2011 TSX - Music (mp3) on iPod/iPhone Skips

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 TSX - Music (mp3) on iPod/iPhone Skips

Hello all! Long-time lurker that has an issue with his 2011 TSX Tech and is hoping to find any thoughts or solutions from your brilliant minds.

I listen to music (mp3s) on my iPhone via the USB port, and my mp3s occasionally skip.

By randomly, it's incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes it might happen every few minutes, something it might happen after an hour. And when it skips, it's as if the song skipped a beat, usually about a split second.

What's strange is that I originally thought that the mp3s I had were bad. However, they test fine on the iPhone and computer. To add to that, if I play the song again, the skip disappears. If it does appear, it skips on a different segment of the song.

I've had this issue on an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and now an iPhone 5. So I'm hoping that this rules out the device itself and perhaps something to do with the car's media unit.

I googled this issue, but I've only seen a few old posts that didn't have a solution. Any thoughts? Or if I have to take it to the dealer, any ideas of how to approach them? The issue is unpredictable and hard to reproduce.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
I've noticed it as well. The skip is not significant enough for me to care. It is more likely to happen if you frequently disconnect/reconnect the device via the USB cable.

I wouldn't waste the calories going to the dealer about it. Keep on jammin' man!