DIY custom mugen grill replica to fit the OEM bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:32 PM
Drifting

DIY custom mugen grill replica to fit the OEM bumper.

DIY custom mugen grill to fit the OEM bumper.

I want to see how this would look like if I'm able to create a mugen replica grill that will fit my OEM bumper. The design is fairly simple. I just have to figure out how to mount it.

i will scuplt the styrofoam this weekend and take pics of course

Old 06-08-2010 | 01:35 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

any pics of the whoel car?

i think if you make this successfully, it will look pretty good!
Old 06-08-2010 | 01:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Here you go Ed

Old 06-08-2010 | 04:28 PM
Instructor

How about finishing one project first? Now you are working on two diffrent lips and grill? Why not finish one with quality. All your projects are quality missing. The answer"DIY is cheap" is not right. What is a purpose of having something ugly because its cheap? In exchange I would prefer to have one perfect quality detail instead of five DIY. As I said months ago, you still dont have any idea how your car should look. All you do is just add random s$%t from ebay. What I dont understand is that I have seen your old car somewhere here, and it was very good looking, now you do this. I suspect your old car was bought by you already build by someone else. Please understand I have no right to tell you what to do, because its your car, your money and your time, I just dont want to lie to you. Other forum users will applause this but try to ask them that you will do it for free to their cars, Im sure there will be silence. Ehhhhh. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:56 PM
Drifting

How about finishing one project first? Now you are working on two diffrent lips and grill? Why not finish one with quality. All your projects are quality missing. The answer"DIY is cheap" is not right. What is a purpose of having something ugly because its cheap? In exchange I would prefer to have one perfect quality detail instead of five DIY. As I said months ago, you still dont have any idea how your car should look. All you do is just add random s$%t from ebay. What I dont understand is that I have seen your old car somewhere here, and it was very good looking, now you do this. I suspect your old car was bought by you already build by someone else. Please understand I have no right to tell you what to do, because its your car, your money and your time, I just dont want to lie to you. Other forum users will applause this but try to ask them that you will do it for free to their cars, Im sure there will be silence. Ehhhhh. Good luck.
oh man not you again!?!?! seriously?

i will finish the first project. i just wanted to get these ideas down for constructive criticism before i forget about them. i understand quality isnt there yet because im still NEW at working with fiberglass and designing. dont expect a newbie to get quality parts down on their first try. it'll take a lot of time for the quality to get there and im willing to make mistakes to enhance my skills moving forward. youre talking as if im some sort of professional body kit maker. i am NOT a professional body kit maker and i dont do this full time.

you shouldve just stopped after talking about working the quality.

now for the rest of your lame opinions.

i have no idea why you have high expectations on anything i do. you obviously hate everything i do to my car, even though its not yours. you constantly bash my threads because it either doesnt look like your car or other cars with OEM equipment on it. i dont need to understand what youre saying because i really dont care anymore.

also what random s$%t from ebay are you talking about? the roof spoiler and m3 lip spoiler? those were available pieces that actually looked good without breaking the wallet and being able to look different. get off your high horse man.

are you talking about my old prelude? i bought that myself and fixed it up myself. no one else built it. i was inspired by other prelude builds to make that. quit making assumptions.

you already know that the aftermarket parts for our 2nd gens is extremely lacking. of course i didnt know what my car would look like because there wasnt much out there. thats why those mini projects were just experiments. OEM, modulo and mugen were the only body parts that were available but theres no way in hell i would spend $500-$1500 on those pieces when i can make something on my own for pennies on the dollar. if it makes you feel better spending that money on brand name and quality, do it. even if it raises yourself higher on your horse to look down on me. i really dont care.

im able to create my own unique body pieces and call it my own.

why do you assume i would even consider doing these custom pieces for free for other TSX owners. are you kidding? these custom projects costs a lot of my time and money. i really had no idea whats your point with that asinine comment except to put me down even more.

its either i keep these original pieces to myself as "one of a kind" parts or i can outsource and resell them for a profit. even if i can make them high quality and put them on ebay, at least other TSX owners can have a better idea of how their car would look. why wait for someone else to make aftermarket parts when i have some time and money to take the lead myself.

again you obviously dont like my builds so why bother posting? the DIY threads i create is to give some sort of inspiration for others to make the decision themselves whether to follow or not.

you need to stop posting on my threads because its seriously tiring and youre annoying.

your opinions provide no value to me. and dont say good luck to me when you obviously dont mean it.

Last edited by defconskylude; 06-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2010 | 05:56 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

thanks tech. that looks good
Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Here you go Ed

Old 06-08-2010 | 06:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by born2blaze
Finally someone speaks and I totally agree. Although everyone has their own taste, take this as some legit criticism
Old 06-08-2010 | 06:41 PM
Drifting

yea ill stop posting pictures of all my DIY projects until im finished with all of them.

thanks guys.
Old 06-08-2010 | 08:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Supreme
Finally someone speaks and I totally agree. Although everyone has their own taste, take this as some legit criticism
re-read the tone of how he's talking to me.
how can i take that as legit criticism?
Old 06-08-2010 | 08:42 PM
Drifting

born2blaze,
next time id rather you just PM me with your criticism
Old 06-08-2010 | 08:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

good luck with this build. do you think you'll be using carbon fiber? or use a wrap? maybe you can get a hold of a honda civic grille or something similar to it and do a mold of that and then customize it from there?
Old 06-08-2010 | 09:18 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

although some of your diyi are not my taste, def. have respect for trying new things with new ideas, i'd never be able to do those things. and some of your ideas turned out VERY nicely (ie exhaust tips)

and although some of your diy are not liked by everyone, i think it gives the 2nd gen community a variety of ideas. some might have similar ideas as you but do not have the skills to do what you do. seeing what you do, and anyone who modded their tsx, inspires me to mod my car and gives me ideas on what to do with mine in the near future. so i say...go for it and good luck!
Old 06-08-2010 | 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Defcon, just keep doing what you like, it's your car. Not all your DIY stuff appeals to me, but that's OK. I admire your creativity.

Remember born2blaze is from Poland, so his English communication skill may be more blunt than what he's actually thinking. My kids are in French Immersion classes here in Canada, I'm sure my lame attempt in French would be quite insulting to other French speaking people.
Old 06-08-2010 | 11:02 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
good luck with this build. do you think you'll be using carbon fiber? or use a wrap? maybe you can get a hold of a honda civic grille or something similar to it and do a mold of that and then customize it from there?
thanks. i wont be using carbon fiber. its too expensive. its the same thing as layering the fiberglass mat. i can use the wrap but ideally id want to paint match it at the end. i can always get a hold of an existing grill and modify/add from there. it can be done the same with using an existing front lip and modifying it from there.
Old 06-08-2010 | 11:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ed_423
although some of your diyi are not my taste, def. have respect for trying new things with new ideas, i'd never be able to do those things. and some of your ideas turned out VERY nicely (ie exhaust tips)

and although some of your diy are not liked by everyone, i think it gives the 2nd gen community a variety of ideas. some might have similar ideas as you but do not have the skills to do what you do. seeing what you do, and anyone who modded their tsx, inspires me to mod my car and gives me ideas on what to do with mine in the near future. so i say...go for it and good luck!
im okay with people not liking the diy projects. also im fine with the criticisms. its just that born2blaze and lifedies just takes it to another level where its not really necessary to keep pushing buttons.
Old 06-08-2010 | 11:08 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Defcon, just keep doing what you like, it's your car. Not all your DIY stuff appeals to me, but that's OK. I admire your creativity.

Remember born2blaze is from Poland, so his English communication skill may be more blunt than what he's actually thinking. My kids are in French Immersion classes here in Canada, I'm sure my lame attempt in French would be quite insulting to other French speaking people.
thanks

yea i know that's he from poland. i was thinking what kind of person talks like that. just talk normal and ill listen.
Old 06-08-2010 | 11:49 PM
Advanced

def, I think the size will be too small... the Accord 24sc concept front bumper is way bigger than the OEM bumper... Not sure will it looks good if you make the grill bigger
Old 06-11-2010 | 11:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by born2blaze
Agreed 100%
Old 06-11-2010 | 11:32 AM

Defcon, keep doing what you're doing.
Old 06-11-2010 | 03:25 PM
Advanced

Please continue to do what do man!
Old 06-11-2010 | 03:43 PM
Instructor

If you post your shit on the internet you should be prepared for negative feedback. Defcon, you need to thicken the skin there, brutha.

Oh, and.....barf.

Just kidding, if you could get the front of your car to look like that picture above, that would be fkn sweet. But i have a feeling it'll come out looking more like a cross of Sloth from the goonies and Mickey Rourke in the Wrestler than the awesomeness that is that picture above.

Last edited by GrigioX; 06-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2010 | 04:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GrigioX
If you post your shit on the internet you should be prepared for negative feedback. Defcon, you need to thicken the skin there, brutha.

Oh, and.....barf.

Just kidding, if you could get the front of your car to look like that picture above, that would be fkn sweet. But i have a feeling it'll come out looking more like a cross of Sloth from the goonies and Mickey Rourke in the Wrestler than the awesomeness that is that picture above.
i am prepared for the negative feedback.

there's some negative feedback that i can respect and do take into consideration like in my past projects.

then there's some that's just plain shit talking

judge me later when everything is done. ill do the best i can to make it look good.

btw your barfs dont bug me at all.

Last edited by defconskylude; 06-11-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2010 | 07:44 AM
"its black"

Defcon just keep doin what your doin man! I love this bumper, and if you can translate it that would be epic mate!