Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
mike!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
uh...... where did you get that logic, my car should appear higher because it has bigger diameter wheels.
Ever seen a supposely 17s car fit 19s without lowering? thats your answer right there.
19s = bigger than 17s, thus giving a bigger wheel gap = higher off the ground on the front.
Because if you did sh!t properly the overall diameter of your wheel should be the same... LOL.
The wheel being closer to the fender though makes you APPEAR lower rather then me just tucking some tire.
I'd measure but my car is in the body shop, actually I wouldn't measure because what's that proving does it make my d!ck bigger? Like I said Tein is known quality and comfort much more then Megan and that's what I was going for on my daily... but regardless I'm selling this POS for a Silverado once it gets back. Jap car's are just horrible quality. I just spent 4 hours driving around in my slammed 1997 Jetta and god i enjoy it so much more then the TSX.. isn't that sad?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
its all subjective really...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Rev Run
Because if you did sh!t properly the overall diameter of your wheel should be the same... LOL.
The wheel being closer to the fender though makes you APPEAR lower rather then me just tucking some tire.
I'd measure but my car is in the body shop, actually I wouldn't measure because what's that proving does it make my d!ck bigger? Like I said Tein is known quality and comfort much more then Megan and that's what I was going for on my daily... but regardless I'm selling this POS for a Silverado once it gets back. Jap car's are just horrible quality. I just spent 4 hours driving around in my slammed 1997 Jetta and god i enjoy it so much more then the TSX.. isn't that sad?
Originally Posted by ttk5
its all subjective really...
+1

By the way, what's wrong with your car Rev?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
rofl, then why bother still going on the forums if you think the TSX is a "POS"? and still ranting and raving about your car even though you ****ed it up? LOL you're actions speak otherwise man.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
sigh...come on guys...there are great japanese cars, american cars, german cars, korean cars, and there are the bad ones as well...like ttk said..all subjective...
Old 01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
all this bull about whose got the bigger dick, i mean whose lower or better ride quality or both...really, kids??

So there are people who are firm believers that a particular brand is the most elite or best, fine. Just remember, what you feel is best in terms of comfort, ride quality, stiffness, adjustability or any characteristic to describe a coilover system is all subjective and unique to each individual.

Personally, I don't like Tein's current offering. As I recall, there is a recommended 'lowest' setting for ride height/preload and that setting is not the lowest setting you can actually adjust them to (why is that, exactly?). They also don't offer their pillowball mounts either. Also, the springs rates for tein, megan, BWR and D2 are a bit low. And I prefer the monotube over twintube shock design. So already, my perspective of what I think and what someone else thinks is a better coilover setup is different.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Instructor

+1

By the way, what's wrong with your car Rev?
I was on my way home from work about 3 weeks ago and this driver was driving like an idiot in front of me (typical holiday times). I wanted to get out of his way but I guess in the time I looked over my shoulder to switch lanes he came to a dead stop... by the time I reacted it wasn't soon enough and I went under his Tundra. 13K in damage, no airbags.

Originally Posted by ed_423
sigh...come on guys...there are great japanese cars, american cars, german cars, korean cars, and there are the bad ones as well...like ttk said..all subjective...
I agree but I have never been in a jap car that really made me feel WOWED.. every jap car I have been in shows high amounts of plastic and road noise... Granted I love the navi and dashboard set up and the exterior aesthetics of the car but I feel like it's still just lacking that final touch every time I hear that rear deck click or have to fiddle with some broken part. I have been so relaxed in this Silverado and I have never been let down by my old jetta, new jetta and BMW.. they all delivered happiness... I've never felt at ease with the TSX.

Originally Posted by Rawesome
rofl, then why bother still going on the forums if you think the TSX is a "POS"? and still ranting and raving about your car even though you ****ed it up? LOL you're actions speak otherwise man.
I could clearly tell you are some immature little fuck just through all your comments in the past 2 pages. But regardless I came into this thread to contribute how I enjoyed my coilovers since that WAS the OP's question. It was when I posted that someone stated "CU2MIKE is lower"... which to be honest who cares who is lower. I simply stated some facts as to why he might appear lower... once again it is all to help the OP in his decisions. Sure I enjoy the car and I am going to try to sell it but if I can't get a decent price I will keep it hence why I am still on here.. but funny thing is this thread is the first time I've been on here in over 2 weeks. Anyway I also come on here to look at all the problems threads to I know I'm not the only one with stupid sh!t breaking... does that answer your question moron?
Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Burning Brakes

If your car has 13K in damages, couldn't you just ask your insurance to total the car?
are there damages to the frame? That could be good grounds to have them total it I'm sure.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
eh, i guess i instigated some unnecessary things, but really now? do you honestly think what you said makes you any more mature? please, you stated that you highly doubt that mike was lower than you, and i just begged to differ, that was it.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Instructor

If your car has 13K in damages, couldn't you just ask your insurance to total the car?
are there damages to the frame? That could be good grounds to have them total it I'm sure.
Must be a clear shot over 75% and book is $28K so not a chance in hell... there was absolutely no frame damage.. it was all replaceable cosmetic panels and a rad support along with radiator and a few other things... Headlights alone were $660 EA.

Originally Posted by Rawesome
eh, i guess i instigated some unnecessary things, but really now? do you honestly think what you said makes you any more mature? please, you stated that you highly doubt that mike was lower than you, and i just begged to differ, that was it.
I do think what I said was more mature, but yet here we go with you opening up another pissing match. At this point you should just learn to let it go. Anyway I did stated "I doubt he is lower then me because to my knowledge all the coils had the same drop-ability and clearly I think if I did measure I would come out about the same. And no I wouldnt measure to make my ego feel better or not do I care who is lower because I am happy with where my car is now but I would measure just for the community to have a reference when they are further shopping.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
hey rev,

are you going to sell your Tein SS? if so, how much?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
does the megan and tein basic include shocks?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by defconskylude
hey rev,

are you going to sell your Tein SS? if so, how much?
If I sell the car.. nah I'm going to raise them up and trade it in or sell it like that.. It's too much work to put the stock suspension back in and my time is worth more then the $600 I could get for them.

Well I would hope the coilover system comes with the shock considering the shock body is the threaded portion to adjust your height..
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rev Run
Must be a clear shot over 75% and book is $28K so not a chance in hell... there was absolutely no frame damage.. it was all replaceable cosmetic panels and a rad support along with radiator and a few other things... Headlights alone were $660 EA.
Ouch, that sucks. I believe it's more than 50% of what the car's worth here in Cali. 75% is a little too much IMO.
lol, of course it does. "Coilover" is the whole set, and sometimes it works out to be cheaper than springs +struts (shocks) combo, plus it's ride height adjustable.
Coilover is also cheaper to install from what I've heard since the springs are already compressed, all the installer has to do is drop the oem suspension then install the coilover.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Ouch, that sucks. I believe it's more than 50% of what the car's worth here in Cali. 75% is a little too much IMO.

lol, of course it does. "Coilover" is the whole set, and sometimes it works out to be cheaper than springs +struts (shocks) combo, plus it's ride height adjustable.
Coilover is also cheaper to install from what I've heard since the springs are already compressed, all the installer has to do is drop the oem suspension then install the coilover.
I know, I wish it would have been totaled... but I look on the bright side my front end paint will be acrylic and not this water based orange peeled garbage haha.

Also regarding the coilovers you still need to take apart the stock shocks and springs in order to use the upper mounts (at least with my Teins you did) I believe the Megan's may come pre-assembled.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
^ Damn Rev, I wish I saw you selling those Teins earlier ):