So who saw the Buick Regal commercial?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cp3117
Hey its good to see you too absolude.

I see you still just troll the forums attacking members and making false accusations while providing absolutely no facts or anything productive to the debate....Keep up the awesome work.
Nope, not false, you surely claimed owning a vw model that wasn't even available.
Trollig, good one, a troll would know....
But don't let me inerrupt your work, you have an agenda to convince everyone that vw of today won't turn to garbage in 3 years, like all before.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey congrats on the purchase. I would have probably done the same thing as I prefer the exterior styling of the TSX over the Regal.

You made a great point though in that you obviously compared the two because they are in the same class and very comparable vehicles.
Cut the sympathy. So from what I see you think experiencing "german engineering" is driving a Volkswagen???????: tongue:

Cut it out. Let's be real, you wanna experience genuine German engineering, grab a AMG model, or a RS4 not some Volkswagen. Don't get me wrong I like their CC models but you are trying to explain to us "expanding" to bigger and better things is owning a Volkswagen. Any fully loaded midsize car can compete with say a TSX or even a A4. Take a fully loaded Altima, Sonata, etc and they can compare with the likes of an entry-level sedan but they are not in the same segment. Lets be real here, a VW Jetta against a TSX? VW Jetta's start at 15k...it competes with the friggin Civic and Corolla for goodness sake...you remember that guy in the commercial bustin his ass for 1 Jetta? He then ends up with 2 at the end? Well two of those equal the price of 1 TSX. It is a great buy but it does not compete with a entry level sedan. You are nuts. Is Lil Wayne giving out recipes for his sizzurp???
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
You telling me to educate myself when you are the "fool" here claiming not to be trying to convert people to VW? You are pro VW, that's for sure. I haven't seen any people this pro towards VW ever. Next thing you going to tell me is that the VW CC is also better than the M3 cars. Get over yourself, seriously. No one wants to here how "good" your Jetta is. Don't come here promoting your Jetta on an Acura forum, you will get bashed.

Secondly, I don't care what reviews say. The articles you show me are quite bias. The Acura TSX lost to a Jetta GTI? Let me add the Jetta is also less well equiped, less reliable, cheaper material is being made from it, and etc... Get this through your thick head the Jetta is a small family car and its made to compete with Civic and Corolla. Even VW has claimed this to be true when they released the new generation Jetta which is cheaper due to the different suspension set-up. Its on google, look for it.
Obviously we cant have a logical debate here. I like when someone provides facts and reviews from credible sources and you pass them off as bias yet in a previous post you tell "Craig-D" that you take a review over his word anytime. Im sorry but you cant just pick and choose reviews that support your view than just pass off others as bias.

When i provide an example of a fact such as the CC leather being a higher quality than the TL (among other examples) you pass it off as it not that important to you . Thats fine that its not important to you but it doesnt change the FACT that its still better.

Im glad how you brought up the old info about how the newest generation of the Jetta is cheaper but left out the fact that the GLI (which is the TSX competitor) is going to have a different suspention, higher grade of interior materials etc. Please dont get all upset when there is a comparo next fall between the two which there almost certainly will be........but then again im sure it will be bias right?? If you dont like Car and Driver then check out many of the other reviews between the two which ended with the same result.

I dont understand why you think im pushing or promoting VW. Your the one who made the comment about buick and i provided examples, reasons and facts as to why other models are comparable to the TSX. Everytime I provide facts though you seem to tap dance around them and attack the poster instead. The TSX is a great car but its not a Lambo/Rolls combo like you think it is.

If you claim Buick can be compared to the TSX, then that means the Buick Regal can be compared to the IS250, A4, C300, and 328i as well... Yeah? TSX is similar to the those cars, so Buick Regal is also. The whole time I was merely saying the Buick Regal is a joke, and it wouldn't be able to compete with the TSX. There are a number of reasons why that is true, but you want to talk about the reasons why they do compare. You claim the TSX interior is less refined than the Buick Regal's. How do you know? I can bet that the Buick Regal is made with more cheap plastic than the TSX. Here's some fun facts, why would anyone want a car that is Made in China? China consumers buy most of the Buick cars too.
Obviously by reading your first statement you dont make your purchase decisions based off of facts from comparable brands but rather purchase a badge or brand name instead.....which is fine. To each their own.

Im not sure where you get that i said the TSX is less refined than the Regal. I actually mentioned the reverse, but you are so wound up over this its another reason why we cant have a logical debate.

In the end we obviously agree to disagree.

You have to remember though that many members here at Acurazine are automotive enthusiasts and not all bias hard core pro Acura members like yourself. when you make uneducated statements like [I"Buick is a joke company, and the Regal is a shitbox"I] people here are going to confront you on such a dumb statement, especially when the majority of the automotive industry disagrees with your statement.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Je t'aime...

Obviously we cant have a logical debate here. I like when someone provides facts and reviews from credible sources and you pass them off as bias yet in a previous post you tell "Craig-D" that you take a review over his word anytime. Im sorry but you cant just pick and choose reviews that support your view than just pass off others as bias.

When i provide an example of a fact such as the CC leather being a higher quality than the TL (among other examples) you pass it off as it not that important to you . Thats fine that its not important to you but it doesnt change the FACT that its still better.

Im glad how you brought up the old info about how the newest generation of the Jetta is cheaper but left out the fact that the GLI (which is the TSX competitor) is going to have a different suspention, higher grade of interior materials etc. Please dont get all upset when there is a comparo next fall between the two which there almost certainly will be........but then again im sure it will be bias right?? If you dont like Car and Driver then check out many of the other reviews between the two which ended with the same result.

I dont understand why you think im pushing or promoting VW. Your the one who made the comment about buick and i provided examples, reasons and facts as to why other models are comparable to the TSX. Everytime I provide facts though you seem to tap dance around them and attack the poster instead. The TSX is a great car but its not a Lambo/Rolls combo like you think it is.

Obviously by reading your first statement you dont make your purchase decisions based off of facts from comparable brands but rather purchase a badge or brand name instead.....which is fine. To each their own.

Im not sure where you get that i said the TSX is less refined than the Regal. I actually mentioned the reverse, but you are so wound up over this its another reason why we cant have a logical debate.

In the end we obviously agree to disagree.

You have to remember though that many members here at Acurazine are automotive enthusiasts and not all bias hard core pro Acura members like yourself. when you make uneducated statements like [I"Buick is a joke company, and the Regal is a shitbox"I] people here are going to confront you on such a dumb statement, especially when the majority of the automotive industry disagrees with your statement.

Excuse my grammar in his post, rushing it.

"Nope, not false, you surely claimed owning a vw model that wasn't even available.
Trollig, good one, a troll would know....
But don't let me inerrupt your work, you have an agenda to convince everyone that vw of today won't turn to garbage in 3 years, like all before."

This quote from your "friend" says it all. You're promoting VW here, and no gives a crap about your "opinions".

I trust reviewers over people, but it doesn't still make reviewers right, I think I would like to call you stupid on that one. Idiot. Everyone is bias, and frankly I'm starting to find you promoting VW very annoying. Seriously, take your crap over to a VW forum.

I think you and your "Friend" is the only person here that thinks the Jetta or the Jetta GLI is in the TSX's competition. And seriously? Nappa Leather? Dude leather is leather. How you gonna complain? "Oh the CC has better leather... its Napa Leather!" WHO CARES??? Do you? So for the difference of 2~3K you get better leather but everything else is worse?

Seriously, don't call me bias when you come in here like you are the hot shot promoting VW. You claim VW Jetta is more luxurious and refined than the TSX w/o any proof besides an article that compared random cars from different segments. Excuse me asking, but have you went to college? Remember in college essays you need good reliable information source that makes sense, and that can go with your argument. The source you choose was an article that compared random cars from different segments to prove that the Jetta was better? Maybe in another world where the Jetta is in the same segment as the TSX with a 30K+ price tag and the Jetta won then I'll agree with you. But for now... that article is complete bull. Seriously, who compares those bunch of cars together?

Like I said before:
I don't know why you like C/D. Look what cars they compared. They compared a "Mid-Size Family Car (Accord)" to a "Compact Small Size Family Car (Jetta)" to a "Entry Level Luxury Sedan (TSX)" to a "Mid-Size American Car (Pontiac G6) to another "Mid-Size Performance Version of the Mazda6 (Mazda Speed6). Clearly if you have any sense of logic these cars aren't even compared in the right segment. Its like they took different cars from everywhere and compared them.

By far one of the most retarded comparisons I ever seen.

Really? The auto industry disagrees with me that Buick is a joke? I'm registered at BMW and M3 forums and as well as MB forums... People there claim Buick is a joke too. I think you're the only one around that is pro VW and also claim Buick is good.

I might be pro Acura over Buick, but I think anyone is... besides you cause you crazy. You just crazy.... Besides, I think anyone here rather have an Acura than a Buick, fact.

Besides, arguing with you and you implying to me Buick doesn't suck. I can't say much about their sales in America... I think their sales here in the states prove how not good their cars are.

But is been fun debating with you, you have been my procrastination for some time now. I wonder how does it feel like to waste your time being 39 and all to argue with a young adult.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Intermediate

Another example would be the 011 Acura TSX offers a HDD for storage of music while the 011 Buick Regal doesn't.

Another example, Acura TSX offers Real Time Weather/Traffic.

Another example, rear vents
you are incorrect yet again when it comes to the features. The buick has all of the features that you say it lacks.
Rear vents are standard
Traffic and weather are through XM just like the TSX; with that said the regal is missing traffic (i live in NJ/NY and its completely useless)
The Nav is HDD based with 10gb of storage for music

I will say it again but line item for line item they have basically the same options. The only thing i see different is that the tsx has a back up cam while the regal has untrasonic rear sensors. Also the regal has adjustable suspension.
also the differences is the stereo are there but dont think that is a make or break for a purchase. I see alot of the points you are making but your hatred for Buick is getting in the way being objective about the cars.

if you are talking about the standard regal vs the tsx i dont think the regal is in the ballpark. the Turbo version loaded is more then in the ballpark and the GS when it arrives can more then compare with the v6 TSX.

Again, i purchased the TSX because i felt like it was a better overall car.

Who ever said Hyundai is greater then Buick i hope was joking. It gave me a good laugh.

Last edited by nbaresejr; 01-04-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by nbaresejr
you are incorrect yet again when it comes to the features. The buick has all of the features that you say it lacks.
Rear vents are standard
Traffic and weather are through XM just like the TSX; with that said the regal is missing traffic (i live in NJ/NY and its completely useless)
The Nav is HDD based with 10gb of storage for music

I will say it again but line item for line item they have basically the same options. The only thing i see different is that the tsx has a back up cam while the regal has untrasonic rear sensors. Also the regal has adjustable suspension.
also the differences is the stereo are there but dont think that is a make or break for a purchase. I see alot of the points you are making but your hatred for Buick is getting in the way being objective about the cars.

if you are talking about the standard regal vs the tsx i dont think the regal is in the ballpark. the Turbo version loaded is more then in the ballpark and the GS when it arrives can more then compare with the v6 TSX.

Again, i purchased the TSX because i felt like it was a better overall car.

Who ever said Hyundai is greater then Buick i hope was joking. It gave me a good laugh.
I have actually look through the "Features&Specs" list on the Buick site for the Turbo model. I couldn't find it at first, but I found the HDD Navigation just now, but the rear vents you were talking about... can't find it.

http://www.buick.com/vehicles/curren...tml#opt_cnt_10

Doesn't say on the Features/Specs for Interior.

Its funny how you point fingers about me being wrong, when you're wrong...

The XM radio doesn't provide live weather/traffic.

The details for weather/traffic from the Acura cars from:

"The information is aggregated by NAVTEQ™ from multiple sources, including highway patrol incident reports and transportation departments, and is updated approximately every 90 seconds."

http://www.acura.com/Features.aspx?m...altime_traffic

Basically proving to you that the Buick doesn't offer it, because XM radio, is just radio. The Acura live weather/traffic is AcuraLink not XM Radio...

Hyundai is better than Buick, and you're a fool for denying it. Hyundai produces more sales than Buick, and also the Hyundai Sonata/Genesis Coupe/Genesis Sedan are doing pretty well. What does Buick have that is doing good? Nothing. Hyundai > Buick. Check autoblog for sales #s that's my proof.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts
That guy can't be serious....Hyundai>Buick any day of the week. The Hyundai just came out with the Equus that can seriously compete with the 7 series, S-Class, A8, and LS. Buick caught a whiff of extinction with GM's unstable ways....lets be serious
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
But is been fun debating with you, you have been my procrastination for some time now. I wonder how does it feel like to waste your time being 39 and all to argue with a young adult.
LOL...Im still waiting for you to actually engage in a debate where you use facts rather than just your opinion most of the time, but alas this is growing very old with all your tap dancing etc.

Im not sure why your so focused on the one comparo I posted because as i mentioned there are many other out there but im sure you just dont want to face the facts and actually research it.

You seem to have a lot of hatred towards brands like Buick and VW and anything else that isnt a tier one brand. This is what makes your posts so blatantly bias all of the time and why your so focused of the badge on a car rather than what it offers. Im not even going to bother commenting on the rest of your rant because as another poster already mentioned, I think your maturity level is really starting to show now and by looking at your age I can see why.

Im sure you'll have something very intelligent to say but as I said before this tap dancing of yours is getting old.

I bid you Adieu.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Je t'aime...

LOL...Im still waiting for you to actually engage in a debate where you use facts rather than just your opinion most of the time, but alas this is growing very old with all your tap dancing etc.

Im not sure why your so focused on the one comparo I posted because as i mentioned there are many other out there but im sure you just dont want to face the facts and actually research it.

You seem to have a lot of hatred towards brands like Buick and VW and anything else that isnt a tier one brand. This is what makes your posts so blatantly bias all of the time and why your so focused of the badge on a car rather than what it offers. Im not even going to bother commenting on the rest of your rant because as another poster already mentioned, I think your maturity level is really starting to show now and by looking at your age I can see why.

Im sure you'll have something very intelligent to say but as I said before this tap dancing of yours is getting old.

I bid you Adieu.
Says the guy that was using opinion and one article the whole time to prove his point.

What you did during this WHOLE debate was. 1. You claim an opinion. 2. Show a bias article that reviews random cars from different segments, and keep at it.

That proved nothing but how prove VW you are.

I like VW actually, but I hate pro-VW heads like you that claim the Jetta is better than the TSX. Maybe in your world it is, but in reality its not.

Nice, we are gonna talk about age. Yeah, I'm young, and I'm immature. So what? You're old, and you are wasting your time on an Acura forum to promote VW. Guess what that is? Failure.

I hope you enjoy your Jetta, though. The highest model comes standard with fake leather. Enjoy that.

You just sound like a nut job when you keep claiming your Jetta is better than the TSX. Claiming Buick Regal is in the TSX's league. Even InsideLine claims the Buick Regal might want to fight head on w/ the TSX, but the TSX is way too far. There was a video released by insideline where the reviewer said this.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Intermediate

I am officially done with this thread.

We will have to agree to disagree on most points.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nbaresejr
also the differences is the stereo are there but dont think that is a make or break for a purchase.
I actually did heavy research about the premium sound quality of the competition and the ultimate deciding factor for me to purchase my TSX was in fact the ELS audio system. I felt like it was miles ahead of the Studio on wheels infiniti was offering which was the other car I was looking at.