Infotainment System Litigation, 2019, 2020 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 706 Likes on 548 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordster
I haven't had trouble with reverse (I don't think, I will watch for that) but I can confirm that when CarPlay doesn't work, my USB stick of music doesn't show up, either, so it is a USB port problem not specifically CarPlay.

hitting reverse when you backing out shortly after starting the car and before system fully boots is a culprit.
It is annoying, you are in the rush, and next thing you are on the highway and usb/carplay is disabled until next restart…
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (10-17-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 08:07 AM
Suzuka Master

My request to get 2yr AcuraLink in settlement got denied because they supposedly did not see 2 or more visits to the dealer for this issue.
This is BS, because I was there 3 times with infoteinment issues. Perhaps one time it was mentioned as secondary issue, or was part of MOST TSB, or they did not write it up.
I dont care and dont have time to appeal it. Who would waste their time appealing something just to get 2yrs
Of AcuraLink? L
its pathetic that they think 2 years of AcuraLink is so valuable, and they are finding excuses not to give it out.
waste of post stamp.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:51 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
That is more that BS.
Old 12-22-2021, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
hitting reverse when you backing out shortly after starting the car and before system fully boots is a culprit.
It is annoying, you are in the rush, and next thing you are on the highway and usb/carplay is disabled until next restart…
Have you tried toggling the ADB mode like I mentioned earlier? Yes, it sucks that we need to do the dance to get CarPlay/AA to reconnect, but better than doing a force reboot.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Have you tried toggling the ADB mode like I mentioned earlier? Yes, it sucks that we need to do the dance to get CarPlay/AA to reconnect, but better than doing a force reboot.
yeah, I tried several times, it did not seem to reconnect CarPlay. Ended up doing reboot, that always fixes it.

we need to make Acura aware of it, maybe they can fix it with software update?
The following users liked this post:
sonyfever (12-23-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:53 AM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
yeah, I tried several times, it did not seem to reconnect CarPlay. Ended up doing reboot, that always fixes it.

we need to make Acura aware of it, maybe they can fix it with software update?
Software update?...again LOL. Newer hardware like in the 2022 should fix it since I have not heard any complaints from 2022 RDX or MDX owners as of today.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tecwerks
Software update?...again LOL. Newer hardware like in the 2022 should fix it since I have not heard any complaints from 2022 RDX or MDX owners as of today.

Maybe some of the issues are fixable with software update, but you are right, its been 3 years and not a lot of progress. Its possible they dont want to spend any more money fixing legacy software and instead will focus on their next gen. So much for customer support….

they wont even give 2 year AcuraLink for free without a fight…
Old 12-22-2021, 10:27 AM
Pro

Maybe some of the issues are fixable with software update, but you are right, its been 3 years and not a lot of progress. Its possible they dont want to spend any more money fixing legacy software and instead will focus on their next gen. So much for customer support….

they wont even give 2 year AcuraLink for free without a fight…
BTW, I gave up on CarPlay for music and phone calls. Use Bluetooth all the time now and it is trouble free…..and it’s wireless, win, win!
Old 12-22-2021, 11:25 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
My request to get 2yr AcuraLink in settlement got denied because they supposedly did not see 2 or more visits to the dealer for this issue.
This is BS, because I was there 3 times with infoteinment issues. Perhaps one time it was mentioned as secondary issue, or was part of MOST TSB, or they did not write it up.
I dont care and dont have time to appeal it. Who would waste their time appealing something just to get 2yrs
Of AcuraLink? L
its pathetic that they think 2 years of AcuraLink is so valuable, and they are finding excuses not to give it out.
waste of post stamp.
I got the same denial, even though my car was in the shop for a week and ended up getting a new head unit. I also can't be bothered to pursue it any further because it's just not worth it. I'm not even sure how I would.

They win.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I got the same denial, even though my car was in the shop for a week and ended up getting a new head unit. I also can't be bothered to pursue it any further because it's just not worth it. I'm not even sure how I would.

They win.
I came to dealer 3 times for it. One was TSB,
others they tried to fix it unsuccessfully before TSB. I suspect it was not documented properly to be eligible.
who in their right mind would waste their time appealing their decision to get service that is of $150 of value?
maybe they think they are giving out a lot “value” with a stinky subscription?
I would not pay $10 for it.
The following 3 users liked this post by russianDude:
markm929 (12-22-2021), NooYawkuh (12-22-2021), tecwerks (12-22-2021)
Old 01-04-2022, 09:40 PM
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts
I just did a search to find information on the class action settlement and came across the following info. I have added emphasis to a portion of one of the bulleted items. Hopefully that means the dealer can't just give you a "Can't reproduce the issue." for a reported infotainment issue.Court Grants Final Approval to 2019-2020 Acura RDX Infotainment System Defect Settlement

On December 6, 2021, Judge R. Gary Klausner of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California granted final approval to a nationwide class action settlement negotiated by Goldenberg Schneider and its co-counsel in Bahn v. America Honda Motor Co., Inc., C.D. Cal. 2:19-cv-05984-RGK (ASx). In the case, plaintiffs alleged that America Honda Motor Co., Inc. (“AHM”) knowingly sold its 2019-2020 Acura RDX vehicles with defective infotainment systems that behaved erratically, malfunctioned, and repeatedly froze, thereby distracting the driver and posing a safety hazard. Since the lawsuit was filed, AHM has issued recalls, Service Bulletins, and software updates intended to address the infotainment systems’ problems.

The Settlement:
  • requires an independent engineering expert to validate the efficacy of the countermeasures that AHM has developed;
  • facilitates the implementation of these countermeasures in the field;
  • provides a two-year/24,000 mile warranty extension covering these issues;
  • obligates AHM to work in good faith to continue to improve Infotainment System performance at least through the extended warranty period;
  • creates a Dealership Assistance and Assessment Program (the “DAAP”) that will direct AHM’s authorized dealerships to undergo additional training and to repair or address infotainment system problems described by the vehicle owner even when the problem does not manifest during the service visit;
  • creates the Infotainment System Online Resource to, among other things,
    • inform Settlement Class Members about the countermeasures now available and the symptoms they are designed to address and
    • permit Settlement Class Members to report directly to AHM any new Infotainment System symptoms or problems they may experience;
  • provides a mechanism to compensate qualifying Settlement Class Members for the inconvenience and hassle they may have experienced because of relevant Infotainment System problems, including two free years of AcuraLink Security Service (valued at $89 per year); and
  • provides a mechanism for qualifying Settlement Class Members to receive full reimbursement for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Further, the Proposed Settlement provides a mechanism for AHM to separately pay reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs and Plaintiff service awards so that these payments will not dilute any of the benefits available to the Class.

The settlement successfully resolved claims for the approximately 130,000 class members who purchased or leased 2019-2020 Acura RDX vehicles. Additional information about the settlement and instructions on how to submit a claim for benefits can be found at www.infotainmentsettlement.com.

Ron

Old 01-05-2022, 07:54 AM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
FWIW, my infotainment system has settled down. Partly because I treat it like a 8086 DOS machine and wait for it to fully boot before I do anything, and also due to the upgrades, I guess.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Lawyers won. My claim for 2yr of acura link was dennied due to “insufficient number of visits or TSB related work”
Old 01-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts
what does 2 years of acuralink do to mitigate the situation?..
Old 01-05-2022, 11:05 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by knakane
what does 2 years of acuralink do to mitigate the situation?..
Absolutely nothing - To remedy my pain regarding the infotainment issues I’m waiting for my 2022 RDX to arrive real soon (In Transit).
The following 2 users liked this post by tecwerks:
EFR (01-05-2022), Madd Dog (01-05-2022)