XM Radio Lifetime Sub + Traffic + Weather nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio Lifetime Sub + Traffic + Weather nightmare

Just spent 2 weeks trying to resolve this problem for our 09 Tech TSX. Maybe its unique or maybe everyone is suffering in "silence". We have a lifetime subscription to XM plus the quarterly subs for weather and traffic and apparently in some switchover on January 1 the XM systems killed our radio sub and now it has killed the weather. We've talked to 7 people at XM over 2 weeks. They offered to restore our radio and kill the other services at one point and said that it was an IT problem that would take 7-10 days to fix.

We called again today (about a week after the 7-10 day estimate) and apparently they have a fix now but as everyone knows their customer service is pretty awful - they're always trying to "re-activate" your radio even though 99% of the time the problem is with their systems as it was in this case.

For anyone else having this problem, you need to escalate to a level 2 tech support person and they then have to go to a special terminal and use special tools (their words, not mine) to get your services working again. We're asking for a credit on our other services for the loss of radio service but we're going to have to call again on Monday to get that.

I figured getting a lifetime sub (they had a special deal on them when they first offered it) would mean that I wouldn't have to deal with XM service ever again - ha, ha, ha!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

sirius/ xm is absolutely the worst company i have ever dealt with.

Every time i call them to have something fixed they always screw something up.

Over the summer i have a radio removed/ deleted from my account somehow. This radio was completely paid for and all i needed done was it put back on the account. They decided to charge me for a full year from that date and never even told me they were charging me more. I never would have caught it if my wife didnt check the credit card bill. It took 1 month for them to fix the illegal charge and put everything back to where it was.

In dec when i got the TSX i called to have it taken off the trial and just replace my old car with the new 1 and they screwed that up too. They removed my trail of weather and traffic. took 3 calls to fix that.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear

XM mess up

I had a skydock with my previous car and when I got my TSX I discontinued that device and replaced it with my trial subscription. They told me they would just switch the devices on the existing account.
Well, they removed the dock, stopped charging me (yay), and now when I try to extend the trial the server says that device is already in use (but not to me!). So I guess it will be an infinite trial ?? Maybe?? One could hope...
Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Intermediate

I've had customer service success with them in the past (transferring accounts between radios, etc) but that was BEFORE the Sirius merger. Apparently in the last few months they have been merging the computer systems of the two companies and you can imagine the chaos that resulted. One website gave Sirius XM a 16% customer service approval rating.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 PM
jz

I re-upped my 2010 TSX XM service (Music, Traffic, & Weather) and the weather has shown as expired since. During my last call to XM, they opened a trouble ticket for IT as the customer service rep "couldn't find a way to add weather service to my TSX on her screen". They claimed a follow up call in 72 hours, and it's been 4 days. I'll call on Monday and keep you posted.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 AM
1st Gear

question on adding traffic sub to XM lifetime

I purchased XM lifetime several years ago and have been trying to get XM to add traffic coverage with no luck. Your posting leads me to believe you have managed to conquer this with XM. If I'm interpreting your posting correctly, it looks like XM gave you a quarterly traffic sub to go with your existing XM lifetime sub. If so, how much do you pay quarterly? Did you ask them if they had a lifetime XM traffic subscription? All they said they could do for me was transfer my existing XM lifetime to my new wagon, but to wait til after the 3 month trial for traffic/weather ended because I lose those after the transfer. They said I can't add traffic to my existing lifetime XM. I've talked to multiple customer service reps, technical support reps, had tickets opened, written to the Operations President at XM, etc. with absolutely no success. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 PM
3rd Gear

I just lost my Traffic overlay 4 days ago. After multiple refreshes, and 40 minutes on the phone with the Advance Technical Support, I was advised today that SiriusXM Radio has updated there system on Thursday of last week and there has been a problem ever since. They stated they are working on it and will email us when it is fixed. Waiting.