USB Stick in Alphabetical Order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
USB Stick in Alphabetical Order?

I have a 2012 Acura TSX w/ Technology Package and I'm using a USB stick for my music because the hard drive can't have MP3 installed. The issue I'm running into is I want to switch from my 4 GB Sandisk to a 8 GB Sandisk but I'm having a few issues.

Oh my 4 GB, most of my folders are in Alphabetical order. I have it set by band and than album. For instance, you would scroll down to Linkin Park, select it, and than have folders with each album.

Hybrid Theory < Reanimation, Meteora, etc.

While this isn't exactly how it's written and the real thing isn't in alphabetical order with 100% accuracy, it's close. I have a band called Nero with the folder also named Nero and it's listed last right under a band with a W, for example.

----------------------------------------------

When I insert the 8 GB, with the files directly copied and pasted from my 4 GB, the folders are a mess! On my PC, XBOX, Laptop, TV, etc, it's all fine. I even had a rental 2012 RDX that displayed them properly. But my 2012 TSX refuses to do so and it's becoming quite frustrating as I have the files set up this way for a reason. Only this time, if I recall correctly, it even splits up my album folders with the 8 GB.

Is there any possible way to fix this? I searched everywhere but I'm getting very frustrated.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Get this program to arrange the files/folders on the USB stick:

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php
The following users liked this post:
KrylonBlue (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus
Get this program to arrange the files/folders on the USB stick:

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php
Thank you, that did exactly as I needed it to do!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience is the folders are arranged by the date and time they are saved on the USB. So if you copy a group of folders at once they show alphabetically on the USB when on the computer, but appear in the order they were actually copied to the USB on my TSX. For example if I add a new folder now it is always listed as the last folder on the TSX.

So now, I just copy the fodlers one by one an it works fine.

Same thing for my wife's Civic EXL....
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Bongox
My experience is the folders are arranged by the date and time they are saved on the USB. So if you copy a group of folders at once they show alphabetically on the USB when on the computer, but appear in the order they were actually copied to the USB on my TSX. For example if I add a new folder now it is always listed as the last folder on the TSX.

So now, I just copy the fodlers one by one an it works fine.

Same thing for my wife's Civic EXL....
Strange, mainly because my 08 Civic didn't do this nor did my 2012 RDX. Oh well, that's good to know for future reference. Also, as I mentioned above, the suggestion of using the software worked flawlessly.