Single out exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015 | 08:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jaheri_cbp
A resonator delete will cause you to hate your exhaust stock or not. The resonator is there to help cancel out annoying sounds and frequencies from being carried through the exhaust and the cars cabin (hence why most resonators are placed under the cabin on factory exhaust). The resonator on the obx unit was just as long as the factory unit's and my even be a little larger in diameter. It sits exactly where the stock one sat and seems to be doing its job really well because the annoying rasp is gone. Dont remove just replace.
I think it sounds good from outside, I don't know how it sounds inside though.

Old 03-01-2015 | 09:02 PM
Pro

That's the intake resonator removed not the exhaust lol. I did that mod for like a week before my AEM came in. It did sound cool for a day or two cause the intake is hella loud when you remove it.. But the intake resonator is also in place for the same reason the exhaust has one.. It droned obnoxiously until I swapped it out with the AEM.
Old 03-02-2015 | 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh my bad, yeah I meant the intake resonator. So you think it's better just to get a CAI?
Old 03-02-2015 | 05:26 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

On mine i have half an intake resonator... there is a giant hole in it (not purposely). So it sounds pretty loud when you get on it but there is no drone. You could just cut a hole in yours lol.
The following users liked this post:
Jaheri_cbp (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015 | 08:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iCrap
On mine i have half an intake resonator... there is a giant hole in it (not purposely). So it sounds pretty loud when you get on it but there is no drone. You could just cut a hole in yours lol.
Smh
Old 03-02-2015 | 09:01 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Seems like the modulo bumper also has a bumper plug!
Amazon.co.jp? HONDA Accord ??? ?????CU1 CU2? ??????? ?????????????????[08P02-TL0-0G1B]: ????????
Jaheri_cbp (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015 | 09:26 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Oh, wow I've just had the best idea.
I'll run my car with NO intake and Open headers. best possible sound, no restriction. And it'll sound amazing. Damn i'm a genius.

Smh
lmfao

I don't even know how the resonator box broke inside the bumper by itself in the first place... design fail?..
Old 03-02-2015 | 10:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iCrap
Oh, wow I've just had the best idea.
I'll run my car with NO intake and Open headers. best possible sound, no restriction. And it'll sound amazing. Damn i'm a genius.

lmfao

I don't even know how the resonator box broke inside the bumper by itself in the first place... design fail?..
I could imagine only if someone smacked the hell out of your bumper where the resonator is located. Lol run one big 3 inch stack out the hood.. Or side out so you can see your tip every time you exit.
Old 03-02-2015 | 10:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Duuuude.. I can't read Japanese! Lol the modulo bumper would be awesome but I'm trying to just spend on performance mostly. The plug if I can find it is just to complete the look for the cheap. I found the plug for my bumper through that website I asked about in the chat thread so just waiting for a reply to my inquiry right now. I will pay with PayPal if it ends up going through for my insurance and peace of mind. I'll keep posted
xtcnrice (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015 | 11:53 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Duuuude.. I can't read Japanese! Lol the modulo bumper would be awesome but I'm trying to just spend on performance mostly. The plug if I can find it is just to complete the look for the cheap. I found the plug for my bumper through that website I asked about in the chat thread so just waiting for a reply to my inquiry right now. I will pay with PayPal if it ends up going through for my insurance and peace of mind. I'll keep posted
Google Translate brotha haha
Jaheri_cbp (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015 | 07:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rawger
Oh my bad, yeah I meant the intake resonator. So you think it's better just to get a CAI?
I mean I got a CAI. But people will debate whether it's worth it.. By itself you won't get any noticeable gains.. Intake will give you the cleanest "growl" though.
Old 03-03-2015 | 07:56 PM
Pro

Old 03-03-2015 | 07:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn your revs caused the camera to fall.
The following 2 users liked this post by rawger:
iCrap (03-03-2015), Jaheri_cbp (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015 | 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I mean I got a CAI. But people will debate whether it's worth it.. By itself you won't get any noticeable gains.. Intake will give you the cleanest "growl" though.
Yeah, I mean that's the only reason I would want a CAI. I really planned on it until i got onto this site and everyone was so anti-CAI lol
Old 03-03-2015 | 08:04 PM
Pro

Damn your revs caused the camera to fall.
Lol was using a fire hydrant as my tripod...
Old 03-03-2015 | 08:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Lol was using a fire hydrant as my tripod...
You had one job, fire hydrant!

Lol the funny thing is when you see the camera start to focus in when it's about to fall, it's probably thinking, "oh shit, oh shit, I'm going down!"
Old 03-03-2015 | 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I mean that's the only reason I would want a CAI. I really planned on it until i got onto this site and everyone was so anti-CAI lol
Let the haters hate.

If everybody listened to what haters said, they'd never lose their virginity.

Who cares what others think? Me? nope.
Old 03-03-2015 | 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by optimusaccord
Let the haters hate.

If everybody listened to what haters said, they'd never lose their virginity.

Who cares what others think? Me? nope.
It's not only that, but whether or not there is any significance of having one besides the sound is the other reasoning.
Old 03-03-2015 | 10:05 PM
Burning Brakes

It's not only that, but whether or not there is any significance of having one besides the sound is the other reasoning.
I get that, but if you're so tight with funding, and parts, and 2 hp vs 10 hp is the deciding factor, should you really be modifying your car?

Spoiler alert, the answer is no.
Old 03-03-2015 | 11:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I get that, but if you're so tight with funding, and parts, and 2 hp vs 10 hp is the deciding factor, should you really be modifying your car?

Spoiler alert, the answer is no.
I agree. But I don't think the only problem is whether you have the money, it's if its worth the money. The answer is different for everyone.

I'll probably get one after the warranty expires (not sure if it causes warranty issues), just because it's fairly inexpensive under $300 and I do like the sound.
Old 03-04-2015 | 12:58 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Get the CT-E icebox for the carbon fibre lid! +20 hp and weight savings bro
Old 03-05-2015 | 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I agree. But I don't think the only problem is whether you have the money, it's if its worth the money. The answer is different for everyone.

I'll probably get one after the warranty expires (not sure if it causes warranty issues), just because it's fairly inexpensive under $300 and I do like the sound.
The value of anything in this world is to the person wanting/needing something. Everything in life is relative.

Same for cars. Is an intake on the acura good? It's up to the person evaluating it. There are plenty cars that spend their entire operating time totally stock with no issues.

Modifying cars is not for the feint of heart, or people looking for value. It's for the love of the game.

You either have it, or you don't. There is no grey area.

I was about to sell my turbo kit, until the totally insulting flaccid offer I was given. I'm not about getting rich, but someone who was willing to give less than 50% value of parts without even 500 miles on them? F that. The car can sit in the garage until I decide to sell it or trade it in.
Jaheri_cbp (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:33 PM
Pro

The value of anything in this world is to the person wanting/needing something. Everything in life is relative.

Same for cars. Is an intake on the acura good? It's up to the person evaluating it. There are plenty cars that spend their entire operating time totally stock with no issues.

Modifying cars is not for the feint of heart, or people looking for value. It's for the love of the game.

I was about to sell my turbo kit, until the totally insulting flaccid offer I was given. I'm not about getting rich, but someone who was willing to give less than 50% value of parts without even 500 miles on them? F that. The car can sit in the garage until I decide to sell it or trade it in.
I wouldn't use the words "insulting" and "flaccid" when no counter offer was even given in your part. You wanted to start the convo at 5k I offered you 4. Last you told me was you are going to speak to your wife but that things sounded good. There was no convo past that just this insult. Understand that I have no idea how many "REAL" miles you put on the car with the "kit" whether you tell me 500 or 50,000 so 4k offered for about 7k worth of parts new seemed reasonable. Whether you drove it like grandma or were running hot laps every weekend. I don't see too many people on here just willing to offer even close to what I did all at once or even having the capital to do so for a pieced together USED kit with no REAL knowledge of it's past other than the scarcity of info and pics you provided here viewable on the forums. As for having the love of the game I have no qualms with piecing the kit together myself.. Piece by piece if I have to, to be boosted. I will spend the extra 3 grand to have that piece of mind.

Good luck selling or trading your car when that time comes...

Last edited by Jaheri_cbp; 03-05-2015 at 12:41 PM.
optimusaccord (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:34 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

That kind of offer is insulting. Anyway, how come you don't drive the car often/at all anymore? Subbie taking up all your time?

edit: after reading Jaheri, I'm only in agreement with "insulting" based on the fact that optimus said the offer was less than half the value.
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Sparse is by design. You want a video or something? To see the car idle?
I do not want someone breaking into my home and taking the car.

I have no reason to lie.

Official government documentation (emissions) lists clearly since December of 2013 to today, I have put 1461 (or so) miles on the car. All those miles were to and from the airport - pre subaru. Last year, it was driven to the shop, parts installed, and back to my home.

Then tuning with vittuned.

I don't have time or the imagination required to lie.

I'm a man - I say what I mean, and mean what I say.

I just like using the word flaccid. It's funny. so, try not to be offended.

I figured since you let the conversation go dead you were un-interested. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

And to be honest, to really sell it, I'd look to a complete part out, and private sell, or trade it in at a subaru dealer for a wrx or a crosstrek.
Old 03-05-2015 | 06:03 PM
Pro

I didn't let the convo go dead I went to sleep (literally) after you said you would "talk to the wife". Which I totally respect. Where the convo went dead is when I didn't hear a word from you in regards to my offer and talk on the forums about how you have decided to keep and buy wheels, dead. Regardless if I'm basing your word as truth or not the offer of 4k for parts of specific interest was to me very reasonable. As the offer of 4k stood that was for any parts essential to the turbo kit, not clutch, not lsd, not sway bar, not coilovers or any other dollar that you spent on that car i.e having parts installed/uninstalled etc. I understand you spent a lot on your car. But if you look at what I'm getting from you material wise it amounts to a lil over 7 grand new if that.. And I know if I take my time and source parts wisely I can get everything for less than that being used or new. So I apologize fully if you thought my offer was "insulting". But understand you aren't selling your car completed you are selling "a bunch of used/new parts". I'm still going to have to get down and dirty with my whip installing a box of misc parts that have been once installed. Also invest in other supporting mods such as clutch etc to run that setup with confidence. You spent a lot of money on your car which is fully granted around here but keep into perspective what you are really offering for the money exchanged.

Last edited by Jaheri_cbp; 03-05-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2015 | 06:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I know what you're saying.

I've done the exact thing before with my old 98 accord.

I'll let the thread get back on track, apologies for OT. Maybe next week I'll email you. The wife conversation is a whole thing...Can you imagine how she reacted after not having the car for four months - all the money, heart ache and everything. and I'm like.... I want to get an STi.... just imagine. trying to get psyched up for the acura.... I just feel like it's a girl that used to be fun, but after you break it off one time, it's just..... "done".

Last edited by optimusaccord; 03-05-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2015 | 12:20 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Found this:
- Rear - Outer trim - For Honda - Classified by automaker - Exterior and aero - Part - Automobiles, motorbikes - bidJDM

Use the cost calculator on the right to see how much it'll cost from Japan to your door. I chose "Portable Game Console" as the preset as I feel like that's the preset that is closest in size/weight to the cover. Ended up saying 5400 JPY, which is ~$45 USD.

Note: I don't know if this fits the base or Type S rear bumper cover. PN 71504-TLO-ZZ00
Jaheri_cbp (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015 | 07:10 PM
Pro

Found this:
- Rear - Outer trim - For Honda - Classified by automaker - Exterior and aero - Part - Automobiles, motorbikes - bidJDM

Use the cost calculator on the right to see how much it'll cost from Japan to your door. I chose "Portable Game Console" as the preset as I feel like that's the preset that is closest in size/weight to the cover. Ended up saying 5400 JPY, which is ~$45 USD.

Note: I don't know if this fits the base or Type S rear bumper cover. PN 71504-TLO-ZZ00
I think that's exactly what I need. I would have to paint this one myself and I think one more bracket or screw missing. I'm going to cross check on lings to see if it's for the se bumper
Old 03-20-2015 | 09:10 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

I copy and pasted the PN from the auction itself, so it might not be 100% accurate. I'm quite sure "TLO" should actually be "TL0" to say the least. I couldn't find the part even correcting it though.
Old 04-05-2015 | 05:36 PM
Pro

Couple more rear shots after a wax

Old 04-06-2015 | 09:00 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Looks great! Rear plate delete, +15 whp.
Jaheri_cbp (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015 | 11:19 AM
Pro

Looks great! Rear plate delete, +15 whp.
Lol had some oxidation around the license plate area that I wanted to wax off.. That turtle wax "black box" shocked me.. Didn't think a 20 dollar "turtle" wax kit would come out so nicely... Hid a lot of my fine scratches better than anything else I've tried
Old 04-09-2015 | 02:44 PM
Pro

Let's see how this works out for me.. I blame XTC if it doesn't work lol.. Plan on wrapping in dinoc for the easy factor.. And I think it will look low key with the black... I have a can of CBP if I don't dig the dinoc look... Let's see
xtcnrice (04-09-2015)
Old 04-09-2015 | 02:56 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Lol good luck!
Would look awesome if this is the correct part
Jaheri_cbp (04-09-2015)
Old 04-23-2015 | 11:27 AM
Pro

Looks like the correct part to me!!

Oem cu1 rear bumper plug
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaheri_cbp:
iCrap (04-23-2015), xtcnrice (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015 | 12:01 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Congrats bro!
Jaheri_cbp (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015 | 07:37 PM
Pro

Congrats bro!
Big ups for finding me the part dude! Going to wrap it later tonight to see how it looks
xtcnrice (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015 | 07:49 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

No problem man. Glad I could help! I'm pretty obsessed with that site you ordered it from cuz of all the JDM goodness, and I recall seeing that at the time.

I love subtle "mods" like these. This really completes your single out!

Quick Reply: Single out exhaust mod