MOST Net Off - Network Communication Lost

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 12:43 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOST Net Off - Network Communication Lost

My 2019 RDX Platinum Elite's audio used to randomly have static sound and die off, so took it into the dealership for the MOST bus TSB. Since then, every day on the commute home, the audio system would crackle and the entire infotainment system would completely die off with a message saying "network communication lost. MOST net off" on the screen.

The first day this happened, the system would automatically try to reboot on its own, but I've noticed this rebooting has been happening less and less frequently (there was no automatic attempt today). Turning off and immediately restarting the car doesn't solve the issue, but infotainment comes back the next morning.

Taking it back to the dealership next week, but has anyone else had a similar situation and how was it eventually fixed?
Old 05-20-2021, 06:30 AM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by VanCARDX
My 2019 RDX Platinum Elite's audio used to randomly have static sound and die off, so took it into the dealership for the MOST bus TSB. Since then, every day on the commute home, the audio system would crackle and the entire infotainment system would completely die off with a message saying "network communication lost. MOST net off" on the screen.

The first day this happened, the system would automatically try to reboot on its own, but I've noticed this rebooting has been happening less and less frequently (there was no automatic attempt today). Turning off and immediately restarting the car doesn't solve the issue, but infotainment comes back the next morning.

Taking it back to the dealership next week, but has anyone else had a similar situation and how was it eventually fixed?
Had my 2019 Aspec done a week ago and have been having weird shit similar to yours after the MOST Bus fix was done. Pisses me off. Its worse now than ever. I give up, 3 Years of this is enough for me. My next car when my lease is up in September is NOT going to be a Acura, I am done.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:13 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
I've never had problems with system functionality, only crackling and audio dropouts. I had the TSB done and it got better but not all better. I'll have to have it done again.

It's simply a mechanical issue with the connectors. It happens mostly when I go over bumps or rough roads. The fact that they have extended the warranty implies that they may still be trying to come up with a better solution and a revised TSB.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:41 PM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I've never had problems with system functionality, only crackling and audio dropouts. I had the TSB done and it got better but not all better. I'll have to have it done again.

It's simply a mechanical issue with the connectors. It happens mostly when I go over bumps or rough roads. The fact that they have extended the warranty implies that they may still be trying to come up with a better solution and a revised TSB.
It’s way more than just the connectors. A permanent and the right solution would cost them too much money. Unfortunately it’s always about the money.
The following users liked this post:
JHaag08 (Today)
Old 05-20-2021, 07:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,440 Likes on 1,887 Posts
Originally Posted by tecwerks
It’s way more than just the connectors. A permanent and the right solution would cost them too much money. Unfortunately it’s always about the money.
At this point they might as well just splice the wires together rather than muck around with new connectors.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:10 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
At this point they might as well just splice the wires together rather than muck around with new connectors.
it's a fiber optics bus, not wires.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tecwerks
Had my 2019 Aspec done a week ago and have been having weird shit similar to yours after the MOST Bus fix was done. Pisses me off. Its worse now than ever. I give up, 3 Years of this is enough for me. My next car when my lease is up in September is NOT going to be a Acura, I am done.
This is the exact reason I am not bringing it in. I had experienced all three issues out of four noted in the letter. My fix is to pull the 10A blue fuse. Let it unplugged for 10-20 minutes and then plug it back in. Everything seems to work fine after. No need to pull the battery. I don’t trust the technician at the dealer not screwing or breaking those clips once they start tearing things apart. Lesson learned…Only got 13k miles in my ‘19 RDX so I’ll sit and wait for a real fix(hopefully). I am keeping the RDX forever!!
Old 02-05-2024, 08:36 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VanCARDX
Just curious if you ever got resolution to this or anyone else has suggestions? I was holding off on getting the MOST connector issue fixed because I remember reading threads like this back when first announced that the problem was never really fixed but my audio was getting worse and worse and since they added a KM restriction on the extension of warranty (after the fact, at least here in Canada) I got it done like 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I had the MOST net off and again today. It has been crackling and acting up since the day after I got the repair done.
I will contact the dealer again but it would be great to have some more background info.
Does anyone know if the connector is visible at all? It feels like they didn't tie it down because now I can hear noises from under the dash too of something moving around which I didn't hear before (but then again my radio worked better before so maybe I just didn't notice it).

Old 02-05-2024, 10:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Prior to applying TSB fix to replace finra connectors I used to get MOST comm lost, after TSB was applied, I never saw this error again.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:01 AM
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
FWIW...I saw this for the first time last week when we returned from a two week vacation while the car sat in the garage. When I started it, it seemed to crank slower, like the battery was a bit low after sitting. Anyway, I put the battery charger on it and haven't seen the problem since. Seems weird that a low battery would cause it, but there it is. As always, YMMV...
Old 02-05-2024, 12:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by markAZ
FWIW...I saw this for the first time last week when we returned from a two week vacation while the car sat in the garage. When I started it, it seemed to crank slower, like the battery was a bit low after sitting. Anyway, I put the battery charger on it and haven't seen the problem since. Seems weird that a low battery would cause it, but there it is. As always, YMMV...
Thanks for responding, I just changed my battery before they did the MOST repair so I don't think it is that but I will reach out to the dealer and see when they can look at it again.
Old Today, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having the similar issue myself. After taking to dealership and having them fix the FAKRA connectors, it was WORSE than ever. I took it back and they are now saying that the instrument wire harness needs to be replaced, and quoted me $3800, since the warranty for this repair expired a couple of months ago.