2022 sunroof defective.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a Porsche and it’s like night and day how the service departments treat people. I’m completely shocked I’ve always wanted an Acura now I’ll never own another.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulletproof
I was just told by Acura of Baton Rouge that the part is on back order till October at the earliest. I was also informed rather rudely that they are taking back my loaner and I will have to get a rental car. I am going to have to lawyer up. Do not buy a 22 Acura RDX until this know sunroof problem is resolved.

This is my first Acura and their service is egregious.
Sorry to hear this. Push for rental/ride share reimbursement. Also, they may now be knocking on the door of ADA discrimination so explore that also.

I echo the others and I am not planning on purchasing another Acura for many reasons and the dealership experience is one big one.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulletproof
I have a Porsche and it’s like night and day how the service departments treat people. I’m completely shocked I’ve always wanted an Acura now I’ll never own another.
Porsche and Lexus are at the top of the game when it comes to customer service and the soft product. They're perpetually at the top of the rankings. Every time I go into a Porsche dealerships, I'm treated like a VIP, and have no problems getting test drives or knowledgable sales people who don't pressure me to buy. With Lexus, my parents did have to wait 3 months for airbags for the recall, but Lexus gave them a loaner for a month, and while they did need to return it, they apologized profusely for the delay and put them in a rental car on their dime for two more months.

Half the Acura dealerships in my area don't even offer loaners at all, and the complimentary pickup/dropoff covers a paltry 5 mile radius. As I've said before, I generally like Acura's hard products, but I detest Acura corporate and the inconsistent (or consistently poor in my area) customer service experience at dealerships. Having owned BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus prior to buying an Acura I too was disappointed (and somewhat shocked) at just how poor the customer service experience with Acura was. Honestly, it's not much better than Honda (fun fact: Acura of San Francisco actually shares a showroom, sales staff, service advisors, service center, and facilities with Honda of San Francisco so it quite literally is the exact same experience).
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
It could be worse. I feel like I need to be strapped when I walk into a Nissan/Infiniti dealer. Or a bath after stepping into a Kia/Hyundai/Genesis dealer.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
Are we really expecting the Acura dealership experience to be the same as Porsche? Manage your expectations. My local Lexus dealer is very fancy with chandeliers, a fireplace and a library. I have no issues with the two Acura dealers in my area. They don't have fireplaces but they offer loaners and good service.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:56 AM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7777
Are we really expecting the Acura dealership experience to be the same as Porsche? Manage your expectations. My local Lexus dealer is very fancy with chandeliers, a fireplace and a library. I have no issues with the two Acura dealers in my area. They don't have fireplaces but they offer loaners and good service.
I also own a Porsche as well as a BMW and a Lexus. I've also had several Audis. The experience from dealer to dealer is consistent and repeatable. I wouldn't expect Acura dealers to compare in any way to these other brands. However...

... it is entirely within reasonable >expectation< that an Acura dealership operates at a higher - and more premium - level than, say, a Ford dealership. My personal experience with my local Acura dealer was second only in poor experience to the one and only Ford dealer experience I had. My experience with Ford dealers - every one in my area as I desperately tried to find a good one - was so bad I would never ever set foot on a Ford dealer lot ever again. Second place award goes to Acura.

With this said, I think we're seeing evidence of inconsistencies across the Acura dealer network. Something I haven't experienced with the other brands. Perhaps there is an opportunity for Acura corporate to implement some brand standards for the dealership experience.....
The following 2 users liked this post by TheDatanator:
amcobra (08-07-2022), ESHBG (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 09:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7777
A vehicle that costs $70+K (MDX-S) should be attached to an above average dealership experience. And no, they all don't offer loaners (mine did but ceased to years ago) and the dealer experience is too inconsistent for a luxury-ish brand.
TheDatanator (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 11:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
A vehicle that costs $70+K (MDX-S) should be attached to an above average dealership experience. And no, they all don't offer loaners (mine did but ceased to years ago) and the dealer experience is too inconsistent for a luxury-ish brand.
This. Some people evidently have good dealership experiences, but others have been quite poor. The inconsistently tells me that Acura corporate doesn’t have a standard that they enforce, and it’s up to each dealership to decide for themselves how excellent (or lousy) they want to be.

Of the three closest dealerships to me, one of them doesn’t offer loaners at all, one of them has them but they’re booked out months in advance, and one of them charges $35 for a loaner.
ESHBG (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
This. Some people evidently have good dealership experiences, but others have been quite poor. The inconsistently tells me that Acura corporate doesn’t have a standard that they enforce, and it’s up to each dealership to decide for themselves how excellent (or lousy) they want to be.

Of the three closest dealerships to me, one of them doesn’t offer loaners at all, one of them has them but they’re booked out months in advance, and one of them charges $35 for a loaner.
In this ERA, I want reliability so I never have to go to the dealer. A lot of dealers axed loaners a while back, which I am okay with - especially not going to the dealership but for routine maintenance.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:57 PM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Sure I get it but that’s their top end. Porsche averages much higher across all their models.

Lexus also has more models in a higher price range.

Acura is considered more of a value/luxury brand. I wouldn’t expect it to be the same experience. But it also shouldn’t be worse than Honda….