Name 3 things you want changed on the Screen displays

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Name 3 things you want changed on the Screen displays

1 - Make the Infotainment screen remember your settings and use them next time you start the car. For example, I like having the CLOCK on the small screen and I have to change it every time

2 - I like having 'Minimal' as my default setting and have to change it each time I drive, would also like a digital MPH displayed in Minimal mode

3 - Display the "Wrench" one the maintenance minder is activated and one you dismiss it stop showing it every time you start the car, just show the wrench

Lets not even go into the transmission shift points and lag here.

Curious what everyone else thinks
Old 11-18-2019, 09:00 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1. Digital Speed readout
2. Get rid of dual screen when in CarPlay mode-use one big screen as others do.
3.Hire a new team and re-do graphics in general. My only comparison is against my neighbors new AMG---MB did a great job. Acura's....very drab...blue...gray...white...there's your palette.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
3.Hire a new team and re-do graphics in general. My only comparison is against my neighbors new AMG---MB did a great job. Acura's....very drab...blue...gray...white...there's your palette.
Yeah, I would prefer a higher contrast color scheme, especially on the nav map. It's too subdued. Future updates should include different color schemes. Like skins.

And I don't like it switching from day to night mode spontaneously based on the ambient light. Garmin GPSs go by the local Sundown / Sunup time. If I just go under an overpass, it switches to night mode, and then back. It's annoying.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Navigation in the instrument LCD has tiny fonts. It's hard to read how far ahead the next turn is with just a glance.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Yeah, I would prefer a higher contrast color scheme, especially on the nav map. It's too subdued. Future updates should include different color schemes. Like skins.

And I don't like it switching from day to night mode spontaneously based on the ambient light. Garmin GPSs go by the local Sundown / Sunup time. If I just go under an overpass, it switches to night mode, and then back. It's annoying.

LOL i been noticing the same thing when i go under a overpass... it really is annoying !
Old 11-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
  1. Full screen camera display - reverse and 360 degree
  2. Full screen ACP/AA
Old 11-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
1 - Make the Infotainment screen remember your settings and use them next time you start the car.

2 - I like having 'Minimal' as my default setting, but I HATE seeing the word “Minimal” on that screen. Just make it blank.

3 - Let me turn off the cargo area light when the hatch is open. It should have a switch, like it says in the manual that determines whether or not the light comes on when the hatch is opened.

4 - Let me put a shortcut on the home screen to turn off the infotainment screen instead of having to press home/settings/display/turn off display.

Heck, let me put a shortcut on the home screen to do whatever the heck I want.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
Not being able to display the clock all the time if I want to is my last remaining daily irritation. I've learned to accept we can't do anything about the Auto Idle Stop.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
If Acura is watching this, few things that I'd like.
  • what everyone says.
  • the tone of the back button should not sound like it's an error -- very annoying. how about a nicer tone?
  • the Infotainment should retain the screen positions (both screens) without resetting every time the car is turned on.
  • Android Auto is already on the main screen, what's that huge AA logo doing on the small screen? Get rid of it.
The following users liked this post:
Midnight Mystery (11-19-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
  • Digital speedometer (This already has enough votes that Acura should get us this by Dec 2019).
  • Ability to have 1 item use the entire infotainment screen (I.e. all maps if I want that)
Old 11-19-2019, 01:59 AM
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 83 Posts
The instrument panel display needs to stay on the navigation compass. It resets to the gas mileage when I start the car.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:07 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludepower
The instrument panel display needs to stay on the navigation compass. It resets to the gas mileage when I start the car.
Really? Like, who cares about that? Would amnoy the crap out of me.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:03 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Cuzz
1 - Make the Infotainment screen remember your settings and use them next time you start the car.

2 - I like having 'Minimal' as my default setting, but I HATE seeing the word “Minimal” on that screen. Just make it blank.

3 - Let me turn off the cargo area light when the hatch is open. It should have a switch, like it says in the manual that determines whether or not the light comes on when the hatch is opened.

4 - Let me put a shortcut on the home screen to turn off the infotainment screen instead of having to press home/settings/display/turn off display.

Heck, let me put a shortcut on the home screen to do whatever the heck I want.

Agree about turning off the Infotainment screen, maybe a timeout after xx seconds - its annoying driving long distances at night
Old 11-19-2019, 06:50 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Really? Like, who cares about that? Would amnoy the crap out of me.
Yeah, of all the screens to scroll through, that is the most useless, except maybe "Minimal" which is quite literally completely useless. I use the SH-AWD and trip computer the most. I have the HUD, so I don't need a digital speedometer but for those who don't have the HUD, a screen that mirrors it would make sense.

Maybe if the car was amphibious, and I was navigating by dead-reckoning, the compass would make sense. But it only has resolution to 8 points.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 11-19-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:12 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,186 Posts
I would like to see the next gen Acuras have the option for a digital dash. Then you can move Acura/Carplay navi functions into the dash area and have full screen into-tainment on the center stack screen. A lot of folks complained about the dual screen set-up of the previous models; but, dual screens displayed a lot of info at a glance and/or one button push. The trend seems to be moving towards dual screens with the digital dash being the second or tablet size center stack touch screens.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
1. More widgets on the screen between speedo and tach. The RDX feels really sparse. Also poor use of color. On some views everything is stark black and white, and nothing stands out. For how large the screen is, it never feels like it because it was utilized poorly. And it should stay on the screen you selected. Some suggested widgets:
  • Digital Speedometer
  • Fuel economy history graph over time
  • Current gear of transmission
  • When on compass/navigation, why not always display the road you are on
  • Elapsed time since start / reset
  • Detailed fuel gauge/economy/trip
2. Allow users to create a combo display - many cars do this - for each area of the screen you can select widgets to combine info into a readout that makes sense. If you want to see how this looks on another car, look at manual for Chrysler 300 http://www.fcacanada.ca/owners/en/ma...300-OM-1st.pdf around page 124
3. Ability to change wallpaper on infotainment screen. Many infotainment systems let you do this, allows for personalization and the current wallpaper is boring.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts
I'm glad to not be encountering as many errors as I used to, but there's still so much to improve....

Infotainment:
  • Easier/quicker way to turn off the display
  • More freedom in creating shortcuts. Let me toggle certain settings from the home screen.
  • Utilize the full screen for CarPlay, back-up camera, etc.
  • Retain last used screen display
  • Better tolerance to day/night mode (to avoid toggling when passing under bridges)
  • Changeable color schemes
  • More customization in general. Lighting, sounds, overall experience.

Instrument Panel Display:
  • Remove the word minimal from the minimal page
  • Digital speedometer
  • Show current road on compass/nav pages
  • Retain last used page
Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Be the Best Be Great

Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
  • Digital speedometer (This already has enough votes that Acura should get us this by Dec 2019).
  • Ability to have 1 item use the entire infotainment screen (I.e. all maps if I want that)
Unfortunately, a digital ead-out is only available with the HUD feature available on the Advanced and MAYBE the Tech model..
Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Be the Best Be Great

Originally Posted by B25Nut
Not being able to display the clock all the time if I want to is my last remaining daily irritation. I've learned to accept we can't do anything about the Auto Idle Stop.
Regarding the Auto Idle Stop, I have found that it is almost a reflex action for me to hit the Auto Idle Stop button right after pressing the Engine Start button. I would otherwise, like you, have that reversed for the Idle button, that is, to turn it ON when desired (while is is otherwise always in the off position).
Cuzz (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acure4RDX
Unfortunately, a digital ead-out is only available with the HUD feature available on the Advanced and MAYBE the Tech model..
I'm genuinely curious why that is. All cars today have digital speedometer readings regardless of whether the actual gauge is analog or digital. You can use ODB reader to pull the current speed from cars. What would the HUD feature have to do with whether the dashboard could display the digital speed?
Old 11-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Be the Best Be Great

Originally Posted by Ender519
I'm genuinely curious why that is. All cars today have digital speedometer readings regardless of whether the actual gauge is analog or digital. You can use ODB reader to pull the current speed from cars. What would the HUD feature have to do with whether the dashboard could display the digital speed?

Not much.. As I said "unfortunately". I would not have bought an RDX id it did not have a digital speed display. Fortunately, for Acura, my test drive car had the HUD. I had other personal 'requirements as well such as non black/dark gray seating in the exterior color of my liking, an overhead eyeglass storage.
JB in AZ (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Acure4RDX
...I had other personal 'requirements as well such as non black/dark gray seating in the exterior color of my liking, an overhead eyeglass storage.
I share these "requirements" LOL
Old 11-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Gotcha. I thought you meant it couldn't be done on the dash without HUD. I have the HUD, so I find I don't look down at the dash much but I totally see the point. It's kind of stupid to have a speedometer poorly marked and going to 160mph when the car is limited to 112mph. They could have had it end at 120mph, and have it marked off far better and it would be less of an issue I think.

Looking back, the only place where I felt like I really was "cheated" was the ambient lighting - or lack thereof. The door handles are ok, as are the bits of light for rear passengers. But for front passengers under the dash it is so ludicrously dim that they may as well have not done it at all, and there is no light to speak of for the cupholders. I ended up putting in an aftermarket ambient lighting system under the dash and under front seats to light up rear passage as well, and it feels a LOT better now. Next I might do something to light up the storage area under the floating dash and the cupholders, though that will probably have to be professionally done.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Since you brought it up,

· Town, city and street lettering that contrasts to the background color. Who thought white on gray was a good idea?

· Digital speedometer between the analog gauges in place of “Minimal.”

· Real time traffic feature that starts working before 5 minutes of driving, continues to work instead of going in an out and is reasonably accurate similar google and apple maps.

· Ambient temp shown on the infotainment screen rather than bottom of gauges.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Drifting

Received 1,025 Likes on 715 Posts
I could turn off the screen display with the click of a steering wheel button on the car I bought in 2007. Can’t turn off this display at all.
fogdoctor (02-13-2020)
Old 12-20-2019, 10:29 AM
A-Spec Rocky

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
1. that little turbo graph that pops up in sport+ mode with no PSI numbers. I mean how useless is that thing? boost numbers please.
2. that little G meter graph that pops up in sport+ mode with no numbers. again, wtf is acura thinking? G numbers please.
3. my 2015 chevy Malibu used to tell me the weather, local movie times, and MPG history in apps from an app store type deal. wtf is acura phoning it in on this new infotainment screen? I shouldn't have to say this but strive to be better than chevy.
4. is the person who designed this UI color blind? please pops of color. please.
fogdoctor (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I could turn off the screen display with the click of a steering wheel button on the car I bought in 2007. Can’t turn off this display at all.
You can turn of the display but you have to go in settings every time and it requires three clicks. It's annoying and it does not remember it.
Madd Dog (02-13-2020)