2010 V6 Squeaky Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 V6 Squeaky Seat

This really pisses me off. My '02 S-Type had a wicked squeak in it. They issued a Service Bulletin for it and I had it back to the dealer several times to get it fixed. Something about the seat belt bracket. They never did get it right. And now I'm hearing one in my year old V6. Only this time it seems to be coming from deep in the center of the back rest. Like maybe something to do with the active head rest mechanism.

Anybody else hear this yet?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a click/squeak coming from the upper side bolster on the passenger seat. I told the dealership and they took the seat appart and added adhesive backed felt to the frame of the seat. The click/squeak is now gone.

I'd check with your dealer and go from there.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same issue with my '10 TSX V6 Tech and was told that there was nothing that could be done. It is a known issue and there is no fix at the present time. This was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I ditched this problem car and traded it for a '11 TL Tech and couldn't be happier!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bcart
I had the same issue with my '10 TSX V6 Tech and was told that there was nothing that could be done. It is a known issue and there is no fix at the present time. This was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I ditched this problem car and traded it for a '11 TL Tech and couldn't be happier!
Wow! So, they just threw in the towel...that sucks.
What other problems did you have with the V6?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tvac
Front rotors were warped at 12,000 miles; rear brake pads had to be replaced at 15,000; wedges had to be installed for rear-end creaking noise (TSB); steering wheel cover had to be replaced b/c of buzzing noise; cracked fog light; poor paint quality (chipping); whistling noise when accelerating; just lots of squeaks and rattles in general. I've never had a car for such a short amount of time with so many issues. I think I drove more loaner vehicles than my own car during the one year that I owned it.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tvac
Oh, and the outside passenger door handle had to be replaced (TSB) because it was sticking. Passengers would try to open the door, which was unlocked, but when the handle was pulled it was like the door was still locked.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Racer

Front rotors were warped at 12,000 miles; rear brake pads had to be replaced at 15,000; wedges had to be installed for rear-end creaking noise (TSB); steering wheel cover had to be replaced b/c of buzzing noise; cracked fog light; poor paint quality (chipping); whistling noise when accelerating; just lots of squeaks and rattles in general. I've never had a car for such a short amount of time with so many issues. I think I drove more loaner vehicles than my own car during the one year that I owned it.
Sounds like you really got a lemon. So far I've only had the seat squeak. I'm convinced that most rotor warping problems are due to excessive or uneven lug nut torque.

Sure hope you have better luck your new TL.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
sorry to hear of all those problems-The paint is lousy-chips easy, the foglights also crack easy. I have rockblocker on mine. The foglights on my 06 tsx cracked within the first 6 months. The dealer replaced them free as a one-time goodwill. Thought they would change the material used for them. Still have the original brakes. Have 121,000+miles on it. Love it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Racer

Just wondering if anyone is still having this problem? My '09 TSX is at the dealer for this any a few other things right now (it has been making the noise for a long time, I've just been too lazy to take it in). They are replacing the side bolster they said (that seems to be where the noise is coming from). Car has been there since Tuesday, hoping to get it back tomorrow. Fingers crossed that their fix worked...
Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kristy7911
Just wondering if anyone is still having this problem? My '09 TSX is at the dealer for this any a few other things right now (it has been making the noise for a long time, I've just been too lazy to take it in). They are replacing the side bolster they said (that seems to be where the noise is coming from). Car has been there since Tuesday, hoping to get it back tomorrow. Fingers crossed that their fix worked...
What sort of noises are your seats making? I posted a thread wondering about the location of a metallic twang or spring noise when going over bumps at highway speeds. Someone suggested that it could be the side bolster. Thanks for you input.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have this problem too... squeaks a lot in cold weather... in hot or warm it doesn't seem to happen. I'm definately getting it checked next time it's due for service
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Racer

I know its been awhile, but it was a loud squeaking anytime someone in the passenger seat would lean at all towards the left. The dealership ended up replacing the foam (?) inside the seat back) and it seemed to fix the problem, no squeaking since.