AcuraLink Send Destination to Car "No fix available"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018 | 01:49 PM
Cruisin'

AcuraLink Send Destination to Car "No fix available"

Just off the phone with Acura Canada, responding to a complaint that I called about on September 5 with respect to the AcuraLink Send Destination to Car not working.

Basically was told that they are aware of the problem as it has been reported by multiple owners, they are still investigating, and there is not ETA as to when it might be resolved.
Old 11-09-2018 | 01:44 PM
Intermediate

I have tried on multiple occasions to send destinations to the car through Acura Link. It never worked so I just waited until I got int the car and cranked it up, re-hit send and they worked just fine. Today, I sent 3 destinations to the RDX expecting to go through the same procedure. However, when I cranked up the RDX, the smaller info screen said it had 3 destinations waiting for approval to download. I was shocked. I clicked and all 3 appeared as downloaded in the Navigation info. With all this said, it may have been a one time occurrence or, maybe, Acura finally fixed the bug.
Old 11-09-2018 | 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

@fodder no there was no "fix" from Acura. Apparently, the car has to be on or running in order for destinations to be downloaded to it.
Old 11-09-2018 | 04:10 PM
Racer

Still doesn't work and if I am in the car, the first attempt after starting the vehicle always ends up with "Route Calculation Failed". In fact, every TIME I select a saved route it does this...
Old 11-09-2018 | 06:48 PM
Intermediate

I have tried to have a repeat but no luck. Either I left the car on overnight (I didn't), my phone delayed a long time in sending, or I left the phone on the send screen and I hit re-send without knowing it when I got in the RDX. It is still better for me to send using the Acura Link and then re-send when I am in the car than waiting to enter or find a location once I get in the car but I'm looking forward to the fix. In the meantime, I'm going to go eat some "crow" pie for desert.
Old 11-10-2018 | 09:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Meto
Still doesn't work and if I am in the car, the first attempt after starting the vehicle always ends up with "Route Calculation Failed". In fact, every TIME I select a saved route it does this...
I noticed this also. Before a recent road trip, I downloaded all my stops using the app, and every time I selected a downloaded destination, I got the same error the first time. Tried a second time, and it worked. I wasn't sure if I just was not waiting long enough for the system to boot up or if it's a bug.