All speakers being replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All speakers being replaced.

I called Burrard Acura and explained the problem I was having with my speakers. Apparently they have something that tells them to replace ALL the speakers in the car. So since my two front speakers have been done I will be going in on Wednesday to have all the rear speakers replace.

Both back door speakers, the sub, and the two other speakers in the rear parcel shelf.

And Campus Honda was trying to insinuate that I was pushing too much base through the speakers. Good to see they haven't changed since I had my 97 Prelude.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Thats great. Glad to see that you were taken care of.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rob_acuraoflynnwood
Thats great. Glad to see that you were taken care of.
Yeah me too. This problem is taking away the joy of owning a new car. I'm sure we will get there. The fact that they are acknowledging that there is a problem and that THEY want to replace all the speakers gives me hope.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luchin
I called Burrard Acura and explained the problem I was having with my speakers. Apparently they have something that tells them to replace ALL the speakers in the car. So since my two front speakers have been done I will be going in on Wednesday to have all the rear speakers replace.

Both back door speakers, the sub, and the two other speakers in the rear parcel shelf.

And Campus Honda was trying to insinuate that I was pushing too much base through the speakers. Good to see they haven't changed since I had my 97 Prelude.
Luchin, could you please describe the exact problems you are experiencing with your speakers? For example, is the sound crappy/distorted all the time, or just occasionally with certain heavy bass sounds etc?? Is it much worse in some speakers than others? Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=TSXfreeko;11813165]Luchin, could you please describe the exact problems you are experiencing with your speakers? For example, is the sound crappy/distorted all the time, or just occasionally with certain heavy bass sounds etc?? Is it much worse in some speakers than others? Thanks[/QUOTE

The sound is fine until the speakers blow, then they sound distorted. Plus I have rattling in the doors, and rear shelf. Popping sounds when I use the balance control to isolate which speaker is blown. The last time my speaker blew I wasn't getting any sound from the rear speakers and then when I did get sound it was crap.

Are you diagnosing or just curious?

Do you drive a TSX? If so which model?

My wife has a Premium and she blares her music with no trouble at all. I listen to my music so that it is backround sound. Volume 8-10.

The TSX Tech and TL Tech suffer from the same problem.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Luchin;11813559]
Originally Posted by TSXfreeko
Luchin, could you please describe the exact problems you are experiencing with your speakers? For example, is the sound crappy/distorted all the time, or just occasionally with certain heavy bass sounds etc?? Is it much worse in some speakers than others? Thanks[/QUOTE

The sound is fine until the speakers blow, then they sound distorted. Plus I have rattling in the doors, and rear shelf. Popping sounds when I use the balance control to isolate which speaker is blown. The last time my speaker blew I wasn't getting any sound from the rear speakers and then when I did get sound it was crap.

Are you diagnosing or just curious?

Do you drive a TSX? If so which model?

My wife has a Premium and she blares her music with no trouble at all. I listen to my music so that it is backround sound. Volume 8-10.

The TSX Tech and TL Tech suffer from the same problem.
Thanks for the response. I have the TSX tech. I had two door speakers replaced, they were clearly blown. It seems everything is ok now..... most of the time. But I do hear obvious distortion (buzzing/vibration) from one of the other speakers at higher volumes (20-25), when there is a strong bass surge. I'm just afraid that its only a matter of time before it (and the other speakers) blow completely. Not a good feeling.....
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey when are you bringing you car into Burrard Acura? I'd like to come hear how the intake sounds in person!