2019 RDX A-Spec teaser - NY auto show release

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Very pleased with what Acura has produced and the new direction that they are taking. Only hope that the price is right....papa needs a new car!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:30 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the new look, exterior and interior. I was hoping for a few more details with the "official" unveiling. Oh well, the wait continues.......

==
MHC
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
Whose watching? wow. that white A-spec looks stunning. absolutely in love!
Stunning?!? All Acura did with the ASpec exterior is a murdered out treatment. There isn’t a resigned facia different from other models. I’ll give them credit for the interior but the ASpec exterior treatment is just a lazy effort IMO. Even Chrysler offers the Pacifica mini-van murdered out.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Goes into Stealth Mode With New S Package - Motor Trend

Old 03-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Now to choose between this or an XC40... Also I hope that the volume nob doesn't always stick out like that and can become flush by pushing it like the TLX.

Last edited by joshuco; 03-28-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:51 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by ThaChadwick

Stunning?!? All Acura did with the ASpec exterior is a murdered out treatment. There isn’t a resigned facia different from other models. I’ll give them credit for the interior but the ASpec exterior treatment is just a lazy effort IMO. Even Chrysler offers the Pacifica mini-van murdered out.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Goes into Stealth Mode With New S Package - Motor Trend

Geez, did someone take a dump in your cereal this morning? So, I suppose the M Sport, S Line or F Sport treatment is a lazy effort as well? Those vehicles don’t look all that different than the standard models. The sport treatment is meant for give the vehicle some sporty cues and maybe a slightly sportier suspension. That’s it. If you want something different aesthetically with improved muscle, then pony up for a M4, RS5, GS F, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZipSpeed:
a35tl (03-28-2018), ostrich (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed

Geez, did someone take a dump in your cereal this morning? So, I suppose the M Sport, S Line or F Sport treatment is a lazy effort as well? Those vehicles don’t look all that different than the standard models. The sport treatment is meant for give the vehicle some sporty cues and maybe a slightly sportier suspension. That’s it. If you want something different aesthetically with improved muscle, then pony up for a M4, RS5, GS F, etc.
Sorry pal. I don’t drink the Kool-Aid as much as some fanboys do. I call it like I see it. With the TLX ASpec, there was a revised grille so I was interested to see what we’d see with the RDX variant. They did nothing, just blacked out the trim and called it a day.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
The 2G RDX doesn't have an A-Spec option. It will be new for the 3G. Here in Canada, the TLX A-Spec Elite carries a $3500 premium over the standard Elite, so I don't think Acura will price the 3G RDX A-Spec trim out of the stratosphere.
so say you add 3-4K to current generation RDX with aspec. Acura can not sell 3rd gen RDX for much more than 2nd gen. It has to stay competively priced.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:52 AM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts

Sorry pal. I don’t drink the Kool-Aid as much as some fanboys do. I call it like I see it. With the TLX ASpec, there was a revised grille so I was interested to see what we’d see with the RDX variant. They did nothing, just blacked out the trim and called it a day.
Fanboys... you do know where you are right? So people that are on an Acura forum, who probably owns, or had owned an Acura prodcut, and are getting excited for an Acura product, is drinking Kool-Aid. Gotcha.

There's enough to differentiate the RDX A-Spec and regular model.
- Larger tail pipes
- Rear bumper diffuser
- Aggressive width tires with larger wheels
- Red leather/alcantara trim
- Blacked out trim
- Black Headliner

TLX A-Spec has all the above with a slightly different front fascia, while the RDX is just missing the front fasica, and you call it lazy. Okay then.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Fanboys... you do know where you are right? So people that are on an Acura forum, who probably owns, or had owned an Acura prodcut, and are getting excited for an Acura product, is drinking Kool-Aid. Gotcha.

There's enough to differentiate the RDX A-Spec and regular model.
- Larger tail pipes
- Rear bumper diffuser
- Aggressive width tires with larger wheels
- Red leather/alcantara trim
- Blacked out trim
- Black Headliner

TLX A-Spec has all the above with a slightly different front fascia, while the RDX is just missing the front fasica, and you call it lazy. Okay then.
I know where I’m at. I joined here when I bought my Acura last year. But that won’t stop me from having a dissenting opinion if I see fit, regardless where I’m posting at.

I just think Acura has done more with the ASpec treatment on other vehicles, now including the MDX ASpec. So when I see people here call this stunning, I chuckle. It isn’t that dramatic of a difference from the concept. And yes, I still will call the RDX variant lazy. You can easily black out trim with a good wrap job while getting the other stuff aftermarket.

Last edited by ThaChadwick; 03-29-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:51 PM
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

wow, managed to get kool-aid and fanboy in the same sentence, you win the internets...
Old 03-31-2018, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
"the 2019 RDX will be available as an A-Spec model with 20-inch alloy wheels, a unique lower front fascia, gloss black accents on the headlights, side sills, upper window trim, and taillights, LED fog lights, larger dual exhaust tips, and A-Spec badges on the front quarter panel and tailgate. Inside, the RDX A-Spec can be had in red or black leather upholstery with Ultrasuede inserts, aluminum trim, metal-plated paddle shifters, a special gauge cluster and a steering wheel with an A-Spec badge."

Yeah....I guess that you could just do a good wrap job and get the other stuff aftermarket....or just buy the A-Spec since Acura did all of that for you. The reality is that A-Spec is mostly cosmetic and Type - S gets you the performance mods...in 2 years.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Video - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec Signature Blue Pearl

https://www.msn.com/fr-ch/video/rega...arl/vp-AAvf5Tt
Old 04-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
The A-spec puts the styling cues out there for people who want them. Me, that is not my style, and would not ever go for larger wheels merely for looks; they must do stuff better. IMO, usually, larger wheels degrade ride, and improve at-the-limit cornering. I am going to do more time riding that cornering at the limit.

But it is a perfectly good idea to give customers the cosmetic changes that the A-spec provides. BMW does it with M packages (not the M cars) and MB does it with the AMG packages (again, not the AMG cars). There is a market for the cosmetic packages, (Audi S line) and there is no reason why Acura, and others, should not provide models for that market.
birdonamission (05-22-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 239 Likes on 210 Posts
With you 100% on this. I dig the A-spec touches, minus the up-sizing of the wheels. Obviously we'll learn more once there are some actual road tests out there, but to your point an increase in wheel size usually translates to a decrease in ride quality. This car would be my every-day car, and while it has the potential to be fun on certain roads from time to time, its primary purpose (for me, at least), is to get me to work and back in comfort. My 2010 is doing this just fine, and I look forward to basically upgrading every aspect of it to some degree in moving into a 3G RDX at some point - unless it fails miserably when I actually get some face time with it.
birdonamission (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts