Fog light bulb replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Fog light bulb replacement...

Sorry - I searched my azz off?! There was a thread about this and how you had get under the car and release some covering ..only to be contradicted by someone saying; "It's only one screw." I cannot find that screw. Perhaps someone could direct me. Thanks.

Jim
Old 01-09-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
I sort of addressed how to get at the fog lights when I replaced the whole assemblies. Check out the pictures and works here and see if it helps:

https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr.../#post15605318

Briefly:

1) You should be able to get access to the bulbs from the bottom of the car, right in front of the wheels. There is a little access panel held closed with four of the pop-clips (aka. Honda Bitch Clips).
2) Once you get that open you can reach in and pull out the bulb. I don't recall if you need to disconnect the harness from the bulb first, or if they'll both come out through the panel together.
3) Installation is the reverse.

Notes:
- The bitch clips can be difficult to remove if they get all dirty and gritty. They earn their name for sure.
- Do the passenger side first. It is easier and totally accessible.
- The driver side has the resonator smack dab in the middle of where you're trying to work. Do the pass side first so you know how it all goes inside the bumper and it'll make the driver side easier to do by feel.
- Look at how the bulb is in place in the housing. You might need to work blind on the driver side because of the obstruction.

Oh, and good luck. Just get under there and take a peek. It's pretty intuitive actually once you get in there.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Merci - CU. I shall find a lift.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Unless you're slammed, you don't need a lift.

Totally accessible from the ground.

Those pics I took are laying on my side and reaching up in there. Not the most comfortable place so toss down a blanket or something, but you can get it.