2022 RDX Info Released

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
2022 RDX Info Released

2022 Acura RDX Info has been released:
https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/2022-acura-rdx-remains-atop-the-podium-with-new-styling-more-features-and-available-long-beach-blue-pearl-paint

This addresses most of the issues I had with the vehicle. I really liked the 3G RDX, but the road noise was terrible for a luxury/premium vehicle. I wrote Acura Client Relations at least 3 times about that issue over the years. Had it not been for that, I would have had an RDX in my garage. Happy to see that addressed.

Additional little things I appreciate: wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto, remote start and power folding mirrors on Advance and above.

Those looking for major styling changes will be disappointed. I really like that you can combine the A-Spec and Advance trims. Also the PMC trim was finally introduced in a color I'd actually consider purchasing.

Would have been nice to see a Type S, but realistically I'd probably just get an Advance or Advance A-Spec.

it's between this and a GV70. Probably won't get until 2022 or even 2023 since market is crazy now.

2022 RDX Press Release

Last edited by AcuraGuy2016; 09-23-2021 at 07:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CyanideDN (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 07:43 AM
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
This was all covered already and discussed in the other thread with 290+ replies lol
pilozm (10-03-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 08:07 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Type X
This was all covered already and discussed in the other thread with 290+ replies lol
Saw a "when to except 2022 info thread" started in April well before any info released, but not one post actual 2022 RDX release info.
The following 4 users liked this post by AcuraGuy2016:
esquire0399 (09-26-2021), hand-filer (09-24-2021), Ih8honda (09-24-2021), Waetherman (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 05:48 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Agreed - better to have the title of the thread actually match the content.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:40 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
2022 Acura RDX Info has been released:
https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...ue-pearl-paint

This addresses most of the issues I had with the vehicle. I really liked the 3G RDX, but the road noise was terrible for a luxury/premium vehicle. I wrote Acura Client Relations at least 3 times about that issue over the years. Had it not been for that, I would have had an RDX in my garage. Happy to see that addressed.

Additional little things I appreciate: wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto, remote start and power folding mirrors on Advance and above.

Those looking for major styling changes will be disappointed. I really like that you can combine the A-Spec and Advance trims. Also the PMC trim was finally introduced in a color I'd actually consider purchasing.

Would have been nice to see a Type S, but realistically I'd probably just get an Advance or Advance A-Spec.

it's between this and a GV70. Probably won't get until 2022 or even 2023 since market is crazy now.

2022 RDX Press Release
I had a '19 A-Spec and liked it a lot...but, the ride was not good. I even started with new Michelins...'cause those Goodyear Eagle RS-A's are lousy tires and they are still putting them
on. Must have bought a boat load back when. I traded that one for a '19 MDX Adv. I had talked about hoping "someday" they might offer the Adv. goodies on the A-Spec. A few weeks
ago my new car mgr. told me he heard a rumor about the '22 doing just that...but, nothing could be found anywhere to confirm. Then....Tues...and WOW....hiis rumor was right.
There it was. And, yes, they addressed a LOT of issues, and now I think it's a really great smaller SUV. The Type S....I bet...will come along maybe later next year, but, my
thought is...what would they do with the engine? Maybe bring the HP up like the Civic Type R? I don't see them putting the 3.0 turbo V6 in it. Hmmm???

So, now I'm on the fence...since my dealer is already gong to order me a Type S MDX next month...but, not obligated to buy...he can sell every one he can get his hands on.
And, now I have a '22 RDX...A-Spec/Adv that will also be ordered next month for me. He ordered 3 of them last Monday....and never told me about them. We are friends for
many years...but, I admonished him...in a nice way...LOL...about not telling me. So, he said...I will order the color combo you want when I place my orders in Oct.
I never have to give a deposit....bought too many Acuras from them over the last many yrs. I go through a lot of cars. Anything I order and may not want..which hasn't
happened yet....they know they can sell if I rejected a certain one.

I now have to decide which of the 2 models do my wife and I want. She loved driving the '19 RDX. We currently have a '22 MDX Adv.....yes, I know....WHY trade it?? It's just
what I do. LOL! We really like this MDX. Then the Type S finally came out...or soon...and it was looking pretty good to me and more goodies...plus power. That was last week,
and now this week the '22 RDX gets announced. Damn....timing. So, I've got both coming in at some point...RDX..late Nov early Dec...and the MDX...not sure right now....maybe
early Jan. I would hope they arrive so both are on the ground so I can then decide which one we want. IF NOT...then the RDX will be first, probably, and it would have to really blow
me away to say yes to it, and not get the Type S MDX. But, my wife has a say in it too. Again, she loved driving her '19 RDX A-Spec....

I do like what the Press Release spelled out on all the upgrades that have been done. The black wheels...or dark gray....are not for me. I do like the all new wheel for the Adv. model.
I can do what I did with the '19 RDX A-Spec, which came with the same size wheels and tires they are using on the '22....I sold the dealer the 20"s...wheels/tires....and put on 19"
TLX opt. wheels and Mich. tires...and I sized them so they were .1" diam. of the 20's. Worked out great. Would do similar for the '22, but, don't know what wheel...but, that Adv. wheel
looks good to me, and probably do that one. I get 25% off all accessories I buy for my new Acuras, so that helps a lot on the wheel prices.

Just a note: In case some don't know....if you get the A-Spec/Adv model...it will be an A-Spec on the outside and most all of the inside. So, thus the dark gray wheels. I'd get
the white with red interior...same as our '19 was.

I also am first on the list for the Integra when he can order one....IF the release info and pics of it are exciting to me. Anxious to see that one when it's released. I'm thinking...it MAY not
have enough engine to satisfy my "lust" for power. Or at least my desire for "decent power" to go with the handling and "fun factor" to drive.
Acura is finally coming out with some fun cars to choose from. Not for everyone's fancy...I know....but, for most who have owned and enjoyed Acuras for a long time, this is a good time!!
Old 09-24-2021, 07:47 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Wow sounds like you are quite the Acura enthusiast! I wouldn't admonish your dealer for ordering you a '22 RDX - sounds like he knows you all too well and did the right thing

Personally I'd still choose the MDX Type S. All the tech seems more integrated by design than included later. Plus, Type S!

I definitely think the improvements to the RDX are significant though, and worth waiting for if anyone is considering a '21 VS' 22. I'm even contemplating it even though my RDX is barely two years old. This time around, the Advance seems worth the price of upgrade.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:22 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
So now, Sport = Normal and Sport+ = Sport.
markm929 (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
I wonder when we can start seeing options on acura.com?
Old 09-24-2021, 02:21 PM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7777
I wonder when we can start seeing options on acura.com?
November 1st is on sale date. Press will be getting to drive them in the coming weeks.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:53 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Waht's this?
Old 09-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Not for me if it still has the waste of space dual content screen and crap software.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
That's the same as the current 2.0 TLX.

I think that improves the fuel economy when incorporating shutting off valves (covered in a separate thread).
Old 09-24-2021, 03:30 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Waetherman
Waht's this?
Drive modes are now Comfort, Normal,, Sport & Snow.

Originally Posted by ELIN
That's the same as the current 2.0 TLX.

I think that improves the fuel economy when incorporating shutting off valves (covered in a separate thread).
It may be purely semantic. There may be no functional changes at all.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 09-24-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Waetherman
Wow sounds like you are quite the Acura enthusiast! I wouldn't admonish your dealer for ordering you a '22 RDX - sounds like he knows you all too well and did the right thing

Personally I'd still choose the MDX Type S. All the tech seems more integrated by design than included later. Plus, Type S!

I definitely think the improvements to the RDX are significant though, and worth waiting for if anyone is considering a '21 VS' 22. I'm even contemplating it even though my RDX is barely two years old. This time around, the Advance seems worth the price of upgrade.
Hi...I am and have enjoyed our Acuras. I'm also a big Mustang guy..currently have a '21 GT Prem with the Perf. Pack. and all options. My 12th Mustang. I'm older...so, lots of time to buy vehicles! LOL!
I think you may have misunderstood about me and my new car mgr. I didn't "admonish" him for ordering ME a '22 RDX...I kicked his butt....metaphorically....for not telling me he had already ordered 3 of
those units. We are good friends....so it's all in "good fun." I called him after I wrote my post....and....he said..."uh, yes, I should have told you!" I said OK...so now let's do some planning. He didn't get the
white/red one he had ordered...knows by the Acura documents he received....he thinks maybe a close by dealer got it. He's going to see IF that is true and try and dealer trade one of the 3 he is getting and then
I can check it out, etc.after it arrives...would be earlier then, than ordering one in Oct. He'll call if that happens. Actually no big deal....but, he offered.

I DO like our '22 MDX Adv. Drove it today...and, I told myself...this is so nice to drive. The Type S would be really cool I'm sure. But, one never knows. That A-Spec with Advance just MIGHT be cool also and a lot
of fun. Smaller means quicker to maneuver it around traffic, through lots, etc, etc. As I mentioned my wife plays a role in this too. She loved driving the '19 A-Spec we had.
So, we'll see. Again, it would be ideal IF both were on the ground at the same time, then the comparisons and decision making would be so much easier.
He said the MDX Type S looks to be delayed some. He'll know more fairly soon. Also, from build completion to arrival time has now doubled for him in Colorado. Was 2 wks...now 4. So much has changed in the
world of COVID. Parts suppliers are having trouble getting raw materials, short on truck drivers....issues with the railroad system....all that besides the chip shortage...and latest is....it's not going to improve for a long
time. Maybe last most of next year. Sad time for all of us, for many reasons...not just car buying.

Take care!
Old 09-25-2021, 07:07 AM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I still like my 19 RDX Tech, and I keep my cars 10+ years.

But the ‘22 Advance has a lot I like, better (supposedly, we’ll see) ride, quietness, folding mirrors, plus the other goodies over the Tech. Too, it seems like depreciation might be quite low, so I might make the switch.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog

But the ‘22 Advance has a lot I like, better (supposedly, we’ll see) ride, quietness, folding mirrors, plus the other goodies over the Tech. Too, it seems like depreciation might be quite low, so I might make the switch.
Keep in mind that even if you get a good trade-in for your 19, the 22 will have no discounts and in fact you will likely pay over MSRP.
In the good old days you could just wait it out and buy Acuras 8-10% under MSRP. I bought my 2020 about 9% under MSRP, but to get 22 it will be over MSRP.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by russianDude
Keep in mind that even if you get a good trade-in for your 19, the 22 will have no discounts and in fact you will likely pay over MSRP.
In the good old days you could just wait it out and buy Acuras 8-10% under MSRP. I bought my 2020 about 9% under MSRP, but to get 22 it will be over MSRP.
Its an RDX not a TLX Type S. I could see paying msrp but not over.

IMO the high trade in offsets the non msrp discount.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:25 AM
Drifting

When the time comes, I’ll see what the numbers say.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

people can not buy Honda/Toyota for MSRP, I expect 2022 RDX will be over MSRP at least initially,
maybe after winter it will settle down
Old 09-25-2021, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

if you used to get 10% MSRP discount on 48k MSRP, thats 4-5K. You think they giving 4-5k more for 2019 trade-in?
Old 09-25-2021, 11:19 AM
Pro

if you used to get 10% MSRP discount on 48k MSRP, thats 4-5K. You think they giving 4-5k more for 2019 trade-in?
If not the dealer then Carvana or Carmax. Used car values are crazy high right now. I’ve got $6k in positive equity in my NX lease. Basically unheard of.

In my area I haven’t seen new cars over MSRP except for some exceptions. I certainly wouldn’t pay over MSRP for Honda, Toyota or Acura. I’m not that desperate.
Ih8honda (09-25-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

yeah, its a bad time to buy a car. I got few more years before my daughter starts to drive, will need to get another car.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts

Yeah, out of curiosity I priced my relatively higher mileage A-spec, and the KBB trade-in price is well north of $35k. So the inflated price really offsets zero discount on msrp. I also checked the stock of the dealership I bought my car from, and they only have 17 cars available, mostly RDX, only 1 or 2 units for the other models.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:18 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

We normally keep our cars for a long time too but I'm anxious to take a test drive in the new RDX. If it's very noticeably quieter that our 2020 Advance and as a bonus rides a bit smoother, I think we will make the switch.
I happened to drive by our local dealer the other day and it didn't look like they had more than half a dozen new cars on the lot. I'm afraid it's going to be the same with the supply of the 2022 models also but we will see.

The following 2 users liked this post by GW208:
JB in AZ (09-29-2021), Madd Dog (10-02-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 02:23 PM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Yes they will. I have 18k miles on my 2019 A-Spec. I owe 26k on the lease. CarMax will buy it for 34k. Do the math…..and the dealer will give me the same.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:07 AM
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
wait until the Mazda CX-50 comes out, the GV70 really gets rolling, and the NX350 FSport gets rolling. I REALLY LIKE the RDX, but I'm weird. The mass market won't always see what we see. I know they know this, but they need volume and market-share. Cash on the hood will happen (or the Japanese version of that). There's just too many really solid options in this segment.
R3amir (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 07:30 AM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by FactoryMatt
wait until the Mazda CX-50 comes out, the GV70 really gets rolling, and the NX350 FSport gets rolling. I REALLY LIKE the RDX, but I'm weird. The mass market won't always see what we see. I know they know this, but they need volume and market-share. Cash on the hood will happen (or the Japanese version of that). There's just too many really solid options in this segment.
I will be checking out the NX350 F-Sport as soon as they show up at the dealer.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:05 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a 2019 RDX A-Spec and only gripe was that you could not have the Advance features with it and it was a compromise on looks or technology. Glad they resolved it now with being able to have both packages as well as the wireless apple carplay. The wired apple carplay was very patcy to saw the least.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:38 PM
Pro

My dealer called and said they've ordered six 2022 RDXs and expect to receive them in December. He didn't have pricing info yet.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
Thought I’d post this here. 2022 MY get the all new key fob from the 22 MDX. Suspect that all Acura models will get this.
FactoryMatt (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
My brother needed a new car so I sold him my 2019 Advanced with the Acura warranty on it today. I have other cars I can drive until I can get $3000 off the 2022 A-SPEC Advance. I suspect the cost for the A-SPEC/ Advanced will be around $49K. They cant price themselves out of the market on the RDX. Since the A-SPEC and Advance have SH-AWD included it will increase them in price.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Drifting

Surprisingly, my wife is on board, especially if the ride and cabin noise reduction is as stated. She knows my frustration with the lack of folding mirrors, and the new doodads sound nice.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Pro

Surprisingly, my wife is on board, especially if the ride and cabin noise reduction is as stated. She knows my frustration with the lack of folding mirrors, and the new doodads sound nice.
Same. My wife was not impressed with the amount of noise in the current RDX ASpec. I didn’t mind but you know…she’s the boss….
ELIN (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Drifting

And if getting 2022s to replace our current RDXs is what it takes to please the wife? Well a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.
ELIN (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 04:00 PM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
My brother needed a new car so I sold him my 2019 Advanced with the Acura warranty on it today. I have other cars I can drive until I can get $3000 off the 2022 A-SPEC Advance. I suspect the cost for the A-SPEC/ Advanced will be around $49K. They cant price themselves out of the market on the RDX. Since the A-SPEC and Advance have SH-AWD included it will increase them in price.
Worst of both worlds?

Prob sold 2019 to family at a loss (vs market price).

No discount on ‘22 model. Cars are a rare commodity these days.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

I am keeping my 20s RDX, its a great car.
all of you with 3rd gen RDX trying to upgrade to 2022 are falling into marketing trap. I keep my cars for 10 yrs. I can afford to get a new car, but chose to spend money on other things… things that appreciate in value, unlike cars…
Old 10-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Drifting

all of you with 3rd gen RDX trying to upgrade to 2022 are falling into marketing trap. I keep my cars for 10 yrs. I can afford to get a new car, but chose to spend money on other things… things that appreciate in value, unlike cars…
Functionally, I think this would operate like a lease for me, and get me features I want.

If the numbers come in the way I want, I will make the jump.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Functionally, I think this would operate like a lease for me, and get me features I want.

If the numbers come in the way I want, I will make the jump.

They still going to get ya 💰dog….
Old 10-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Drifting

They still going to get ya 💰dog….
After cancelling two winters in Florida, and two Summer trips to Europe, and my wife refusing to update her 2014 Accord, money is not an issue for me here.

The question will be whether I think it will be worth it to me, considering I am often trapped in my own frugality.
russianDude (10-02-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 01:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Sooner or later you need to spend some of your fortune on a nice car, don't you? Otherwise it is just going to be someone else's money. I do agree with you that personally I would not take the deprecation hit just for a MMC RDX. In fact, I plan to look into retrofitting some items from the MMC. The parts I am interested are:
- Front liners, I bet they are felt liners and can cut some high frequency noise.
- Passenger ultrasuede trim with constrat stitching. Should be a direct fit.
- ANC module. The module is inexpensive and easily accessible, so why not give it a try?
- Ambient lighting. The Iconic drive version requires a control unit so probably not possible to fully retrofitted. I do not care about the multi-color aspect of the ambient light, as long as they glow red I Iam fine. The LEDs and pipes are 4-pin, with power, ground, and two RGB_IN signals. I checked TLX and MDX and they use the same footwell LED, so bought one and will do some experiment to understand the control signals.
- Insulators: The one underneath the rear cargo tray should not be too difficult to install. Maybe the D-pillar ones, too.
- LED puddle light. This is an accessory for non-advance MMC RDX so no reason why it cannot be retrofitted.

Quick Reply: 2022 RDX Info Released