Trip Odometer Reset

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020 | 05:08 PM
Racer

Trip Odometer Reset

OK, dumb question. How long does one push the wheel on the right side of the steering wheel before the trip odometer resets? Push and release? One second? Five seconds? Press hard, press lightly? I eventually get it done but I'm frustrated at that point and forget the next time. This is not covered in the manual.

There are so many weird things in our 2020 Advance that I'm not totally comfortable with it yet. Love the HUD but having trouble with foot to gas to brake leg/foot movement. Forget the nav system, the CarPlay lady is much nicer, not to mention better and up-to-date maps. And we're still trying to figure out where that barely-audible underbody rattle/clunk is coming from. When we go to open the garage in the morning there's a strong chemical order probably coming from the car - we keep our chemicals in one area of the garage and they're all tightly-capped. (We have had Acuras since the second gen Legend, with a '13 and '17 RDX in our immediate past.)

Yeah, I know, complain complain. But it sure looks mighty fine in that red color!
Old 02-25-2020 | 07:05 PM
Drifting

Old 02-25-2020 | 07:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CanTex
OK, dumb question. How long does one push the wheel on the right side of the steering wheel before the trip odometer resets? Push and release? One second? Five seconds? Press hard, press lightly? I eventually get it done but I'm frustrated at that point and forget the next time. This is not covered in the manual.

There are so many weird things in our 2020 Advance that I'm not totally comfortable with it yet. Love the HUD but having trouble with foot to gas to brake leg/foot movement. Forget the nav system, the CarPlay lady is much nicer, not to mention better and up-to-date maps. And we're still trying to figure out where that barely-audible underbody rattle/clunk is coming from. When we go to open the garage in the morning there's a strong chemical order probably coming from the car - we keep our chemicals in one area of the garage and they're all tightly-capped. (We have had Acuras since the second gen Legend, with a '13 and '17 RDX in our immediate past.)

Yeah, I know, complain complain. But it sure looks mighty fine in that red color!
I would have to agree the Performance Pearl Red is kick ass!! Especially when cleaned up!!!! Glad I got my Tech/A-Spec in that color!!
The following users liked this post:
CanTex (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020 | 08:55 AM
Racer

Our choice was the Advance Blue (darker than the electric A-Spec blue) with SH-AWD or red in FWD. We drove the blue and I really liked it but my wife thought the gray interior was depressing, so Red over Parchment it is. It had to be an Advance because of the extra nanny features (I’m a long-retired “boy racer” and now need all the driving aids I can get) and the now-indispensable HUD.

We have had three black SUVs - one RX350 and two RDXs. That’s enough black.

Re: clean: I had it washed the other day at my favorite car wash and had forgotten to turn off the wipers so they were on Auto. Boy, those wipers really fly and throw a lot of water!

Back to the original question: How long to push the wheel on the right side of the wheel to zero out the trip odometer? Anybody?
Old 02-26-2020 | 09:37 AM
Advanced

If you are resetting the trip odometer each time you fill up the gas tank, there is a setting where it will reset automatically every time you get gas.
Old 02-26-2020 | 10:54 AM
Advanced

I always leave the trip odometer showing. I push the button once for one second once to select the trip odomter and then a second time for two to three seconds to reset the trip odometer.
CanTex (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020 | 11:13 AM
Skeptic

I never had any issue with resetting the odometers. Just press and hold. But the way the display works, it's not always clear which one is current. The little arrow is confusing. Is it pointing to the current trip or is it directing me to tilt the wheel in that direction to select the other trip?

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 02-26-2020 at 11:18 AM.
CanTex (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020 | 11:30 AM
Racer

Thanks everyone! Yes the auto setup is probably the most reliable way to go. I'm an old-school miles divided by gallons guy so I'd have to record the miles traveled on A before fill-up. (Like my last two RDXs, the indicated miles per gallon is optimistic, reporting better mileage than actual. My old '15 TXL mph numbers were pessimistic, which to me is preferred.)
Old 02-26-2020 | 05:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I never had any issue with resetting the odometers. Just press and hold. But the way the display works, it's not always clear which one is current. The little arrow is confusing. Is it pointing to the current trip or is it directing me to tilt the wheel in that direction to select the other trip?
The little arrow is showing you which one is in use A or B.
Old 02-28-2020 | 05:32 PM
Drifting

Thanks everyone! Yes the auto setup is probably the most reliable way to go. I'm an old-school miles divided by gallons guy so I'd have to record the miles traveled on A before fill-up. (Like my last two RDXs, the indicated miles per gallon is optimistic, reporting better mileage than actual. My old '15 TXL mph numbers were pessimistic, which to me is preferred.)

Math has been the downfall of many a person. I try to avoid it in everyday life.
Old 02-28-2020 | 11:45 PM
Drifting

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
Old 02-29-2020 | 05:32 AM
Drifting

2b .or. .not. 2b= ?
Old 03-01-2020 | 09:55 AM
Skeptic