07 TSX vs 09 TSX comparison *LOTS of Pictures*

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mokos23
have no clue where popular creek golf course is, is that right by 290? boy maybe sometime i should visit Woodfield Acura even if McGrath is nearer to where i live
The golf course is about a mile west down higgins road. The salesman at Woodfield Acura were not "pushy" at all, they didnt expect us to buy right then and there.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe if i buy another acura, i may go there. not sure yet
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Racer

do the bulges on the headlights serve a purpose? I wonder....
Old 05-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

I want to see it in red
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by RyanCHICL
The golf course is about a mile west down higgins road. The salesman at Woodfield Acura were not "pushy" at all, they didnt expect us to buy right then and there.

Don't buy from Muller, they tried to screw me over on new brakes years ago.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Love my TSX!

I Am New Here

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
No clue, i didnt check the sticker.

Sorry for the quality of pictures, it was getting dark out.
Hi,thanks for posting the pics! I went to the dealership to check it out.I think the first gen looks "simpler" next to the new one.I HATE that strip on the door.I dont think they made any improvements on the leather.I baby my car along so it looks perfect but i know if I keep it longer the leather will age.I think i will trade in my 06 possibly the end of 09 cause i hardly have any equity in the car.I dont want a big car payment.Ok the car takes some getting used to..I want to see this car in Black..I think this car looks better in a darker color to offset that big nose..I have a feeling what they will do is make the car a little more powerfull for the 2010 model.Ill have to wait cause my 06 still feels new to me..Im jealous of those that can get an 09 I love my tsx though.I like the simpler lines of the grill..Its classier IMO..I never was crazy about the back lights in the first gen..If you compare both cars the back on the old one looks boring.Anyway the pics are awesome,its nice to compare..
Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Does the 09 TSX has LED Tail lights?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:38 AM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by Cari06TSX
I HATE that strip on the door.
????

Is That the door strip from the accessory brochure? I would have the dealer take that off.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Yeah I know there service department isnt the greatest. I know they charge $80 for an oil change for the TL. I dont know if all Acura dealers charge that much but thats way too expensive.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
$80 for an oil change? I hope they use synthetic at least. Even with my $22 for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 and $5 for the filter and washer and 20 minutes of my time changing it, a $50 profit for a dealer is too much. Anyone who pays $80 for an oil change deserves to be fleeced.

It makes me feel good knowing that I only need to take my car in for an timing belt change and alignments
Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
^ Close enough, 3inches isnt much. What was the length of the 1st gen tsx?

Anyone notice that sexy Mazda3?
I did...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
I appreciate seeing the 09 TSX next to the 07 TSX and TL...thanks for the pics. I see a lot of Altima below the beltline of the new design, but overall it's a nice aggressive update to the '04-08 TSX. Like the rest of you though, the grill is an eyesore that I'm not sure will get better as time passes...

Regarding the interior, I personally like the 1st gens...it's cleaner and I way prefer the closer touch-screen nav to the dial. Just my .

Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by dlee74
The bulges on the Accord are even bigger so you'd think they'd serve a purpose. Yet the Asian version of the same Accord does not have those bulges. So they're their for "style" only on that model so I'd guess the same holds true of the TSX.

Only part of the Accord sedan I hate.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanCHICL
Yeah I know there service department isnt the greatest. I know they charge $80 for an oil change for the TL. I dont know if all Acura dealers charge that much but thats way too expensive.
Just as a counterpoint Muller's service department has been fantastic for me. Never been charged $80 for just an oil change. When I got a cargo net installed they quoted me 1 hour for the install. I went out while it was being installed, so I didn't keep track of time that well. When I called about 2 hours later they said it was just being finished up and they waived the entire install fee because they went over their quoted time, even though I didn't mind at all. They've done other nice little things too, and have always treated me in the manner I'd expect of a luxury car dealer.

Service can be hit-or-miss sometimes. You may have just dealt with a bad rep. There's enough employee turnover that a "new guy" who learned to deal with people the wrong way at another dealership may be hurting the image of the entire dealer. For anyone who's had service issues at any dealership I'd advise bringing your concerns to the management before giving up.

(FYI, I'm not now nor have I ever been associated with Muller's... just a satisfied customer.)
Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dlee74
From closeups it sure looks like the turn signal light is refracted by the bulge, so it does double duty (?). Not that the 1st gen signal is in-btween the headlamps, in '09 it's outboard.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xenonhid
Does the 09 TSX has LED Tail lights?

Sadly, no. I wonder what Acura was thinking when they choose to use incandescent bulbs.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prballard....don't feel bad, I am with you too. I do prefer the overall change brought on by the 09 versus my 2006 model. I know that no car designer can please everyone so we can't let our individual tastes dictate to Honda how to design their cars. That being said, it is pretty clear that very few are in love with its front grill so maybe some changes will occur there, I doubt it thought. I fo one put an order for an 09 TSX in PWP with the body kit and I am very excited to get it. I took it for a test drive and there was more plus than minus for the new design (both inside and out) and if I wait for the perfect car, well, I'll need to cross the pearly gate before that happens! Look on the bright, there are MUCH worse cars than the 09 TSX out there and SO MANY would die to have the chance to even afford them After what I saw with the coming TL, I am GLAD to have ordered a TSX (that is all I can say as I promised the little bird to secrecy
Old 05-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Racer

Oh...I must say that the thing that BUGS me the most about the 09 TSX is that they left out the nice plastic wheel well in the back....I mean come on!! GRrrr Thats going to be such a pain to keep really dark and clean (unless you spray paint the inside once in a while).

Do any of you guys know if there are aftermarket items like that?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 09TSX
Oh...I must say that the thing that BUGS me the most about the 09 TSX is that they left out the nice plastic wheel well in the back....I mean come on!! GRrrr Thats going to be such a pain to keep really dark and clean (unless you spray paint the inside once in a while).

Do any of you guys know if there are aftermarket items like that?

I find it amusing how they did an excellent job with the plastic on the door (there is very little exposed metal on the inside of the door), but they decided to exclude a simple rear wheel well piece.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Racer

Maybe they needed to recycle the plastic and only had so much to work with...because the funny thing is if you look close, there is a tiny platic wheel well cover that goes one quarter of the way behind the rear tires. I can just imagine the designers saying..."shit, we ran out of plastic...." and the big voice comes on.... "good enough, at least we had enough for our doors" *laughing*
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Instructor

^^

Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Love my TSX!

Originally Posted by prballard
????

Is That the door strip from the accessory brochure? I would have the dealer take that off.
Hi,sorry I took so long to respond.There is like a black strip on the door elbow rest.I saw it with the gray interior.Thought it looked ugly.No improvent in the leather.If i bought a new one id get a black interior to go with the ugly black strip.I wasnt aware you could take that off..I have to stop coming in here,im getting jealous cause i want a newer model,lol
Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Nom-nom-nom!!!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Finally sat in the 09 TSX and I love the interior, especially the steering wheel. I wonder if that would fit in a 1st Gen TSX?

I still can't get over the front end and huge wheel arches. Oh, and those stock rims are wack...
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The 06-08 CL9 is a nicely executed car for a FF 4-banger sedan. I liked them enough to buy one new myself a couple years ago.

The 09 on the other hand...hell no. Bad.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Just02
Sadly, no. I wonder what Acura was thinking when they choose to use incandescent bulbs.
I know, BMW has been doing that since like what? 2004?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down

2009 Car model saying its luxury, but still no LED tail lights.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM

LED != "luxury car."

IMHO, LED headlights indicates "toy." I was behind an Ifiniti or Lexus a few months back with taillights that nearly blinded me. I've seen nice LED tail lights, and I've seen junky implementations that made me want to YMMV.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM

Sorry, I meant "taillights." Network is dodgey here at work today.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Race Director

When I took my car to get serviced the other day I saw one and I have to say it does look pretty good in person. Overall not a big change but a lot of nice little things added to it.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsx_uz
I like the front grille more & more , especially on Grigio & Polished Metal

I guess, it is grigio color on the pictures 08 vs 09
I don't think the grill looks as bad as some of you guys think. I do think it looks better with a lighter body color. The darker the body, the more it stands out. Looks great on the white, maybe because it blends in better.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
I know, BMW has been doing that since like what? 2004?
Ick. BMWs BTW I think the current 3- and 5-series still have incandescent bulbs.

Originally Posted by davidspalding
LED != "luxury car."

IMHO, LED headlights indicates "toy." I was behind an Ifiniti or Lexus a few months back with taillights that nearly blinded me. I've seen nice LED tail lights, and I've seen junky implementations that made me want to YMMV.
Um.. Okay. I never suggested there was a correlation between a luxury car and LED taillights. LED taillights make a car look more sophisticated, and a little more technologically advanced. Imagine LEDs as a "precise" technology; LEDs are either ON or OFF or "fade" on command. Now, imagine incandescent bulbs as an "imprecise" technology; incandescent bulbs fade on and off only, they're lazy.

I don't think I've never seen particularly bright LED taillights from Lexus, they're all very well designed and at about the same brightness as normal taillamps. Infiniti has some very bright taillight assemblies, but they aren't bad, either. The older (7th gen) Accords have very bright LED taillights. Regardless, they gather attention MUCH quicker because of their rapid on/off illumination.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Instructor

I don't think I've never seen particularly brigh
Sorry, double negative. I meant "I've never seen a particularly bright…".
Old 05-10-2008, 04:09 AM
Banned

LED taillights = luxury for the simple fact that they're new, what more needs to be said?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:40 PM

LED != "luxury car."
Um.. Okay. I never suggested there was a correlation between a luxury car and LED taillights. LED taillights make a car look more sophisticated, and a little more technologically advanced. Imagine LEDs as a "precise" technology; LEDs are either ON or OFF or "fade" on command. Now, imagine incandescent bulbs as an "imprecise" technology; incandescent bulbs fade on and off only, they're lazy.

I don't think I've never seen particularly bright LED taillights from Lexus, they're all very well designed and at about the same brightness as normal taillamps. Infiniti has some very bright taillight assemblies, but they aren't bad, either. The older (7th gen) Accords have very bright LED taillights. Regardless, they gather attention MUCH quicker because of their rapid on/off illumination.
Ahem ... I don't know if you did suggest that, because ... I was responding to this.
Originally Posted by xenonhid
2009 Car model saying its luxury, but still no LED tail lights.
LED != "luxury car."
Guess I'd better start quoting by default. Anyway, I don't buy that LED taillights are "advanced" or "better." In some implementations, I think they're awful looking. Also I believe LEDs can have less visibility range, not necessarily a good thing. Adding more to make it brighter isn't an improvement on many of the cars I've seen (older Accords?). I could be mistaken on the fine points, but I adhere to my assertion that whether the TSX has LED taillights or not does not determine if it's a "luxury vehicle." It's like saying, "It doesn't have leather on the door panels. It can't be luxury if it doesn't have leather on the door panels." "What, no automatic opening trunk lid? It's not upscale or luxury without that...." Of course ... everyone has their own criteria for "upscale" or "luxury," I grok that.

The CUV I was behind with LEDs was truly bright. I'm not kidding you. Right in the face, and I had to look away to preserve my night vision. (Please, guys, no lecture about "But it was red, so...." I flew for a living so I'm pretty informed about night vision.) Sorry that I don't recall the make and model. It was one of the rice-burning luxury brands, that I do recall. So I guess it LED = luxury in that case, and I hope never to pull behind one of those again.

"'Hmph,' said The Camel."
Old 05-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Ahem ... I don't know if you did suggest that, because ... I was responding to this.

Guess I'd better start quoting by default. Anyway, I don't buy that LED taillights are "advanced" or "better." In some implementations, I think they're awful looking. Also I believe LEDs can have less visibility range, not necessarily a good thing. Adding more to make it brighter isn't an improvement on many of the cars I've seen (older Accords?). I could be mistaken on the fine points, but I adhere to my assertion that whether the TSX has LED taillights or not does not determine if it's a "luxury vehicle." It's like saying, "It doesn't have leather on the door panels. It can't be luxury if it doesn't have leather on the door panels." "What, no automatic opening trunk lid? It's not upscale or luxury without that...." Of course ... everyone has their own criteria for "upscale" or "luxury," I grok that.

The CUV I was behind with LEDs was truly bright. I'm not kidding you. Right in the face, and I had to look away to preserve my night vision. (Please, guys, no lecture about "But it was red, so...." I flew for a living so I'm pretty informed about night vision.) Sorry that I don't recall the make and model. It was one of the rice-burning luxury brands, that I do recall. So I guess it LED = luxury in that case, and I hope never to pull behind one of those again.

"'Hmph,' said The Camel."

I know what you're talking about, but what about day illumination? Sure they're, ahem, a little bright at night but during they day they're perfect. Hm.... maybe they should tie it in with the light sensor! The darker it is outside, the dimmer the rear lights are and vice versa! Best of both worlds.

I do agree, though... LEDs do not make a car luxurious. Hell, look at an '06-07 Accord DX! Did it even have a/c and cruise? haha Regardless, LEDs do look better than incandescent bulbs in my personal opinion.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wackura
LED taillights = luxury for the simple fact that they're new, what more needs to be said?

LEDs are not "new", they just aren't as widely used as incandescent bulbs at this point in time.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 PM

LEDs are not "new", they just aren't as widely used as incandescent bulbs at this point in time.
They're being refined for use in cars. Some carmakers are goofing it, some are doing it spot on. My feeling is when they're used properly they ARE as you said better. But not always. And their presence or absence doesn't brand a car as "luxury" or "cool" or "high tech" IMHO.

My Jeep had dual-filament brake lights, to account for nighttime driving (nav lights) and brake lights. I can't imagine that today's carmakers can't integrate circuits that make the lights bright during the day, and less bright at night. I think failure to do so (making brake lights as bright as night as during the day) is a superb example of a carmaker dilly-dallying with LED technology, and goofing up. Just my POV.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

There's more to it then that, they caused a bunch of problems for me as well when my 03 Type S's transm went out, they tried to say it was my fault blah blah blah, when fact was they were all being recalled. Plus the owner of the dealer told me to go F my self if I didn't want to do my brakes there, "well excuse me for trying to save money" what an ahole. I switched to another local dealer and have never had a problem. I think the dealer could of been nice to warrt, the brakes for me with only 17K on the car. Plus it was like our 3rd acura from that dealer my father had purchased his cars from there as well and 4 other cars from his other dealers, he can so screw himself. Thats not how you treat a customer that has spent that much money on cars over time.

Originally Posted by darmok
Just as a counterpoint Muller's service department has been fantastic for me. Never been charged $80 for just an oil change. When I got a cargo net installed they quoted me 1 hour for the install. I went out while it was being installed, so I didn't keep track of time that well. When I called about 2 hours later they said it was just being finished up and they waived the entire install fee because they went over their quoted time, even though I didn't mind at all. They've done other nice little things too, and have always treated me in the manner I'd expect of a luxury car dealer.

Service can be hit-or-miss sometimes. You may have just dealt with a bad rep. There's enough employee turnover that a "new guy" who learned to deal with people the wrong way at another dealership may be hurting the image of the entire dealer. For anyone who's had service issues at any dealership I'd advise bringing your concerns to the management before giving up.

(FYI, I'm not now nor have I ever been associated with Muller's... just a satisfied customer.)
Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Cruisin'

Noticed the IL plates....which dealership were you at?

Quick Reply: 07 TSX vs 09 TSX comparison *LOTS of Pictures*