Windshield Fogging Up Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windshield Fogging Up Issue

I am having issue with my windshield fogging up a lot. I have tried everything to make it go away to no avail. I tried turning on the front and back/side defrosters. I turned off the inside air circulation so air from outside can come in. I tried rolling my windows down and opening the moonroof. I usually keep the climate on Lo for both sides. I tried increasing the temperature however this did not help. I tried increasing the fan speed which did not help either. I did notice a bunch of leaves stuck underneath the windshiled wipers where the air comes out from i removed them to the best of my ability some are still suck in the side, however still having issue. Its a wierd kind of fog though its like the main fog goes away, then theirs this spotted circles kind of fog. When i use my windshiel wipers it goes away for a few secs then these circles keep reappearing. Its pretty random when it tends to fog up mostly in the early morning when i'm trying to drive to work. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

win2k8
Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try using an 80+ temp to defog your windshield that usually helps me with the fog on the outside of the windshield and sometimes keeps the fog permanently away.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Racer

If its on the outside, it should go away after you drive a while unless its really humid out. But still it shouldn't be over the whole window to where you can't see. It might be that you need to clean your window with some plain glass cleaner or something if you haven't washed your car lately. Then maybe put on some rain-x anti fog or even rain-x self. I have that in the morning sometimes when I leave my car outside, but it usually goes away after about 10 minutes of driving
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Endika
try using an 80+ temp to defog your windshield that usually helps me with the fog on the outside of the windshield and sometimes keeps the fog permanently away.
+1

Pretty much any temperature above ambient temperature will prevent fogging on the outside of the glass. The temperature of the glass is cooler than the warm humid air outside of the car. The warm humid air hits the cool glass and condenses (fog). Cranking up the AC will make the problem worse so the best thing to do is make the glass warmer so the water vapor wont condense on the glass.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I read your post correctly, the fog is on the outside of the windshield. If the windshield has condensation on it in the AM.,then this is normal. Only using heat with a combination of using the W/Shield wipers with the washers[with a proper fluid] will remove the condensation. You may have to wipe the W/S for a few blocks until it clears up. Once clear,the temp can be set to what is comfortable. If the fog is in the inside,then we may have a problem with the condensation from the A/C evaporator not draining correctly,or the recirc door is stuck closed. After driving for a while with the A/C on, shut the car off. You should notice a puddle of water under the passenger side of the car This is normal drained water from the evap. Checking the recric door. Start the car. Put the fan on high. Now switch from recric to fresh air. You should hear a distinctive change in the sound of the fan. In recirc the sound will be louder.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Racer

yea it happens alot too me too lol
Old 11-02-2020, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Cool 2016 RDX windshield fogging

I see a few people are having this issue. I am hoping it's not the heater core failing as mine is fogging up on the inside. I really hope there is a different reason. Has anyone had issues with their heater cores in these cars?

Last edited by Porsche-0911; 11-02-2020 at 08:33 AM.