Question regarding B1 Service for my 13 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Question regarding B1 Service for my 13 TSX

Okay, first i apologize for posting such thread regarding b1 service. I know there were like hundreds threads about the services.

This will be my first B1 service as I reached to 15% in oil (8400 miles so far) and it's been only 1 year since I bought the car last year around this time...

I saw another post from fellow acurazine member: https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/b1-service-780558/

and I saw what member 09tsxtech summarized what b1 service are...

B1 service:

Replace engine oil and filter
Service front and rear brakes
Inspect parking brake adjustments
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
Rotate tires , inspect for wear and adjust pressure
Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids and check for leaks
Inspect exhaust system
Inspect fuel lines and connections

when I did my first a1 service, i just took my car to Acura dealer and did only engine oil and filter change for 55 bucks and took my car to mechanics for tire rotation..

But now can't I just repeat what I did for A1 service and just do oil changes and tire rotation?

and for the rest of the check marks, can't i go to any mechanics and ask them to do inspections? but do any of you do that? I don't really want to spend around 150 or more to have dealers do them and myself waiting at the lobby... and of course if cost comes to similar to what dealer asked, i'll hit the dealer..

and most importantly, i don't want to skip the inspection just because of I don't want myself to be in danger just in case anything happens just because I didn't do some inspections. And I know I am just going to keep the car for 3-4 more years and don't want to car to have any problems..

Do any of you live in Los Angeles? I bought the car at Center Acura.. glendale acura seems nice too and sierra service dept as well... I was quoted $105-120 for A1 services for 3 of them... so i don't think B1 is any cheaper by any chance..
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I think the whole "Inspect" this or that is a scam. I see only 3 actual services. I have a warranty for the everything listed except brake pad/rotors. Everyone knows when that is ready to be done.

I have yet to do any service, but feedback from many here indicated that those prices are high.

Have you asked the dealer what only an oil & filter change, and rotation would cost ? Just curious myself.

A few here suggested that going to a honda dealer might be less expensive.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
I think the whole "Inspect" this or that is a scam. I see only 3 actual services. I have a warranty for the everything listed except brake pad/rotors. Everyone knows when that is ready to be done.

I have yet to do any service, but feedback from many here indicated that those prices are high.

Have you asked the dealer what only an oil & filter change, and rotation would cost ? Just curious myself.

A few here suggested that going to a honda dealer might be less expensive.
Yes, I asked Acura Dealers in Los Angeles that oil & filter change would cost 50 plus tax and I paid around 55 dollars for and dealer wanted to me to pay 40 dollars for tire rotation... so i simply went to local mechanics for 15 dollars.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
B1 service will run you a little over $180 at the dealer.

you can still ask for an oil change and tire rotation. most dealers do a courtesy inspection of most of the items listed for the "B".

my services get written up for a B service as a "value B service" and i get charged the $45 for the oil change. same story for the A service. it depends on how you request the service to the SA. if you say the letter and number they will charge you for what is written in their "book". ask them for the actual service....then they will charge you accordingly (a la carte, if you may).

services at Acura dealers are generally within $10-15 of each other depending on the market. so the going rate for an A service in my metro area is about $120. i certainly don't pay that since i ask for an oil change.

check you local dealer's website for service coupons. better than nothing in terms of some savings.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:53 PM
2010 TSX

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
I think the whole "Inspect" this or that is a scam.
+1....that's why I just chg the oil/filter myself...."inspections" are BS imo.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:51 PM
wagon owner

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
If you go with dealer tire rotation ask if its rotate AND BALANCE for the price youre quoted.
I asked about that and was surprised to find the 'balance' part brought the 'rotate' part up to 80 bucks.
Not a fan of getting tires rotated without balancing...or that the dealer charges so much for that
Old 04-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bagwell
+1....that's why I just chg the oil/filter myself...."inspections" are BS imo.
yeah that's the thing... i don't have the tools for DIY and don't want to hassel cause i live in apartment... but any how I want to know if there is mechanics that does the inspection that cost way less than the dealer?