3G S iPhone Bluetooth setup.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
3G S iPhone Bluetooth setup.

DarwoodEE may be able to answer this the most readily since he has the same phone.

Turning on the bluetooth to connect with my hands free works fine but when bluetooth is on and I go to

Settings -> General -> Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is ON but underneath that and above the HandsFreeLink... the word Devices appears and beside that there is a little wheel that keeps going round and round. Is this normal?

So this is what it looks like on the phone:

Bluetooth ON

Devices (little spinning Wheel)

HandFreeLin...Connected or not Connected.

It doesn't matter wether it's connected or not the little wheel keeps on spinning as long as the Bluetooth is on.

Does anyone else's phone do this?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou01
DarwoodEE may be able to answer this the most readily since he has the same phone.

Turning on the bluetooth to connect with my hands free works fine but when bluetooth is on and I go to

Settings -> General -> Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is ON but underneath that and above the HandsFreeLink... the word Devices appears and beside that there is a little wheel that keeps going round and round. Is this normal?

So this is what it looks like on the phone:

Bluetooth ON

Devices (little spinning Wheel)

HandFreeLin...Connected or not Connected.

It doesn't matter wether it's connected or not the little wheel keeps on spinning as long as the Bluetooth is on.

Does anyone else's phone do this?
When you are in the bluetooth setup menu that's when the phone goes into discovery mode so it is searching for available bluetooth things to list so you can select it to pair. it's normal, don't worry about it as long as it says Connected next to HandsFreeLinkTM.

I have a 3GS
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GrigioX
When you are in the bluetooth setup menu that's when the phone goes into discovery mode so it is searching for available bluetooth things to list so you can select it to pair. it's normal, don't worry about it as long as it says Connected next to HandsFreeLinkTM.

I have a 3GS
Very nice. Thank you. I was wondering if something was going on in the background that was prematurely draining the battery.

I don't know how I managed this long without an iPhone. Probably one of the best pieces of kit I've purchased in a long time.

Thanks again for responding.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He beat me to it. Mine does the same thing.

However I swear the battery on my 3G S, which is supposed to be the best yet, doesn't last as long as the battery on my 1st gen iPhone did (which my wife now uses).
Old 07-11-2009, 07:54 AM
10th Gear

so i have an iphone 3G with os 3.0 installed. when the usb cable into the usb jack and my iphone, it'll start playing music in usb mode and then shut off. i have to unplug and then replug my phone just to get it to run..does anyone else have these issues and/or a way to solve this issue?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:00 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
It may be obvious to y'all, but how old and what condition is your cord in? My iPod sometimes gets wiggy & pissed when the cord is bent.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by onitsudo
so i have an iphone 3G with os 3.0 installed. when the usb cable into the usb jack and my iphone, it'll start playing music in usb mode and then shut off. i have to unplug and then replug my phone just to get it to run..does anyone else have these issues and/or a way to solve this issue?
No problems here with either my iTouch or iPhone. They both work in my car although I use a USB stick for all my music so I don't have to deal with Bluetooth audio. But they do work. Aux is a bit of a waste since you can't control either iTouch or iPhone from the factory stereo.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by onitsudo
It's not just your phone, mine does the same thing if I have it plugged in. I've since then started using a different iPod. But with the iPhone plugged in, it begins playing via the USB connection, but then once the Bluetooth kicks in, the phone switches "thinking" that the Bluetooth audio is the presedence. It's retarded and I hope Apple fixes it, but I doubt they're even aware of it. I'd like to have the option to turn off Bluetooth audio within the phone while still using the Bluetooth for phone calls. Currently they're considered the same.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Since were here, does anyone know how to mute individual phone numbers. As in make the ringtone for certain people silent without having to mute all calls?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lou01
Since were here, does anyone know how to mute individual phone numbers. As in make the ringtone for certain people silent without having to mute all calls?
I've never tried that. So you mean basically just assign the vibrate as the ringer for that particular number?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Instructor

That setting is changed in your contact entry for that person. But, I just looked in mine and you can't set it to just vibrate, it only gives you the option to choose ring tones.

Of course, you could create a ringtone that is just recorded silence and then select that one. Google "how to make ringtones for iphone" and you'll get it.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
I've never tried that. So you mean basically just assign the vibrate as the ringer for that particular number?
Yeah that's what I'm looking to do.

Originally Posted by GrigioX
That setting is changed in your contact entry for that person. But, I just looked in mine and you can't set it to just vibrate, it only gives you the option to choose ring tones.

Of course, you could create a ringtone that is just recorded silence and then select that one. Google "how to make ringtones for iphone" and you'll get it.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Funny, I know how to make ringtones but it never crossed my mind to make a 'silent' one...

Thanks again guys.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
2nd Gear

Hi,

I have a 3GS iphone when i use the bluetooth in my car every time that i makeing a call from the iphone i need to select from the bluetooth phone or speaker.
Could someone please help me to find a solution for that.
i would like to dail from my Iphone and not select all the time.

Thanks
Uri
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by juniortabak
Hi,

I have a 3GS iphone when i use the bluetooth in my car every time that i makeing a call from the iphone i need to select from the bluetooth phone or speaker.
Could someone please help me to find a solution for that.
i would like to dail from my Iphone and not select all the time.

Thanks
Uri
you can dial from the iphone, but once the call is initiated, you have to hit the voice command button and say "Transfer" and that will hand the call off to the handsfree.

It's annoying.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the help
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

I have a related issue where i dial from my phone and when attempting to transfer the car won't recognize the phone call until someone answers. This is annoying since the person answers and always hears me saying "Transfer". Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution? My previous blackberry would transfer as soon as the call was initiated. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ditzla
I have a related issue where i dial from my phone and when attempting to transfer the car won't recognize the phone call until someone answers. This is annoying since the person answers and always hears me saying "Transfer". Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution? My previous blackberry would transfer as soon as the call was initiated. Thanks.
Operating as designed. Sorry. I know in the 2010's the transfer is done automatically. In 2009's, you have to say transfer and you can only do it after the call is answered.

Very annoying.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Cruisin'

The "transfer" option is worthless. I find it easier to just select, on the iPhone...what speaker you want. iPhone, speaker, or the car.

I can do this while the phone is ringing. By the time the other end answers, I've got them transfered to the car speaker.