tsx windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx windshield wipers

Biggest problem I have with my '06 tsx is the windshield wipers -- the passenger side wiper ALWAYS SKIPS and makes noise. I've had my dealer replace the wipers a number of times (first time was free within a year after I bought the car and complained; since then I have paid each time) which fixes the problem for about one day and then it starts up again. Highly annoying, to the point where it's dangerous since I prefer not to turn on the wipers. My dealer doesn't have much to say when I tell them this is my one big complaint. I feel it's a design flaw because of the angle of the wiper arm. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
5th Gear

I don't have that problem but with a '10 tsx. I had something similar problem with an old civic. I just used rain-x and actually liked it. Just for rain of course. Good Luck
Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chrisjena
Biggest problem I have with my '06 tsx is the windshield wipers -- the passenger side wiper ALWAYS SKIPS and makes noise. I've had my dealer replace the wipers a number of times (first time was free within a year after I bought the car and complained; since then I have paid each time) which fixes the problem for about one day and then it starts up again. Highly annoying, to the point where it's dangerous since I prefer not to turn on the wipers. My dealer doesn't have much to say when I tell them this is my one big complaint. I feel it's a design flaw because of the angle of the wiper arm. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
Mine would sometimes do that. I bought better wiper blades, Valeo Ultimates, and they are great. Not sure if it will help you but worth a try.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Skipping wiper blade

One possible cause is a change in the surface friction/micro-texture of the glass that interacts badly with the characteristics of the OEM wiper blade. This can happen from invisible traces of silicon-containing products, mineral deposits, etc. I would try applying the original Rain-X product as a test. If it helps then you can either keep using it, or try one of the products designed to remove mineral deposits from glass and see if you get a longer lasting benefit. AND, of course, you can try a different brand of blade. Yes, the basic arm design may play a part, but you can't change that as easily as you can the blade and the slipperiness of the glass surface (at least for a couple months per treatment).
Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Almost Doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've read about a bunch of people having this issue. I use Bosch Microedge wipers and have never had this issue until I did a hand wash/wax at one of those DIY power carwash places. The wipers were chattering like crazy until I got out my "Invisible Glass" glass cleaner and went to town on the windshield. Never heard chattering again!