Rear Window Tints

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010 | 10:56 AM
Advanced

Rear Window Tints

I recently had my tints done on my Grigio w/ Black Interior TSX and got 35% - I am very happy with the way it turned out except for the rear/back windshield.

I noticed that as it dried that the heating lines on the rear windshield are now visible and it looks like, as the tint settled there is some white/clear space surrounding the heating lines! Keep in mind it is uniform and symmetrical to the heating lines.

Issue: driving at night, there is light that refracts through these clear spaces - so it can be difficult to see - a few ppl who looked at it say the tint is fine, it's just that the TSX rear windshield is quite slanted and not as perpendicular.

Any Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2010 | 12:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tsx_ridah10
I recently had my tints done on my Grigio w/ Black Interior TSX and got 35% - I am very happy with the way it turned out except for the rear/back windshield.

I noticed that as it dried that the heating lines on the rear windshield are now visible and it looks like, as the tint settled there is some white/clear space surrounding the heating lines! Keep in mind it is uniform and symmetrical to the heating lines.

Issue: driving at night, there is light that refracts through these clear spaces - so it can be difficult to see - a few ppl who looked at it say the tint is fine, it's just that the TSX rear windshield is quite slanted and not as perpendicular.

Any Thoughts?
Update: I called the Tint place and they said that it will take about a month to completely dry and that problem should go away!
Old 04-27-2010 | 06:23 AM
10th Gear

Or in a month you will have forgotton about it/gotten used to it!
Old 04-27-2010 | 02:08 PM
Advanced

LOL - no I am going back this weekend for them to take a second look - but I think 2 weeks in direct sum should hopefully do it!

I will report back after that time!
Old 04-27-2010 | 02:56 PM
Racer

yeah i noticed some patches here and there where there were some bubbles. and not just on the edges. and i know what you are talking about with the read window and the defogger. i had a weird affect. but after 2 days. everything is gone. not randome patches or bubbles. it fits around the defogger perfectly. i was nervous the first day or so, but its perfect now.
Old 05-10-2010 | 12:52 PM
Advanced

i got my tint done this weekend
i know exactly what you're talking about. hopefully the others are right about the moisture drying up.
too bad the weather is going bad again 2 days after i just got my tint.
Old 05-10-2010 | 02:14 PM
Advanced

so it has been about 3 weeks now - and it has improved significantly, Should of went darker!! I did 35% so its looks great but I think this issue would be non-existent if I went let's say 25% - my choice was based on the color of my car Grigio is already a dark color with black interior a lighter tint does the trick!

Tip: Run the Defroster after a week to help it dry!
Old 05-10-2010 | 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Plural of tint is still tint.

LOL
Old 05-11-2010 | 11:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsx_ridah10
so it has been about 3 weeks now - and it has improved significantly, Should of went darker!! I did 35% so its looks great but I think this issue would be non-existent if I went let's say 25% - my choice was based on the color of my car Grigio is already a dark color with black interior a lighter tint does the trick!

Tip: Run the Defroster after a week to help it dry!
I think 35% is just right. I have mine that way all around and I wouldn't change it. On cloudy and overcast days, the tint looks even darker and I get more paranoid about cops.