2014-2015 Acura MDX OEM LED Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BassAtl
OK. Received and applied the yellow Lamin-X film today, but really would like to adjust the beam up just slightly. Anybody done this DIY and if so, what's the easiest way to access the adjustment screw on the fogs? Thanks.

The tech at the local dealership used the long headed screw driver.
The following users liked this post:
BassAtl (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep....thanks for catching that. Went back through the installation instructions and sure enough, there is a small hole in the bumper trim below the fog light. Just large enough to insert a screw driver through for the purpose of making the adjustment. So, I'll just pick up a long phillips screwdriver and I'll be able to adjust to my satisfaction. Here's another pick that shows the current beam pattern of the fogs a little better. I have to say that, between the jewel LED headlights and the fogs, I really like the lighting package on the MDX. I don't know if the tech made any adjustments to these when they were installed, but they are quite level and even left-to-right.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Instructor

Yep....thanks for catching that. Went back through the installation instructions and sure enough, there is a small hole in the bumper trim below the fog light. Just large enough to insert a screw driver through for the purpose of making the adjustment. So, I'll just pick up a long phillips screwdriver and I'll be able to adjust to my satisfaction. Here's another pick that shows the current beam pattern of the fogs a little better. I have to say that, between the jewel LED headlights and the fogs, I really like the lighting package on the MDX. I don't know if the tech made any adjustments to these when they were installed, but they are quite level and even left-to-right.

Very nice indeed.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 AM
Advanced

Looks like the instruction for installation there is a small hole in the bumper to fit an Philips screw driver to a adjustment screw on the bottom front of the LED fog lights. The last thing you do for the installation is to adjust the height in accordance with local laws.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

Yes, after jayth.lg pointed it out, I went back to the instructions and found the hole. It's still a pain to make the adjustment, though. The beams are similar, but not identical, so I find myself tweaking it a bit, to try and get the most uniform beam I can along the front edge. I'm a little OCD that way.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Instructor

Yes, after jayth.lg pointed it out, I went back to the instructions and found the hole. It's still a pain to make the adjustment, though. The beams are similar, but not identical, so I find myself tweaking it a bit, to try and get the most uniform beam I can along the front edge. I'm a little OCD that way.
I noticed the beams on your MDX are similar to mine, the Driver side is more uniformed than the Passenger.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Intermediate

That's true. When I pull the vehicle up close to the wall to make adjustments to the height of the beam, the driver's side light has more distinct edges top and bottom. Very well defined. The top and bottom edges of the passenger side light are less distinct, leaving a little fuzzy edge on the top and bottom of an otherwise uniform beam. On the ground, though, this distinction is much less noticeable. This makes adjusting them a bit tricky. The left and right lights have different part numbers, so I suppose this could be by design. I have adjusted the beam where I want it now, height-wise, and I'm overall very satisfied with the beam pattern and brightness.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Instructor

That's true. When I pull the vehicle up close to the wall to make adjustments to the height of the beam, the driver's side light has more distinct edges top and bottom. Very well defined. The top and bottom edges of the passenger side light are less distinct, leaving a little fuzzy edge on the top and bottom of an otherwise uniform beam. On the ground, though, this distinction is much less noticeable. This makes adjusting them a bit tricky. The left and right lights have different part numbers, so I suppose this could be by design. I have adjusted the beam where I want it now, height-wise, and I'm overall very satisfied with the beam pattern and brightness.
Could you get the passenger side to look for uniform and well defined like the driver side?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayth.lg
Could you get the passenger side to look for uniform and well defined like the driver side?
Nope, but I ultimately adjusted the beams a little lower, and as they get lower (closer to the vehicle), the horizontal line at the top of the beam becomes more distinct.

I'm sure we are talking about some marginal difference in the lens itself or the position of the LED within the fog light housing, but they are very close in appearance. You really have to be looking for it to notice it.

I'm very pleased overall with the lighting package. The jewel-eye LEDs are fantastic by themselves, but I find the fogs to be a good complement.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Nope, but I ultimately adjusted the beams a little lower, and as they get lower (closer to the vehicle), the horizontal line at the top of the beam becomes more distinct.

I'm sure we are talking about some marginal difference in the lens itself or the position of the LED within the fog light housing, but they are very close in appearance. You really have to be looking for it to notice it.

I'm very pleased overall with the lighting package. The jewel-eye LEDs are fantastic by themselves, but I find the fogs to be a good complement.
That is great to hear
Old 07-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone happen to have the dimensions of the actual foglight / holes used for mounting?
Old 09-05-2015, 12:31 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looking to add fog lights any DIYs on the forum
Old 09-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I have same pattern with my OEMs installed by my dealership. I am sure they are designed to have different light patterns. Off topic: BTW, I love the excellent high beams light output of the headlights, but lows beams seem only average to me. The LED low beams on my wife's '12 Prius v Five are much better. Go figure.