunat1c; 06-06-2024 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2024 | 08:46 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by lunat1c
The past couple of months I've been experiencing random audio cut outs that occur for half a second. The audio basically goes silent during this. Sometimes it will happen once and then the rest of the drive it's fine. Other times it will happen every other minute. It's not limited to just any app. I typically use Spotify for music, but I've tried YouTube Music, Apple Music, and playing YouTube videos. It happens with any of these sources. I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue since it started and I've made zero progress. My phone is an iPhone 15 Pro.

What I've tried:
- Changing the USB-C to USB-A Cable. I purchased probably a half a dozen cables of varying quality and all produce the same result.
- Turning Wifi/BT off/on while connected and/or prior to connecting
- Completely Resetting my iPhone
- Completely Resetting the Acura Infotainment computer
- Ensuring I have good cell coverage by performing speed

At this point I'm almost ready to move back to Android as I've experienced less issues with Android Auto. My 2020 A-Spec is out warranty at this point, but I wonder if I can have Acura replace my system by referencing one of the TSB's.

Anyone else have this issue and does anyone know if Acura would do anything with an out of warranty vehicle?

Thanks!
try this:
when starting the car, wait for the starburst to go away before starting the engine.
I think its all about how the software comes up initially.