2009 TSX timing chain problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 TSX timing chain problems

Today I went to change the timing chain tensioner. I rotated the crank counter clockwise until the arm on the tensioner lined up with the hole and stuck a pick in the hole to lock it in place. Removed the two bolts and the tensioner. I then installed the new tensioner and the two mounting bolts and removed the pin from the tensioner arm/hole. After this i proceeded to rotate the crank clockwise to check for proper operation of the tensioner assembly only to find that the crank rotation was not rotating the timing chain/cams. is it possible that when the timing chain was slack that it slipped off of the crank sprocket? Based on pictures of the lower guide it doesnt appear that this could even happen. If it is the case then i believe i have bought myself into removing the timing cover and completely resetting the timing. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
If camshaft isn't turning, no option but to open the timing cover and see what happened. Might as well install new timing chain and guides while open.

good luck