Question about my recent winter wheel/tire combo order

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 AM
hcp
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Question about my recent winter wheel/tire combo order

Hi there

Winter is approaching and regardless of weather conditions, I must report to work. Therefore, I decided to run winter tires and I ordered this last night from discount tire direct.

I'm aware that my speedometer might be off by 2.5% which is fine for me. I'm not too crazy about the wheels, they look just ok to me but It's for winter use anyway...

My question is:
Will I have any problems (i.e. fitment or TPMS issues) with the wheels/tires that I ordered?

Thanks in advance,

hcp
Old 10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
I think 205/60/16 would've been the best combo. I believe that's what the Accord Euros come stock with.

What are the model numbers for the TPMS you got?

As long as the wheels are 5x114.3 then you should be fine. I've read good things about those tires. I was gonna order those as well but I passed a promo period for $70 Amex gift card so I got Blizzaks instead.
The following users liked this post:
hcp (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 PM
hcp
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mrstak
I think 205/60/16 would've been the best combo. I believe that's what the Accord Euros come stock with.

What are the model numbers for the TPMS you got?

As long as the wheels are 5x114.3 then you should be fine. I've read good things about those tires. I was gonna order those as well but I passed a promo period for $70 Amex gift card so I got Blizzaks instead.
Thanks for your advise. I actually had to cancel my order because due to four reasons. (1) A bunch of friends told me that snow tires are not really necessary in Northern Jersey and all season tires should be fine. i.e. it doesn't snow everyday, why waste your money, and blah blah....(2) I live in a small apartment and the person who was going to store my stock wheels/tires changed her mind last minute. (3) I wasn't sure why TPMS were so cheap at discount tire direct [$28 a piece] compared to tire rack [$99 a piece]. I can't afford to lose my ability to disable VSA. Last year, I got stuck in the snow a couple times, and disabling VSA was the only way out. (4) I made this purchase last minute and didn't spend much time searching other posts for reviews/opinions/problems.

I see that you mentioned OEM Acura TPMS part #42753-STK-A02/A03/A04 in another post and the price is great and no need to reprogram/reset. I don't know what kind of TPMS I would get from discount tire direct. However, I saw another post in which the guy got his wheels and TMPS from them but had problems, and it was resolved after they were replaced. Apparently, they installed the wrong TPMS. Would getting aftermarket TPMS create this problem? Will they require a dealer reset or reprogramming?

Tire rack recommends 215/60/16. Is it better than 205/60/16?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to make an educated decision.

Thanks in advance!!!