2016 MDX Bluetooth issue with IOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:03 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MDX Bluetooth issue with IOS

Hello all...purchased a 2016 AWD MDX a few weeks ago. We are having an issue when receiving a phone call (IOS) via bluetooth. The phone call rings in the vehicle. However, after pressing the Answer button, the phone call is muted. I can't hear the caller and the caller cannot hear me. In order to fix the problem, each and every phone call I must manually press the "mute" button on the Infocenter touchscreen. Then, the call can proceed. This is quite annoying. I have an appointment at our dealer tomorrow, but it is such a hassle. Does anyone know of an easy fix for this? I was in to the dealer for a car wash on Saturday, but the service advisor could not figure out why it was doing this. So, they had to schedule me an appointment to try to fix the problem. Please help! Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by gohawks_78
Hello all...purchased a 2016 AWD MDX a few weeks ago. We are having an issue when receiving a phone call (IOS) via bluetooth. The phone call rings in the vehicle. However, after pressing the Answer button, the phone call is muted. I can't hear the caller and the caller cannot hear me. In order to fix the problem, each and every phone call I must manually press the "mute" button on the Infocenter touchscreen. Then, the call can proceed. This is quite annoying. I have an appointment at our dealer tomorrow, but it is such a hassle. Does anyone know of an easy fix for this? I was in to the dealer for a car wash on Saturday, but the service advisor could not figure out why it was doing this. So, they had to schedule me an appointment to try to fix the problem. Please help! Thanks in advance.
I have a 2016 Elite and an iphone 6. They are working flawlessly together for me.

Out of interest, my 2011 MDX had issues with my Samsung S5 and my iphone. With the Samsung, the call quality was often unbearable until I restarted the car and rebooted the phone. With the iphone, the 2011 often had difficulties connecting. Other issues were if I dialed from the phone, I had to transfer the call to the car. On the 2016, I can dial from the phone and it connects through the car automatically.

Also, Siri works very well on the 2016.

I trust you have rebooted your iphone and reset all network connections? Did you try deleting the phone and pairing it again? Have you tried connecting with your wife's, kids, neighbor's, etc. phone to see if these phones work?

I assume that on the bluetooth menu on the phone, for HandsFreeLink you have selected show notifications and sync contacts to get your address book, text messages and email messages sent to the MDX's screen.

Last edited by E92Vancouver; 04-08-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gohawks_78
Intermittently, i have issues with BT connection...rebooting my iPhone works every time.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Have the same problem with my 2015 ADV. I can make calls and they work fine but I can't asnwer incoming calls. I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. Will be talking with the service department later today.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This has been an intermittent issue with me as well. 2016 AWD/Tech. Guess I'll bring it up at my first service.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got off the phone with Acura technology support. They were of no help with this issue.

Also when I mentioned that other people were having the same problem with their smart phones and referred the tech to this thread they responded that people lie on the internet, that if people were having this problem with their smart phones acura would be hearing about it.

So will you people please stop lying about this.
Damn I'm pissed at that response.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
8th Gear

I am now on hold with Acura Tech Support. If there is a fix to this problem, I will update. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:31 PM
8th Gear

Fixed!

I have an update to this issue. I called Acura Tech Support and they were not too much help. So, when I got home, I tried pairing a different iPhone 5S. That phone worked fine. So, I compared the settings between the 2 phones. The setting that was the problem (in the iPhone) was as follows: General, Accessibility, Call Audio Routing...the setting for "Call Audio Routing" should be set to automatic. Our problem phone had it set to "Headset," which caused the problems. For all of you IOS users out there having this issue, that should fix it. Hope this helps, especially for you eddiepants.
The following users liked this post:
Tigmd99 (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I checked my iPhone 6 and the setting referenced above is set to "automatic", yet the problem persists. Today, I had a similar problem. If you check voice mail on the iPhone, when you click on a voice mail, it will read it aloud over the audio system. If you then click on "call back" on the iPhone, the phone itself dials the number as it should, but the in-car system indicates that you are calling your own number. I had to click on "audio" on the iPhone and select "iPhone" in order to hear the audio, since the person on the other end had answered but could hear nothing.

I think there is a larger issue here, with regards to the bluetooth implementation and current version of iOS. I'm saying this because several of us have had issues that differ slightly from each other.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
As an FYI, apple just released IOS 8.3 today and it supposedly addressed BT issues. I have not had the above mentioned issues but its worth a shot!