Driver's Side Seat Cushion Design Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's Side Seat Cushion Design Problem

You may want to check the drivers side seat cusion. On the side nearest the console there is a clip that seems to hold the seat cusion in position. I've had problems from day one with mine and I purchased my car 2 days after it was released. You can take a hold of the front cusion and lift it right up.

My car has been back to the dealer 5 times for them to fic it. I think 3 times they just atached the clip again, the 4th time they ordered a part (I have no idea what they ordered) the 5th time they replaced the bottom seat cushion. It seems to be a design problem because I've nver had the problem with the passengers seat and I don't see a clip on the passenger side.

I asked the dealer if any one else has had the problem and the service manager said no. I asked if they had checked with any other TSX's they have to see if there was a problem with them and I was told no they hadn't checked anything. Yesterday the cushion was replaced and the loaner I had was another TSX and I noticed that it had the same seat problem.

When you are in the seat you don't notice any movement but who knows what might happen if you get whacked in an accident. The way the clip is attached when you sit on the seat it is going to push the seat down and probably push the clip off.

I know people have had problems with the clip before but they will replace the seat.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Instructor

I re-installed mine about a month ago. Push down on the cushion with your left hand, and with the right hand finger tips against the clip, slide it down and it snaps right in. I think it is getting uncliped with your thigh pushing down on your seat, like when you reach back to get your wallet when in the seat and you pull your butt up to retrieve it. I don't think there is a safety issue with it.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Racer

werd it happens to mine all the time I just re-clip it...no big deal i dont think
Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catman
You may want to check the drivers side seat cusion. On the side nearest the console there is a clip that seems to hold the seat cusion in position. I've had problems from day one with mine and I purchased my car 2 days after it was released. You can take a hold of the front cusion and lift it right up.

My car has been back to the dealer 5 times for them to fic it. I think 3 times they just atached the clip again, the 4th time they ordered a part (I have no idea what they ordered) the 5th time they replaced the bottom seat cushion. It seems to be a design problem because I've nver had the problem with the passengers seat and I don't see a clip on the passenger side.

I asked the dealer if any one else has had the problem and the service manager said no. I asked if they had checked with any other TSX's they have to see if there was a problem with them and I was told no they hadn't checked anything. Yesterday the cushion was replaced and the loaner I had was another TSX and I noticed that it had the same seat problem.

When you are in the seat you don't notice any movement but who knows what might happen if you get whacked in an accident. The way the clip is attached when you sit on the seat it is going to push the seat down and probably push the clip off.

I know people have had problems with the clip before but they will replace the seat.

I had this problem after a month after getting my TSX. Took it to the dealer and they took the seat out and secured the strap down. Now it doesn't come off any more.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Advanced

Also had this problem. Looked down one day and the clips were showing. Dealer re-attached it and I haven't had any more problems... with that at least
Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
My fata$$ knocks the front inside clip off occasionally. I just clip it back in & it's good for a while, no biggie.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Advanced

I agree it isn't a big issue, but why is there no clip on the passenger seat???? The new seat bottom that was replaced is a little different and you can't budge the clip. Just seems odd to me if it isn't that big of a deal then why did Acura replace the seat bottom. The cost would've been over $625 if I had to foot the bill. Anyway you look at it this shouldn't happen, it is definitely a design flaw.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman
I agree it isn't a big issue, but why is there no clip on the passenger seat???? The new seat bottom that was replaced is a little different and you can't budge the clip. Just seems odd to me if it isn't that big of a deal then why did Acura replace the seat bottom. The cost would've been over $625 if I had to foot the bill. Anyway you look at it this shouldn't happen, it is definitely a design flaw.
It does seem like a waste to replace the whole bottom as opposed to a revised clip. Seats aren't available as an assembly, but rather separate pieces like you experienced on yours. I bet they need to send back the faulty bottom to the vendor who made it in order to receive credit. If it gets to where it annoys me I'll ask my dealer to recitfy it on my next trip.