Navigation with Tech package

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:35 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Navigation with Tech package

How is the navigation with the tech package? Is it worth the extra money? Better than Waze?? The live traffic info - who much is that after the free trial period is over?

Any info appreciated!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i have sh-awd tech. I decided for the tech pkg because of the other tech features like blind spot, ldw, fcw, els stereo, rain sensing wipers, song by voice function and 4 doors lock/unlock function but not mainly for the nav. The nav works fine for me but I find the nav on my iphone googlemaps works better. This is the first time that I have a nav in a car and can't really complain. it suits my needs. My friend who has a 2013 Lexus IS250 said that my nav is better than what he has. I have the car for a year now and once you learn how to use the nav features properly, it is ok. the traffic info is not that helpful though, iyou are better off checking googlemaps for traffic updates. I have yet to experience the traffic rerouting function works for me. I initially thought that once you're using the nav, it would reroute you to a street with less traffic. Never worked for me though. But then again, The nav is serving its purpose. nothing fancy but I can live without it and just use my iphone. too bad that they have to package the nav with the other safety features. I would rather have the LKAS, CMBS and parking sensors or all around view monitor tham to have the nav.
The following users liked this post:
natgonz (10-24-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Climate

Originally Posted by jimihaha
i have sh-awd tech. I decided for the tech pkg because of the other tech features like blind spot, ldw, fcw, els stereo, rain sensing wipers, song by voice function and 4 doors lock/unlock function but not mainly for the nav. The nav works fine for me but I find the nav on my iphone googlemaps works better. This is the first time that I have a nav in a car and can't really complain. it suits my needs. My friend who has a 2013 Lexus IS250 said that my nav is better than what he has. I have the car for a year now and once you learn how to use the nav features properly, it is ok. the traffic info is not that helpful though, iyou are better off checking googlemaps for traffic updates. I have yet to experience the traffic rerouting function works for me. I initially thought that once you're using the nav, it would reroute you to a street with less traffic. Never worked for me though. But then again, The nav is serving its purpose. nothing fancy but I can live without it and just use my iphone. too bad that they have to package the nav with the other safety features. I would rather have the LKAS, CMBS and parking sensors or all around view monitor tham to have the nav.
I love the NAV, does exactly what I expected it to do.. Don't forget the NAV is integrated into the climatic control,, set it at 70 deg, and regardless of where the sun is, that side of the car stays comfortable.. It is also integrated into your Ventilated Seats and controls the fan speed as well...

2015 MDX SH-AWD-Advanced..
Old 11-15-2014, 01:20 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tech package

Wanted some enlightment on what the tech pack has. i looking to get a 08 or 09 acura rl from dealer but want to know what i am looking for. Can a base car just add a Nav and then be seen as having a tech pack.