TSX wagon questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
TSX wagon questions

I am looking into trading my 3rd generation TL in for a 2011 bellanova white TSX wagon tech package.... is there anything problems or recalls I should be looking for when I look this car over. I love my current TL and it's been a perfect daily driver and i hope the newer wagon will be just as great of a car, it has large shoes to fill.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 369 Posts
Recalls, not really. You might want to check the TSB list if anything. I actually bought used, never paid attention to it and my car actually has one of the problems, but I still have warranty so its okay and not a big deal.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:40 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/2nd-gen-tsx-tsb-information-789358/
You are sure gonna miss the power coming from the 3G though.

Last edited by iCrap; 03-29-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by iCrap
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789358
You are sure gonna miss the power coming from the 3G though.
I know the TL has some balls but I have a 94 corvette that is getting outfitted with a 76mm turbo to scratch the speed itch
Old 03-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2012 Wagon w/Tech - it's been a good car so far... no major issues.

Doesn't have the grunt of the TL 3G, but less headaches.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:39 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by sfx2000
I have a 2012 Wagon w/Tech - it's been a good car so far... no major issues.

Doesn't have the grunt of the TL 3G, but less headaches.
I've had two. Love it.

I had the first for 27k miles until some guy in a Mercedes wanted to see what I had in the trunk.

After that I turned right around and bought another.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb

I had the first for 27k miles until some guy in a Mercedes wanted to see what I had in the trunk.

What color was your first wagon? I ask because my wife had some screeching tires approaching from behind. Fortunately, that car was able to stop. But we've had a few close calls and 2 hits while parked! Our 2012 tsx wagon is charcoal grey. I'm wondering if people just don't see the wagon or did I leave the cloaking device on again.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
What color was your first wagon? I ask because my wife had some screeching tires approaching from behind. Fortunately, that car was able to stop. But we've had a few close calls and 2 hits while parked! Our 2012 tsx wagon is charcoal grey. I'm wondering if people just don't see the wagon or did I leave the cloaking device on again.
Ugh, those are the worst. You just come back and are like WTF. It happened to my sisters car before, probably some asshat in a Ford F150 or something backed into the hood. Needed a new hood, bumper, grill, etc. At least the $500 deductible covered it all. I'll take parking far away rather than risking getting hit 10/10 times.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:58 AM
Instructor

Update. .. well I went to Bernardi Audi in Natick Massachusetts on Sunday with full intentions on purchasing this clean 28k miles 2011 pearl white with light grey leather interior technology packaged wagon. After being there for 4 hours I signed for the car $24k for the car $5,500 for my 05 TL and that's it. Did the finance thing in their dealership as well and got the rate I wanted, however when I left that night after spending way too long at a dealership just sitting around waiting for the financing department I just felt bad about the whole experience. I get a call the next morning saying that all the paperwork got messed up because they neglected to put the payoff for my trade in there, so after walking these idiots through all this they were supposed to bring everything to me at work. We'll by the end of the day I received no phone calls or anything and I signed no paperwork (for the second time). I called them and got into it with their sales man and managers about my horrible experience and how I will NEVER purchase anything from a Bernardi dealer ever and I told them to keep the car that I was done.

I have never been treated this poorly whilst car buying ever... they kept blowing me off and ignoring my requests to speed everything up because I had somewhere to go and I had my fussy newborn with me and they spoke and argued with me in a disrespectful tone and attitude and the fact that I gave them a second chance to fix the deal and they completely blew me off.

Long story short, I was one of many that has had a bad experience with this chain of dealerships.

Last edited by Vettezilla; 04-02-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:52 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
My first one was white. It was 7 am on a bright September morning without sun glare. I was stopped for a pedestrian while the idiot in the Mercedes was watching his rearview mirror because he wanted to change lanes. He said he never even saw me.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Vettezilla
Update. .. well I went to Bernardi Audi in Natick Massachusetts on Sunday with full intentions on purchasing this clean 28k miles 2011 pearl white with light grey leather interior technology packaged wagon. After being there for 4 hours I signed for the car $24k for the car $5,500 for my 05 TL and that's it. Did the finance thing in their dealership as well and got the rate I wanted, however when I left that night after spending way too long at a dealership just sitting around waiting for the financing department I just felt bad about the whole experience. I get a call the next morning saying that all the paperwork got messed up because they neglected to put the payoff for my trade in there, so after walking these idiots through all this they were supposed to bring everything to me at work. We'll by the end of the day I received no phone calls or anything and I signed no paperwork (for the second time). I called them and got into it with their sales man and managers about my horrible experience and how I will NEVER purchase anything from a Bernardi dealer ever and I told them to keep the car that I was done.

I have never been treated this poorly whilst car buying ever... they kept blowing me off and ignoring my requests to speed everything up because I had somewhere to go and I had my fussy newborn with me and they spoke and argued with me in a disrespectful tone and attitude and the fact that I gave them a second chance to fix the deal and they completely blew me off.

Long story short, I was one of many that has had a bad experience with this chain of dealerships.
I leased an Audi from Bernardi in Natick many moons ago (interesting to hear that they still suck). Let's just say I was disappointed with them and have never used a Bernardi dealership since. If you're at all local, why not try Herb Connelly Acura in Framingham? I'm sure if they have no wagons, they can get one for you. I've used them a number of times, and though who knows if they'll give you the best deal, I've been treated well, and would also recommend their service dept.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just bought a 2014 wagon. About the only thing I can say I dislike is that at 6'4" and not having a lot of padding in the rear the bottom seat cushion jabs me in the "buttocks". I have to slide down slightly.

Other than that, we love it. We did a lot of research and couldn't come up with any major problems. They seem to be pretty welll designed and reliable. The 201HP it plenty for your needs.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Instructor

This horrible dealership experience just got worse.... I was checking my credit card statement this morning and they still haven't refunded my deposit like they stated immediately. So I called the CC company and notified them about this as well as called the dealer about this. The sales man told me they were going to write a check but the finance department stated they couldn't do that. This is complete BS because our last words together was he "was going to refund my card immediately." I really believe that this shady car dealership, Bernardi Audi, had no intention of ever refunding my deposit.