Streaks — Is it the glass or is it the tint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Streaks — Is it the glass or is it the tint?

I had formula one tint put on the TSX, 50 front (law) and 35 on the passenger and rear. I've noticed "streaking" on the darker tint, as if someone sprayed a line on the upper part of the window and then it ran down/dried on, looks to me to be between the window and the tint. It can be seen on the front windows but not as noticeable as it's a lighter tint.

I took it to the place where I got the tint and the guy said the streaking is on the outside of the glass. I took it home and wiped the windows down with Tilex then polished with Meguiars 105 on an orange buffing pad (drill attachment) and still the streaks remain.

I called the tint guy back & told him my story, he still swears it's on the outside, said that once something gets on it's almost impossible to get off, said that they can remove & re-tint one window just to be sure, but that I'll be charged $50 if it's not the tint (I think that's fair).

I'm going to try again to go at the exterior glass, is there anything else that anyone might recommend to get this streaking out? Should I just have the one window redone?

TIA,

Geoff
Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Take some pictures of it and post so we can see what you mean?

If you wiped it down and the streaks are still there then obviously its not the exterior so its probably the tints...I wouldn't pay for them to remove it and put it back...I'd tell them to fix their shoddy handiwork for free.