Power Distribution indicator disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:38 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Power Distribution indicator disappeared

Today I started the car and drove uneventfully for a few miles until I realized that in the trip computer there was no indication of how many miles were done in EV mode, although it had done several on that mode. When I went to the Info menu, the Power Distribution option was not there. I tried restarting the engine a few times but made no difference.
Other than that everything in the car runs perfectly, including engaging into EV mode.
When I got to my destination I tried one more time the engine restart and it resolved the problem with everything back to normal.
Have any Hybrid owners experienced this?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Never once, but that may just have been a computer blip. If it happens repeatedly take it to the dealer.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:55 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,185 Posts
I usually have it set where I hit the info button and the power distribution pops up shared on the navi screen. I haven't figured out the key strokes; but, I've somehow make the power distribution disappear a few times and couldn't find it in the info section. It was just by luck of stumbling in/out of the menu options I was able to see and select the option again. I'm thinking I made power distribution disappear when I select Info/Trip computer to view that data? I've might have been stuck in a sub-menu after view Trip Data for the reason why?
Old 02-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I usually have it set where I hit the info button and the power distribution pops up shared on the navi screen. I haven't figured out the key strokes; but, I've somehow make the power distribution disappear a few times and couldn't find it in the info section. It was just by luck of stumbling in/out of the menu options I was able to see and select the option again. I'm thinking I made power distribution disappear when I select Info/Trip computer to view that data? I've might have been stuck in a sub-menu after view Trip Data for the reason why?
The Info button remembers the last choice you made.
There is no way to make items from the Info button disappear so it seems you had the same issue I had without realizing.
What it is interesting is that the trip computer will not display the miles done on EV when the Power Distribution “disappeared” from the Info menu.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lalin
Today I started the car and drove uneventfully for a few miles until I realized that in the trip computer there was no indication of how many miles were done in EV mode, although it had done several on that mode. When I went to the Info menu, the Power Distribution option was not there. I tried restarting the engine a few times but made no difference.
Other than that everything in the car runs perfectly, including engaging into EV mode.
When I got to my destination I tried one more time the engine restart and it resolved the problem with everything back to normal.
Have any Hybrid owners experienced this?

Yep this happened to me twice in the first couple weeks of driving the vehicle. Somehow it reappeared again and has not disappeared since(knock on wood)
same scenario where the ev mode does not register when the PDM is inaccessible.
seems to be some sort of startup glitch but as i mentioned it only happened a couple times.