Second Generation TSX Suspension Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any info on OEM spring rates? Trying to figure out if the OEM wagon springs would work on the sedan. I'm going to assume NO.....
Old 02-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,184 Likes on 891 Posts
Originally Posted by g-Know
Any info on OEM spring rates? Trying to figure out if the OEM wagon springs would work on the sedan. I'm going to assume NO.....
The rear will sit much higher.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts
Good post here from Roland in another topic, so I wanted to add it to the thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/tires-w.../#post15678855

Originally Posted by Roland_Bluntzs
KW makes an economy line by the name of ST. They would work great on the street. Especially for the "spirited" part. I had them on a wagon and really liked them. Really good body control combined with ride quality. Idk where you're located. But I'm selling an almost new set of these for cheap.

KW V1's are about the same as the ST ST-X. But the V1's have stainless steel construction and a lifetime warranty.

Tein street advance is another good option...but they are fairly soft. With the damper setting cranked up, you do get a bit more feedback, though. I really like them (on my sedan). It is purely a daily driver. I guess I do some spirited driving with it when I'm bored. The ST's do have a lot more low speed bump/rebound damping to keep the body under control. The Teins kinda lack that even at the higher damper settings. I have had mine for 50K+ miles. They still work and look great.

Tein Street Flex is a little more agressive than the advance....but may be overkill unless you really want to slam the car into the ground as well.

I think H&R makes a street performance coilover for the 2nd gen. The rumor is that the shocks are from Bilstein. It seems like it may be true. They are gas pressure monotube shocks....and they are fairly "expensive" for a height-only adjustable coilover. I may try them in the future because they look like a nice system.....but have not used them yet.

I have bought a lot of coilover systems through thmotorsports.com.

Heeltoe has this stuff as well, and they are another very reputable retailer.
And as far as vendors go, I still like dealing with Excelerate, and they will compete on price too, so definitely inquire with them when shopping around.