Excessive noise and vibrations in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excessive noise and vibrations in cabin

Hello

I have a 2010 TSX base 4cyl auto
I have symptoms of a bad motor mount but I replaced them and there's been no improvement. I have a feeling I need transmission mounts as well, but are there any other common issues to look at before I start throwing parts at it?

Thank you
Old 11-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Did you install OEM mounts? I've heard of aftermarket mounts giving poor results; vibration.

Suggest checking for exhaust leaks which can cause difficult to recognize noise.

good luck
Old 11-29-2017, 11:43 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Did you install OEM mounts? I've heard of aftermarket mounts giving poor results; vibration.

Suggest checking for exhaust leaks which can cause difficult to recognize noise.

good luck
No I used aftermarket, I understand they can cause vibrations, but it didn't change the original vibrations at all.

I went ahead and ordered the hydraulic trans mount (upper.) The noise and vibes reminds me of my 8th gen civic when the front hydraulic motor mount went bad. I used aftermarket for that as well and it made a world of difference. Hopefully this fixes my issue. I'll also check the exhaust hangers when I get it up on jacks or ramps.

Will update when I install it. In the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them, in case this doesn't resolve it, but I will probably just take it to my mechanic to diagnose before throwing any more parts at it.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:25 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I used to put the car in drive, hold the brake and gently rev the engine (power braking) with someone watching the engine, often would show the excessive movement. Never tried it on the TSX