2025 RDX 2nd Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 12:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by jmhumr
Cars aren't iPhones.
I'll go a step further. New isn't always better. I'm using an iPhone SE 2022 which is based off an iPhone 8. I have sensitivity to OLED screens and also prefer touch ID. I actually prefer cars from the 90's. If they had those with just a backup camera and CarPlay, I'd be all set. Additionally, and I'm not sure why that is, the seats of older cars were way more comfy than cars of today. Even Volvo (the benchmark in seat comfort) has managed to make their seats worse.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 246 Posts
Oh, my - just got this email with pricing on the new Acura EV. That's a hefty price increase above a Tesla Model Y Performance.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ This is why I am saying --
If you want an EV, get a Tesla. Not only is their battery tech and all other tech superior, they are practically giving their cars away. I am on the fence about EV, though, and I would much rather own a regular, non plug-in hybrid.

Nobody in their right mind buys a crazy heavy SUV in RWD. This means the price of entry is around $75K TTL. Not sure what Acura is thinking. It looks more like something they hope to not have to sell but can use to show they are not being left behind.

Last edited by anoop; 01-20-2024 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
markm929 (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
The ZDX is looking more and more like a mistake. That pricing is WAY too high, especially given the troubles with the platform.

I could see them extending the current RDX for a bit under one condition: they release a Type-S model. I love my '23 A-Spec Advance, but I'd jump at a '25 RDX Type-S with at least 330hp and a mild hybrid system.
Texasrdx21 (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by quikj
The ZDX is looking more and more like a mistake. That pricing is WAY too high, especially given the troubles with the platform.

I could see them extending the current RDX for a bit under one condition: they release a Type-S model. I love my '23 A-Spec Advance, but I'd jump at a '25 RDX Type-S with at least 330hp and a mild hybrid system.
Agree. Acura/honda can’t afford to loose billions like Ford and GM with their EV’s. A solid performance hybrid from Acura would be a hot seller - no different than the CRV Hybrid right now - their top seller.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Oh, my - just got this email with pricing on the new Acura EV. That's a hefty price increase above a Tesla Model Y Performance.
Every EV looks expensive compared to Tesla 3/Y. I would also argue ZDX is in a different segment than Y, and is a better match with X as they are closer in size and refinement. If you do not need any of that, or prefer latest tech, MMC Y is more than good enough.

ZDX has a pricey 100KW battery and a larger body. It has to be more expensive than Y.
The following 2 users liked this post by sonyfever:
anoop (01-20-2024), markm929 (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 06:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Or let me phrase it in another way, name an EV with the interior/cargo space of ZDX, is it much cheaper? X is more expensive, iX is not as spacious, the rest (R1S/Gravity/eTron) are all more expensive. EV9 appears to be a sweet choice but it is not cheap, either

I too wish ZDX was $10k cheaper, but where we stand today, it is impossible. Maybe it will happen when MY24 is on clearance?

Last edited by sonyfever; 01-20-2024 at 06:56 PM.
markm929 (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 09:10 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 153 Posts
I don't think an RDX typeS is coming in 2025 as Acura would have made a more excited tone in describing the changes.

Sounds like minor refresh, my guess is tech. Probably the digital dash of the TLX. Since they have given up on the TTI, I don't think they will remove it as it is too big a redesign in 25, but they might listen to reviews and put a reachable touch tablet in addition to the TTI.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:14 PM
mvl
Pro

ZDX is not going after the Tesla market. They are going after the sportier market and more traditional driver who doesn't want the weirdness of a Tesla. It is a normal-driving interface with physical buttons for key features. It has a real sport tuned air suspension so should feel fun to drive, reviewers say Tesla is fast in a straight line but boring with turns.
sonyfever (01-21-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 09:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mvl
ZDX is not going after the Tesla market. They are going after the sportier market and more traditional driver who doesn't want the weirdness of a Tesla. It is a normal-driving interface with physical buttons for key features. It has a real sport tuned air suspension so should feel fun to drive, reviewers say Tesla is fast in a straight line but boring with turns.
I drove a Model Y Performance a lot, super fun suv with breathtaking acceleration. If you haven’t driven one, the instant torque is addicting. No physical buttons takes a while to get use too, and going around corners is not the forte of most mid-size SUV’s. With its low center of gravity (heavy battery pack on the floor - it’s more stable in the corners than my RDX. Slightly heavy foot on it and you’ll get 280ish to a charge in good weather, a lot less is super cold temps.

On that note, I believe EV’s should be part of the equation - as they make sense in some markets (high density, warmer climates and robust charging infrastructure). Also, there are costs to driving them; higher registration, burn more tires, home charge+installation, rising supercharging costs and significantly higher depreciation to name a few. People don’t have range anxiety anymore, but charging anxiety (finding a charger that is open and working correctly). Add in a holiday road trip, and there a long lines at all the saucer charging and fast charging stations. Once that is fixed with better batteries, more reliable and proximate charging stations and lower costs - it will make sense for more people.

Acura is not a niche market player, they need VOLUME to keep the wheels going. Tesla sell in big volumes for a EV, I don’t see that happening for a $70+k EV. It’s going to be interesting to see how this all pans out in an election year, and if the EV subsidies go down or away - that could change demand/consideration too.

anoop (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 10:54 PM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
I am not a fan of either the ZDX or Tesla design. Teslas at least around my area, have become ubiquitous and haven't changed much in years as far as design. Cool tech but I find them fairly bland. Like a cubicle. The interior is literally a cubicle. Bland nothingness with a big monitor in the middle.....
The following 2 users liked this post by ross7777:
clevernamehere (01-23-2024), garylee55 (06-03-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 11:09 PM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
I just recently bought a 2023 Model X two months ago. I'm not really happy with it and would've much prefered a BMW iX over the Model X.

Yes it's insanely fast. However, it still feels like it's built cheaply. Sound system isn't as good as Acura ELS. Software is pretty nice, but there are several basic things lacking on the Model X.

I honestly think PHEV is the way to go nowadays. To me, the X5 50e hit the sweet spot. Most people don't have a crazy long commute, but for those who want to drive longer distances, ICE will be better because of convenience.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 01-20-2024 at 11:14 PM.
FlopMeister (02-18-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 11:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by mvl
This. The ZDX is a poor man's iX, EQS, Q8 E-Tron, Polestar 3, etc. It's more in line with a Model X than a Model Y from a size perspective.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ross7777
I am not a fan of either the ZDX or Tesla design. Teslas at least around my area, have become ubiquitous and haven't changed much in years as far as design. Cool tech but I find them fairly bland. Like a cubicle. The interior is literally a cubicle. Bland nothingness with a big monitor in the middle.....
Yes, they're ubiquitous but that doesn't bother me.

I don't like the styling of the old 3 or the Y and particularly dislike the way they did the door handles -- makes it very easy to pinch oneself badly but I guess if you own the car you'll learn to use it right. Also not a fan of the ultra minimalism with no speedometer above the steering. The new 3 looks a bit better but still suffers from the handle & minimalism issues.

The S and X look nice to me. I wish they didn't put gull wing doors on the X as that seems gimmicky. I'd go so far to say that I prefer the design of the X over even the RDX which I like a lot better than the ZDX and MDX.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I just recently bought a 2023 Model X two months ago. I'm not really happy with it and would've much prefered a BMW iX over the Model X.

Yes it's insanely fast. However, it still feels like it's built cheaply. Sound system isn't as good as Acura ELS. Software is pretty nice, but there are several basic things lacking on the Model X.
Speed doesn't excite me, but it's a bummer to hear that the sound system isn't as good as Acura's. I assume it's still better than what I have in the Tech which is pretty lousy.

Why didn't you go with the iX? I assume you cross shopped. I don't like BMW steerings (numb) and don't like the way they tend to nickel and dime you for everything.
Old 01-21-2024, 12:07 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by anoop
Speed doesn't excite me, but it's a bummer to hear that the sound system isn't as good as Acura's. I assume it's still better than what I have in the Tech which is pretty lousy.

Why didn't you go with the iX? I assume you cross shopped. I don't like BMW steerings (numb) and don't like the way they tend to nickel and dime you for everything.
I wanted to take advantage of the EV tax credit so I thought it was a good deal. I guess now the car I got doesn't qualify for the tax credit anymore since Tesla has made ultra red an extra $2500. I was lucky in that respect that I got it last year. However, I find the build quality pretty lacking.

I actually think Acura MDX is a better SUV in general. The buttons are easy to access, the ergonomics are way better, there's a front bumper camera, and the sound system is WAY better (the Model X sound system is terrible even compared to the Tech.) In fact, the RDX sound system is actually better than the MDX IMO. The interesting thing is that the RDX/MDX sounds actually quieter on the roads than the Model X while cruising, as Tesla has poor insulation against wind noise. The way Tesla designs their doors is that the windows are frameless, so air easily escapes and whistles through the rubber trim. Even my Jeep GC 4xe is quieter when the engine isn't running on EV mode than the Model X.

My Model X on pickup also had a trim piece peeling off on the highway on day of delivery when I as taking the Model X home. The Teslas have really terrible build quality. I'm never going to buy another Tesla again unless they step up their quality control. I have door misalignments and mild panel gaps nonexistent in my Acura vehicles in the past.

Either way, I'm stuck with the Model X. I'm looking to trade my Acura MDX this year to the 2025 MDX Type S, so I can experience that new touchscreen they're offering, as well as a mid refresh design. I'll probably trade in the Model X in about 3 years.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 01-21-2024 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2024, 12:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

I wanted to take advantage of the EV tax credit so I thought it was a good deal. I guess now the car I got doesn't qualify for the tax credit anymore since Tesla has made ultra red an extra $2500. I was lucky in that respect that I got it last year. However, I find the build quality pretty lacking.

I actually think Acura MDX is a better SUV in general. The buttons are easy to access, the ergonomics are way better, there's a front bumper camera, and the sound system is WAY better (the Model X sound system is terrible even compared to the Tech.) In fact, the RDX sound system is actually better than the MDX IMO. The interesting thing is that the RDX/MDX sounds actually quieter on the roads than the Model X while cruising, as Tesla has poor insulation against wind noise. The way Tesla designs their doors is that the windows are frameless, so air easily escapes and whistles through the rubber trim. Even my Jeep GC 4xe is quieter when the engine isn't running on EV mode than the Model X.

My Model X on pickup also had a trim piece peeling off on the highway on day of delivery when I as taking the Model X home. The Teslas have really terrible build quality. I'm never going to buy another Tesla again unless they step up their quality control. I have door misalignments and mild panel gaps nonexistent in my Acura vehicles in the past.

Either way, I'm stuck with the Model X. I'm looking to trade my Acura MDX this year to the 2025 MDX Type S, so I can experience that new touchscreen they're offering, as well as a mid refresh design. I'll probably trade in the Model X in about 3 years.
Sorry to hear about all the issues. Yeah MDX is a solid ride, but too big for me.

I test drove a Model Y before the last (minor) interior refresh. Really liked the way it drove and handled and the seat comfort. However, there were lots of things I didn't like about it like the harshness of the ride, the roof with no shade, some funny high pitched noises (which I was told by the sales person was probably a defect), couldn't adjust mirrors to where I like, etc., and so I decided to pass.

I too prefer physical controls which is part of the reason I bought another RDX instead of going NX (although there were several other things about the NX as well like RFT and price). Fortunately gas prices have dropped a lot, making the RDX a no brainer.
Old 01-21-2024, 07:23 AM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
People don’t have range anxiety anymore, but charging anxiety (finding a charger that is open and working correctly).
I don't think that's entirely true. Perhaps not in your neck of the woods but it is common in my area to be in temperate weather one day and then drop 30-40°F in less than 24 hrs! That could mean you had a range of 200 miles and then lost maybe 30-40 miles range the following day due to the temperature change (just an illustration)! An ICE fuel tank would be impacted as well but nowhere near as extreme as an EV due to temperature difference!

I think range anxiety will always come into play for an EV due to dependence on termps!

I had range anxiety in my TLX where I was filling the tank more often than once a week (nearly every other car I've owned average just about once a week or better). I'm nowhere close to owning an EV!
Old 01-21-2024, 09:14 AM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I don't think that's entirely true. Perhaps not in your neck of the woods but it is common in my area to be in temperate weather one day and then drop 30-40°F in less than 24 hrs! That could mean you had a range of 200 miles and then lost maybe 30-40 miles range the following day due to the temperature change (just an illustration)! An ICE fuel tank would be impacted as well but nowhere near as extreme as an EV due to temperature difference!

I think range anxiety will always come into play for an EV due to dependence on termps!

I had range anxiety in my TLX where I was filling the tank more often than once a week (nearly every other car I've owned average just about once a week or better). I'm nowhere close to owning an EV!
EV’s are actually pretty old Tech if one researches their origin. I’m holding out for new “suppressed” tech to make it ways to the auto industry. EV’s are NOT practical for a lot of drivers (range & charging infrastructure). Search on YouTube for “The Thorium Car”
ELIN (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Yikes Just buy the Lyriq, it is going to be cheaper. I don't know where Acura's head is at these days but they need to reverse course quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
ELIN (01-21-2024), Texasrdx21 (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yikes Just buy the Lyriq, it is going to be cheaper. I don't know where Acura's head is at these days but they need to reverse course quickly.
Let's compare apple to apple. Do you really want that base Lyriq sitting on the lot with not 8 but 7 speakers, no adaptive cruise, and no digital rearview mirror?
Old 01-21-2024, 01:28 PM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
Let's compare apple to apple. Do you really want that base Lyriq sitting on the lot with not 8 but 7 speakers, no adaptive cruise, and no digital rearview mirror?
1) 7 speakers - Most people don't care
2) no adaptive cruise control - I've never seen this on an A-Spec so unless you know better, I assume it's only in Type S
3) no digital rearview mirror - Why do we care (most of us have never had this)? Again, is this expected to be in the A-Spec?

So far, no compelling reasons to get the A-Spec ZDX over the base Lyriq. At least the Lyriq is the "devil we know", bugs and all (no telling how Acura's interpretation of Ultium is going to work out)!
Old 01-21-2024, 01:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

2) no adaptive cruise control - I've never seen this on an A-Spec so unless you know better, I assume it's only in Type S
3) no digital rearview mirror - Why do we care (most of us have never had this)? Again, is this expected to be in the A-Spec?

So far, no compelling reasons to get the A-Spec ZDX over the base Lyriq. At least the Lyriq is the "devil we know", bugs and all (no telling how Acura's interpretation of Ultium is going to work out)!
Agreed. As Acura has shown us countless times now, including with the latest TLX refresh, they have no issue with charging a premium while giving less items and ones that are damn near standard now on cars costing half as much. I am sure this ZDX will be a typical modern Acura product with head scratching omissions.
ELIN (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fiatlux
This. The ZDX is a poor man's iX, EQS, Q8 E-Tron, Polestar 3, etc. It's more in line with a Model X than a Model Y from a size perspective.
Isn't this what Acura has always been? Tweener size-wise plus value in content.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Good for you if you don't care about all those niceties! Get a CRV hybrid and call it a day.

The 19-speaker AKG is already not good, I cannot imagine how bad the 7-speaker one would be like. Type-S has super cruise, A-spec has adaptive cruise. Digital rearview mirror is nice because one can fill the trunk fully. It is something you think you don't need, but once you have it you don't look back (semi literally).

I think that A-spec is a hard sell compared to Lyriq in luxury trim. But again, base trim.... no, if you are in the market you would know few people want base trim Lyriq so GM need to add incentives to clear them. I think you will agree that at higher price point, people rather get what they want than saving a few thousand dollars.

Last edited by sonyfever; 01-21-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I honestly think PHEV is the way to go nowadays. To me, the X5 50e hit the sweet spot. Most people don't have a crazy long commute, but for those who want to drive longer distances, ICE will be better because of convenience.
Yeah, X5 50e is a balanced and nice choice, but again it is crossing $80k range so I wonder if other AZiners will complain about the price. I have been watching X5 50e, really like the MCI updates. But from what I read, 50e somehow cannot be optioned with adaptive dampers, which to me that is must-have on the current-gen X5.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Agreed. As Acura has shown us countless times now, including with the latest TLX refresh, they have no issue with charging a premium while giving less items and ones that are damn near standard now on cars costing half as much. I am sure this ZDX will be a typical modern Acura product with head scratching omissions.
Building car is a tough business to be in. I think what you said is not specific to Acura, but to the whole premium/luxury segment. Good thing is we have choices on ICE, and EV these days.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by anoop
Sorry to hear about all the issues. Yeah MDX is a solid ride, but too big for me.

I test drove a Model Y before the last (minor) interior refresh. Really liked the way it drove and handled and the seat comfort. However, there were lots of things I didn't like about it like the harshness of the ride, the roof with no shade, some funny high pitched noises (which I was told by the sales person was probably a defect), couldn't adjust mirrors to where I like, etc., and so I decided to pass.

I too prefer physical controls which is part of the reason I bought another RDX instead of going NX (although there were several other things about the NX as well like RFT and price). Fortunately gas prices have dropped a lot, making the RDX a no brainer.
Yeah, another problem with the Model Y is that when it starts to snow or is freezing outside, the handles pretty much are frozen shut and it's really hard to open the door. My parents own a Model Y and had that issue in NJ this past couple of weeks when it started snowing.

There's plenty of things to like having an EV, and I still am a firm believer that EVs are only meant to be commuter cars. I no longer have to go to a gas station and can just charge at home. However, it's still imperative to have at least an ICE vehicle on standby just in case of power outages, or it's super freezing out that you need the extra range, etc.

People who think Tesla's are luxury vehicles have never really been in a luxury vehicle. They only classify it so because it's expensive.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 01-21-2024 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:47 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
I guess Acura buyers are happy with this approach! Right?
Recent proof is Integra. Most including you probably thought Integra will be discontinued after year one since it's priced $5-10K more than a civic. Why would you pay more for the same car? Yet, it's not just a success for Honda/Acura but for the car industry. Close to 35K units sold and winning awards left and right! To the point that it's considered the best vehicle under $100K!

You are not an Acura buyer and that's why Acura never listens to window shoppers and keyboard warriors Cheers! Let's us know when you change your mind and get the the refreshed RDX this summer!
Old 01-21-2024, 09:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just came across this which suggests there will be a refresh for 2025.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/acura/rdx/2025/
Old 01-21-2024, 09:38 PM
mvl
Pro

Adaptive cruise control has been in all trims of all Acuras since 2018. It has been in higher end trims/models for 5-10 years longer.

I pay a lot of attention to ACC as it is the only reason I don't drive 20 year old Acuras, otherwise every other feature is aftermarket-addable for way cheaper than a new car.

ZDX aspec was announced to include regular Acurawatch. ZDX typeS is getting Acurawatch 360+ which appears to be rebranded supercruise.

Hopefully the 25 MDX will get 360+ too. The 25 RDX is probably keeping regular Acurawatch, but hopefully at least getting Traffic Jam Assist as it is the only Acura without TJA for the past 3 years.
ELIN (01-22-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 305 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Recent proof is Integra. Most including you probably thought Integra will be discontinued after year one since it's priced $5-10K more than a civic. Why would you pay more for the same car? Yet, it's not just a success for Honda/Acura but for the car industry. Close to 35K units sold and winning awards left and right! To the point that it's considered the best vehicle under $100K!
Ok, I can't let that claim slide ... What credible source thinks the Integra is "the best vehicle under $100k"? It's not a bad car by any means, but that is a ridiculous statement.
The following 3 users liked this post by HotRodW:
ESHBG (01-21-2024), RDX10 (01-21-2024), sonyfever (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:10 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
Ok, I can't let that claim slide ... What credible source thinks the Integra is "the best vehicle under $100k"? It's not a bad car by any means, but that is a ridiculous statement.
you don’t need link just type on your google search and read all the recent posts about Integra and you will find some solid links to answer you good luck.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

You are not an Acura buyer and that's why Acura never listens to window shoppers and keyboard warriors Cheers! Let's us know when you change your mind and get the the refreshed RDX this summer!
Nice to see the head of the marketing department here, I knew that it wouldn't take long! But per usual not discussing the issue at hand and talking about the entry level vehicle which has nothing in common with the vehicle I am talking about. And how's your recent Acura purchase going? Oh wait that's right, you're just a window shopper and keyboard warrior
The following 3 users liked this post by ESHBG:
ELIN (01-22-2024), HotRodW (01-22-2024), RDX10 (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 305 Likes on 195 Posts
you don’t need link just type on your google search and read all the recent posts about Integra and you will find some solid links to answer you good luck.
Umm, no you won't. But feel free to post some links to prove me wrong.
The following 2 users liked this post by HotRodW:
ESHBG (01-21-2024), RDX10 (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 11:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
The theatrics in this forum are somewhat exhausting . It seems like people either love Acura or hate it here...I really miss the days when this forum had more practical people who could both love their vehicle or the brand and still see faults, or conversely have issues with their vehicle but still be able to appreciate the positives.

Last edited by RDX10; 01-21-2024 at 11:51 PM.
HotRodW (01-22-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 11:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RDX10
The theatrics in this sub are somewhat exhausting lol. It seems like people either love Acura or hate it here...I really miss the days when this forum had more practical people who could both love their vehicle or the brand and still see faults.
It's a vicious cycle. There are cheerleaders here who pump up Acura so much that the Negative Nancies get even more negative to counter, which prompts the Sunshine Pumpers to pump even harder, and so on.

Acura does some things well, but also has some glaring flaws. I think most people can see that, but there's a vocal minority who hone in on just one side or the other. Doesn't take much too make much, given that AZ sees very little traffic compared to before, so these voices get amplified.
The following 4 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ELIN (01-22-2024), ESHBG (01-22-2024), RDX10 (01-22-2024), sonyfever (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 12:21 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HotRodW
He's probably taking the R&T article, and extrapolating "one of the best new cars under $100K" to mean "the best car under $100K".

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...ar-under-100k/
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (01-22-2024), RDX10 (01-22-2024), Tony Pac (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 03:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
It's a vicious cycle. There are cheerleaders here who pump up Acura so much that the Negative Nancies get even more negative to counter, which prompts the Sunshine Pumpers to pump even harder, and so on.

Acura does some things well, but also has some glaring flaws. I think most people can see that, but there's a vocal minority who hone in on just one side or the other. Doesn't take much too make much, given that AZ sees very little traffic compared to before, so these voices get amplified.
I totally agree with everything you've said here. The traffic seems to have died down immensely on here and we're left with the cheer leaders and negative nancies going back and forth.

Sort of unrelated but why has this forum died so badly? I understand this is a 6 year old model now, but like it's been dead here for a a long long time and it feels like even other subs (TLX, MDX are dead too). Haven't checked out the Integra section to see how that's doing. I remember when I first joined (I think it was 2014 or 2015) this place was bustling.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:16 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RDX10
I totally agree with everything you've said here. The traffic seems to have died down immensely on here and we're left with the cheer leaders and negative nancies going back and forth.

Sort of unrelated but why has this forum died so badly? I understand this is a 6 year old model now, but like it's been dead here for a a long long time and it feels like even other subs (TLX, MDX are dead too). Haven't checked out the Integra section to see how that's doing. I remember when I first joined (I think it was 2014 or 2015) this place was bustling.
Times are changing. Forums are dying, and younger users are gravitating towards FB groups, Instagram, Tiktok, Reddit, etc. Acura enthusiasts have always skewed younger compared to some other brands (because it's more accessible). This hasn't affected Rennlist as much, for instance, but I've seen other major car forums that skew younger (like nasioc) dropping users left and right.

The primary demographic for most forums I'm on at this point is basically middle aged and older men (this one included).

Last edited by fiatlux; 01-22-2024 at 03:19 AM.
RDX10 (01-22-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025 RDX 2nd Refresh