Koni Yellow settings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 08:18 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Koni Yellow settings?

Installing Koni Yellows on my 09 TSX tomorrow along with new shoes and alignment.. Already on Eibach springs with 18" Enkei wheels, 245/40 tires .Old shoes were Conti Extreme Contact. New shoes will be Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL's. What settings do I start with on the Koni's? Not tracking it, just want good performance for aggressive street, twistys and the highway and hopefully a nicer ride than stock was. I've been on the stock shocks for almost 65K miles. I figure I should start at full soft, or somewhere in the middle? Will it ride harder than the stock shocks?
Old 11-16-2020, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
koni yellows have an adjustable setting that you can set; here's what another member did:

Originally Posted by Raphael Francis
How far firm do you have them turned up?

As for the firmness; Before I installed the shocks, I turned the adjuster all the way to the softest settings. I made a mark on the plastic adjustment tool, and on the shock shaft to indicate a full turn. I wanted to know how many turns were available before it stopped. *Don’t force it, when it stops* I think it was about 4 and ¼ - ½ turns from softest to firmest. When I installed the shocks, I set them to 1 ½ turns away from the softest, and test drove it before installing the seats. It was sooo smooth over the bumps, but it bounced too much. I didn’t like how the car handled and stopped. I adjusted them to 1 ½ turns from the firmest, and I am happy with that setting. You might want to play with it a little (that’s what she said) to fine tune it to your liking.

Firmer than factory?

At my setting it was not as firm as stock. With stock shocks, I felt every crack on the road in my back. With these, that does not happen. You will notice the bigger cracks in the road, but it will not annoy you. Even with the crappy Michelin stock tires, they rode, handled, and stopped my better.

How far from max?

1 ½ turns from the firmest.

How many miles were on your factory springs?

My springs were 48K+ miles.