2011 TSX Home 1 PIN Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 TSX Home 1 PIN Code

Hello everyone! I'm the newest owner of a 2011 Acura TSX 6 Speed, Tech Package!

Just picked it up yesterday and have been setting it up and personalizing it, uploading my phone book and programming homelink, etc.

I've reached one stumbling block, though: I can't re-program the "Home 1" button on the Navi. It appears the previous owner entered a PIN code. I've tried the NAVI PIN code but it doesn't work.

So a couple of questions: is there any way to reset this setting without knowing the PIN code the PO created or taking the car in to Acura? Also is there any way to verify the radio and navi codes without disconnecting the battery? I grabbed my codes off the Acura website because the owners manuals didn't have them written in them.

I traded my 2010 TSX for this car (because I really wanted a manual) and know that if I lose power the system is going to demand those codes before it lets me access the head-unit and navigation system. I'd hate to find myself without the radio and proper codes over a trip or a weekend, for instance.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved to the model specific forum for better response.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dsf3g
Hello everyone! I'm the newest owner of a 2011 Acura TSX 6 Speed, Tech Package!

Just picked it up yesterday and have been setting it up and personalizing it, uploading my phone book and programming homelink, etc.

I've reached one stumbling block, though: I can't re-program the "Home 1" button on the Navi. It appears the previous owner entered a PIN code. I've tried the NAVI PIN code but it doesn't work.

So a couple of questions: is there any way to reset this setting without knowing the PIN code the PO created or taking the car in to Acura? Also is there any way to verify the radio and navi codes without disconnecting the battery? I grabbed my codes off the Acura website because the owners manuals didn't have them written in them.

I traded my 2010 TSX for this car (because I really wanted a manual) and know that if I lose power the system is going to demand those codes before it lets me access the head-unit and navigation system. I'd hate to find myself without the radio and proper codes over a trip or a weekend, for instance.

by default its 0000 mine shows up sometimes I never created the pin.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Most likely the radio and nav codes you got from Acura website the correct one unless the car had some kind of issue and changed the modules.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an update: ended up taking the car to the dealer. For this model year, as far as I can tell, that's really your only option. If the P.O. protected the home address with a PIN there seems to be no other way to erase it. $170 if I recall, which is kinda absurd.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:52 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Just don't go home