Stuck Open Fuel Injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Stuck Open Fuel Injector

My wife was leaving local grocery store yesterday and TSX ran poorly, missing and stalled in parking lot. She tried to restart but could only get intermittent turn-over of engine. Sometimes no turn-over at all. Starter could be heard engaging. I had car towed home.

I verified engine would intermittently turn over but stop like engine was binding. I thought I had a broken timing chain and bent valves.

This morning I removed valve cover and spark plugs to turn engine over by hand. Valve gaps were good and timing chain appeared intact. Engine turned easily and got huge gush of gasoline from #2 cylinder. No other cylinders showed any gas. I removed #2 fuel injector and found it stuck in open position. I could blow air through w/ compressed air rubber nozzle to end. I've order a replacement fuel injector for the #2. It

Hopefully the hydraulic #2 cylinder lock due to fuel did not damage connecting rod or crankshaft. There were numerous hits from attempted starts.

Not sure what would cause this problem. Any thoughts? Injector resistance was 10 ohms.

Regards
Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Engine was not damaged, but restart after new FI was difficult due to accumulation of gasoline in exhaust system (back pressure). It finally started and ran w/ large volume of white gas smelling smoke.

Engine runs fine after some driving. LTFT is running -10% and STFT -10 to --15% suggesting a balance problem w/ new #2 injector and 3 older injectors. A FI cleaning is planned.

regards