Anyone have this Problem with their Tech Package Audio?? Driving me NUTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone have this Problem with their Tech Package Audio?? Driving me NUTS!!

Hello Everyone,
I just got this car almost 2 months ago and it's a TSX with the Technology Package. Love the Car besides the following:
Now that the weather has started getting better, I've noticed this problem... Which to me is MAJOR!
Weather is Nice... I drive with my Windows Down & Stereo Up as to compensate for Wind/Road Noise. I love listening to Progressive House/Tech House/Ambient/Electronic type of Music. I have it usually between 28-40 as per the Volume. 40 is the Max allowed. When I drive for about 1 hour 'ALL' the Speakers Cut Out... than a few seconds later are back and normal... than Cut Out Again..!! This keeps happening until I either stop the car & turn the whole car off. Than Ignition it to start again.
I listen from my CD's mostly, some are MP3 CD's, sometimes XM. Doesn't matter for what the Source is. What can this be?!? It's a Brand New Acura TSX?!?
I've heard so many good things about the ELS system... Could this be an Issue with the Amplifier that powers all the Speakers?!? Is it a single Amplifier or does each speaker have it's own, sort of like the Bose system I used to have in my Audi.??
PLEASE HELP?!? I can't be dealing with this... as this is a MAJOR Deal Breaker for me... I LOVE MUSIC!!!!

-AgentX

Last edited by agentX; 05-15-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
There is one multi-channel (7 to be exact) amp that powers all the speakers. It sounds very much like the amp is shutting down due to high temperature from playing at max level over a long period. I would bring it back to the dealer and tell them about the cutting out and ask them to change the amp. It should be able to play all day at max without cutting out.

Jeff
Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deff sounds like a over heated amp i am not sure where its located but it seems like the safety is kicking in and shutting down before melt down acura will prolly tell u that its due to playing it too loud thats what they say about me blowing speakers (i have the tech pkgs too) and i ahve takin it in 3 times for speakers being blown they told me that 40 is max and its not ment to be that high (so i reinformed him that if it goes to 40 i will play it at 40 if the car drives 160mph i will be on a track useing every bit of cart that i bought and that will not change lol which backfired in my face they took it as i was being rude not stating a fact so i had to go to another dealer just tell them after playing it about 32-35 on a road trip it shuts down and come back a few mins later like nothing ever happened they will prolly need the car for a few days but they should fix it no hassle)

just my 2 cents